• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    Wrong Way, Nintendo!

Now even I'll say that Heartgold and SoulSilver are going to be one of Nintendo's biggest releases, introducing bunches of new features. One of these is multiplayer mini-games.

Now when I think mini-games, pokemon stadium comes to mind. When I think multiplayer, games such as Halo 3 and Mario Party come to mind. All of these are console games.

Now while I believe that shooters would be better off if each person were given his/her own screen, due to issues such as screenlooking and the annoyance of multi-screen play, mini games usually don't have these issues. And besides that, I don't go over to a friend's house so I can whip out my DS. While I will say the system is big, it's not so big that it replaces the need for consoles. I still prefer to play multiplayer games on my friend's huge HDTV. The DS is a portable system, it was assigned that title for a reason, and I don't see it breaking out of that anytime soon.

So while we're getting the pokemon mini-game multiplayer experience on our DS, we aren't getting it on the TV screens that game parties are meant to be centered around. Pokemon Battle Revolution was a HUGE let-down (For me, anyways.... no catching new pokemon, no minigames or quizes.... it basically took the best side-parts from the previous games and shoved them in the toilet), and would have been better with mini-games. So the fact that Nintendo is re-creating these games for portables and not for the TVs says to me that the company is moving in the wrong direction. Sure, we like the kind of small (Well.... semi-small in DS' case) devices that fit in our pocket, such as ipod and PSPs, but we do still go to movie theatres, we still sit down at our TVs to watch blu-ray and get the whole movie experience. So why, Nintendo, are you trying to bind us to our little double screened devil with this?

Think about Mario. The new super mario for Wii. It's a party game and, if you haven't noticed.... it's coming out for WII. Not DS, WII. 'Cuz it's a PARTY GAME, and Wii was meant for that. So let's get these Pokemon Minigames onto the single screen they belong!

EDIT: The point is HG/SS are getting Mini-games, and that's not where mini-games belong. I think Nintendo's going the wrong way with making this portable. I don't go to a friend's house to play mini-games on a little screen, that was the main selling point of the Wii, party style games. Mini-games belong on PBR, which sucked, btw.

Last edited:

DiSCIclaimer

Is Taking Over The Earth
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2009
    I agree....battle revoulition was the worst..... :(
    guess nintendo jus has its own resaons...<

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    EDIT: The point is HG/SS are getting Mini-games, and that's not where mini-games belong. I think Nintendo's going the wrong way with making this portable. I don't go to a friend's house to play mini-games on a little screen, that was the main selling point of the Wii, party style games. Mini-games belong on PBR, which sucked, btw.

Oh boy. This is going to end with another pointless shouting match and you getting banned again, isn't it?

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    40 year olds get more embarrassed at work when people see them playing a pokemon game on a huge flatscreen TV than on a practically-unnoticable-from-a-distance DS. ;)
    But then again, who the hell are they going to play a pokemon party game WITH?

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • The Mini-Games were actually first featured in FireRed/LeafGreen, so there really should be no complaints here. This thread is pointless and should either be closed or moved to the Complaints thread.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • Why are you complaining about mini-games of all things anyway? That hardly seems important compared to the oh-so many other features that are in the game. Besides, I really can't see a full scale main series pokemon game on anything other than a portable system, mini-games or not.

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
  • Merge this with the Complaints thread. :/
    And, not really... when I think of Mini-Games, I think of New Super Mario Bro's, who's Mini-Games were great, and Mario Kart DS, who's Mini-Games were also really fun. As for Multiplayer, I think of Yugioh WC2008/9 and Pokémon DPPt when I think of Multiplayer on the DS. I think it's you that has the wrong idea, really. Now, from an earlier post, don't attack me because of my opposing opinion and get us both banned. ¬¬

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I think you have valid points, but this should most likely be posted in the HG/SS Complaints Thread. There is nothing wrong with the addition of Mini-Games as they are just extras in the game to make it more appealing to buyers. And yes, these Mini-Games look quite fun. So, to avoid a rabid virtual yelling fight, I think this should be quietly closed.

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
  • Wow, you really have a point here.

PBR was a very huge letdown and I did expect to see some mini-games on there. And they should release a big pokemon party game for the Wii and stick all their little mini games on there. HeartGold, SoulSilver and the other pokemon RPG games are for training and catching new pokemon, not sitting around playing mini games. I have to agree with you.

Years
  • The new features and minigames are just an addition to the upcoming games of HG/SS,they're not expecting you to only play minigames just for the HG/SS.
    I do agree that the fact PBR was a huge-letdown. It really sucked that the fact that all you could really do is battle,I miss the Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2's arrangements.

{NM}Redwolf

Rebels against the God
    Years
  • i actually have to disagree with u. me and a couple of my friends like to get together and play pokemon in a group cause it seems funner to be in a group and the underground is extremely fun with more people. btw i think halo 3 was a major let down from the entire halo series.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Hey, here's a nice thought: they might be releasing mini games for HGSS...AND other consoles from now on! Omg brilliant.

Seriously, people still bought Battle Revolution, and it just showed Nintendo they should keep doing mini games everywhere. It wasn't like, "PBR failed, let's put minigames in the handhelds and forget the TV consoles".

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • I'm... just going to close this. It's not really going to generate a serious discussion and the topic doesn't really belong in this forum.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Since the thread was a complaint of sorts, into the Complaints thread it goes.

Less posting about that, more reporting please, people.

Can't say there's much wrong with the fact there's minigames on HG/SS - it is a game with WiFi and wireless capability and all thanks to the DS, so why not? That, and PBR was made by Genius Sonority who opted to go without minigames, to make PBR basically a battling game only, unlike the people who made the stadium games. Doesn't mean minigames won't be on another Pokemon game on a home console.

...yay, bad timing - we do things at the same time. XD AH WELL complain about minigames if you wish - and if you don't have a complaint... dance elsewhere.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • With what has been said, nothing seems wrong to me in having minigames within the HeartGold and SoulSilver games. Much less, it gives players something extra to enjoy besides the basic metagame itself. As for PBR not including minigames, like said again, it was more centered on the idea of battling, hence being called Pokémon Battle Revolution. People have different ideas on the game and opinions, but the inclusion of minigames on a DS console isn't such a bad thought. It was done before not only within Pokémon games, like the new HeartGold and SoulSilver but other genres of games as well. So to me it is another extra for players to enjoy, and to add on a bonus to the game that wasn't such a bad either.

Years
  • not on the topic of mini-games, since i relaly .like how they are looking so far, but one thing i hate is the grass. no, not just that, just how everything is so big, and tries to overpower another thing. letme exxplain. an example is the safari zone. in one area, it looks horribole, you have thereally bad tall grass in the middle of like sand, and rocks, and it looks really bad. ya. just the grass...XD =] they didnt c hange anything else, but they had to make the grass HORRIBLE! well, at least i like the trees =D

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I am now a bit irked with the control system. Gamefreak lover of buttons did something wrong. They forgot that they could easily take away the buttons and go with the simple scheme of d-pad for the right handers and touch or face buttons and the touch screen for left handers. Sure buttons are a tradition of Pokemon but god if you're going to touch things up like this, do so without the buttons.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't like that idea. My hands are kinda big and wide, so I get cramps if I use the DS's Stylus too much. Face Buttons FTW!

Back