• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
Years
  • my only issues with it is the PC and menu system

it was so much smoother in D/P

but i guess they wanted to make it more touch screen friendly *shrug* =\

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • I don't see why everybody is complaining about kanto. Sure the levels r low but i never used them to level up my pokemon in any of the games b4. Even if the levels were higher it doesnt give u much experience. There was also a reasonable amount of events in kanto, mayb not as much as a full game, but as a bonus, theres heaps!!
    The only complaint i hav 4 this game is that there isnt any secret bases. But its packed full with other goodies so i am too overjoyed to b worried about it!

Years
  • I don't like how many water based HM's there are. I know you could easily delete them, or have some useless pokemon learn them, but I always like to play where each of my 6 members know an HM or two.

Blah.

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    the levels are waaaayyy too low in the league and in dragons den I wanted to be Lance's partner, silver was underleveled

CrashSmAshley

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • I find it slightly annoying that in order to catch Suicune you have to follow it to all these different places and then you battle it...wish you could catch it the same as Raikou and Entei.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2010
    new safari zone

Anyone else hate the new safari zone? i swear i was in there an hour changing it and trying to find something besides zubats and raticates.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Seeing as this is pretty much a complaint on the new Safari Zone, just going to merge with the Complaints thread for you. As for myself, haven't gotten to try it out yet - still in-training to beat Chuck before doing so. Though, I've heard some mixed reviews on it.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Battling Lance, all his dragonites could do was use outrage or dragon rush. Each dragonite used only 1 other attack, then the rest was all dragon rush/outrage.

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
  • It bothered me how OP'd Karen's Houndoom seemed to be.

Nasty Plot + Dark Pulse & Flamethrower = You're screwed unless you have a strong Water/Ground/Fighting/Rock type.

Also Lance's lower-leveled Dragonite, just because that's what finished me off my first time getting to Lance...

austin00081

young money
    Years
  • One of the only things I don't like about the game is how fast you can beat it. I'm flying through Kanto right now, and it kind of disappoints me. There also needs to be more available Fire Pokemon in Johto, and the Super Rod shouldn't be in Kanto. Finally, Lyra/Ethan and your rival should make more appearances.

It would also be awesome if the in-game people recognized me as being the League Champion.

Years
  • I hate how the phone numbers are unremovable from Pokegear. And Apricorn trees instead of berry plants has put the hurt on feeding Moomoo.

I miss Gen2 computer cloning...

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I, too, dislike the fact that I can't remove phone numbers. If the people didn't call so often and if they weren't so annoying, it wouldn't be that bad, but they won't leave me alone! I'm not that far into the game (Goldenrod), but I'm already starting to get fed up with the number of phone calls (and I haven't gotten a single request for a rematch, so they've been pretty useless, as far as I'm concerned).

I also don't like the huge emphasis on the touch screen. It's fine for some things, but I wish I could easily navigate the PC and menus without using it. I feel like I have to go through an extra step or two to access things if I don't want to use the touch screen than I did in DPPt. I also don't like the stats screens for Pokemon. They just seem harder to read to me than the DPPt ones.

There are a bunch of small issues with the games (there are plenty that I haven't mentioned here), but overall, I really like the games, despite their issues.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Voltorb flip. I am complaining about it now, but I have only played it once, so we'll see how it goes. But it seems like that "Minesweeper" game that is on every Windows PC, and I hate Minesweeper!

Bring back the slots, it's not illegal to gamble with fake money, so what's the deal? Unless they did it to keep their "E" rating, as "simulated gambling" might somehow raise the rating.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    My only real complaint is Kanto.. it's going too fast and I don't like getting to pick which gyms I fight. ^^; It confuses me. I like things more linear

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2010
    Dialogue not as good as Diamond/Pearl

I got Soul Silver last week and I thought the dialogue wasn't exactly great, well, not as good as it's predecessors like Diamond/Pearl and Platinum. Just wanted to know if anyone else felt the same.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Is this a complaint? >_<

Anyway, I didn't really notice the difference. Maybe there is kind of a lack of dialogue though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2010
    not a complaint, just the dialogue doesent seem as...i dunno, sophisticated as in diamond and pearl

Back