• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Oh my god the leveling curve. ;_;
    After 8 badges in Kanto, my team didn't even go up 10 levels. How does everyone get level 60 teams before entering Kanto? Mine only averages 50 as it is! :[

Is it just me, or do Pokemon like to survive lethal hits with 10 or so HP a LOT more often than they should.... I've never had as many pokemon survive with 10 HP in Johoto than in any other game... :[

Then the usual HM Raging. I hate Cut so much. ;-;

Love SS though. <3

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Oh my god the leveling curve. ;_;
    After 8 badges in Kanto, my team didn't even go up 10 levels. How does everyone get level 60 teams before entering Kanto? Mine only averages 50 as it is! :[

Is it just me, or do Pokemon like to survive lethal hits with 10 or so HP a LOT more often than they should.... I've never had as many pokemon survive with 10 HP in Johoto than in any other game... :[

Then the usual HM Raging. I hate Cut so much. ;-;

Love SS though. <3
    This is a mystery as well.
    I've only played 60 hours on my Platinum, while I've clocked 80 hours on my SS.
    Yet the average level of my team in Plat is 60, while SS is 55.

Less high leveled trainers? More weaker wild Pokemon? The inconvenience of doing rematches with regular trainers?

HappyEmoKid

DRAGON POKEMON FTW!!!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2009
    Problems with SS/HG is the wait for it to come in Australia -_- i need to wait for early 2010!!

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2022
    well tbh
    they should of upgraded the teams and levels a bit
    thats the problem i always had with g/s/c
    i also think adding in 3rd and 4th generation pokemon kinda ruin it in a way
    the new celebie event suuuucks.sorry, but thats just wat i think

SPOILER ALERT!!!

*spoiler alert*giovanni should hav appeared in some sort of final showdown with team rocket and with a much better team*spoiler alert*

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • I don't see why you're complaining about him being too easy.
    I actually think he's harder than in G/S/C.
    Maybe I only say that because I didn't Grind to hell like most people and took him on with my team of Lv65's.

xXI JOE IXx

I wasn't happy that kanto trainers had 4th and 3rd gen pokemon, they should have kanto pokemon for crying out loud!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I wasn't happy that kanto trainers had 4th and 3rd gen pokemon, they should have kanto pokemon for crying out loud!
    Both the Kanto and Johto gyms when first confronted are given 1st and 2nd generation Pokémon as it was in the originals. The only changes they include in their rosters that involve 3rd and 4th Generation influences are their new moves and items.

However, after the rematches with the gyms are set up after defeating Red, then they will gain the newer generation Pokémon in their team rosters. This shouldn't be much of a complaint as it was expected to happen regardless. The point of a remake is making it bigger and better than the original when it comes to this point of the game play. Not to mention, the same was done in FRLG when rematching the Elite Four.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    I think the the change to Generation IV Pokemon for Kanto trainers can't possibly detract from gameplay. When you played the original GSC, did it matter what Pokemon the Kanto trainers had? No! You were a league champion and they were sending out Pokemon as low as L28. If it really bothers you that much, you can simply close your eyes, turn off the volume, and rapidly press the A button. That's how I beat the Kanto trainers in the original GSC.

AlphaMightyena

A Mightyena Fapper
    Years
  • There isn't anything wrong with Hg/ss, infact i've ben waiting to do a little Rievew!

Spoiler: May contain some spoilers for the game
    Spoiler:

Kris.. i do mis kris, i even once made up my mind to play the boy. but i got used to the new girl, so it doesen't matter that mutch to me anymore.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Legendaries.
    Come on it's almost got every freaking one.
    The game seems perfect if it wasn't for the overuse of legends...
    Maybe im just picky.

And i don't care if nintendos trying to remove the gba games... i guess the word "rare" doesn't mean anything in pokemon anymore.

AlphaMightyena

A Mightyena Fapper
    Years
  • Legendaries.
    Maybe im just picky.

And i don't care if nintendos trying to remove the gba games... i guess the word "rare" doesn't mean anything in pokemon anymore.

Yep! here is a list off all the Legends you can catch in hg/ss (HG if it's only in heartgold and Ss if it's only in soulsilver)

Articuno- Seaform islands (both)
    Zapdos- powerplant (both)
    Moltres- Silver Cave (both

Mewtwo- Cerulean Cave (both)
    Mew- None

Entei-Roaming Johto (both)
    Raikou- Roaming Johto (both)
    Suicune- Route 25 (both)

Lugia-Whirl Islands
    Ho-oh- Tin Tower
    Additional note: even though both games have eathier Lugia or Ho-Oh as a mascot, oddly, you can catch them in both games, Exept Heart gold will have the Ho-Oh scene, and Soulsilver will have the Lugia scene.

Latias- Roaming Kanto (Hg)
    Latios- Roaming Kanto (Ss)

Kyogre- Hidden Tower (Hg)
    Groudon- Hidden Tower (Ss)
    RayQuaza- Hidden Tower (both) (must have both Kyogre and Groudon)

Dialga, Palkia, Giratina- trade an event Arceus, and you can pick fro one of three. all at lv. 1 and will have moves they normaly wouldn't learn.

So many lengends.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Legendaries.
    Maybe im just picky.

The main reason for the overload in legendaries throughout the remake are because they are trying to fade out the use of the old GBA games. Seeing as the new DSi doesn't include the GBA Slot it is also beneficial to those who do not have the original DS or DS Lite to still have the ability to catch the legendaries from Ruby, Sapphire, and so on since they cannot migrate using the Pal Park. I do agree that there is too many legendaries in this one game, but that isn't to say some of them are a "must-do" operation. You can actually leave some of these legendaries as an optional catch.

shot571

well this may sound silly but i miss the glitches and the poor graphics. plus the ability to customise ur room

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • well this may sound silly but i miss the glitches and the poor graphics. plus the ability to customise ur room
    I agree that the first two are a bit silly... =P But I too would have liked to have been able to customise my room. (Although you can get a statue of yourself in there, I believe).

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Legendaries.
    Maybe im just picky.

I'll add something.

Legendaries- How legendary are they ifn't everyone is!?

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2009
    I think the only thing I have to complain about is the girl's design. It's rather ugly, mostly the hat above all. The clothes aren't TOO bad, but still... they could've made her cuter, or just used the Chrystal girl. Otherwise, it all seems pretty good so far. I've played a bit of a patched version on my DS, but haven't gottent oo far into it.

Back