• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Complete FireRed Upgrade

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Does anyone know how to turn off the ability pop ups? I can't find it in config.h

Is this the one thing that can't be turned on/off?

if its in it , it can be "turned off" the config is just a menu to make certain features people are expected to want to change togglable,
    if its not there it just requires more effort. i.e going into the files and commenting out its implementations.

said more plainly all the places where its directly referenced, and all the places that provide data to it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    hi all, i'm interested in helping to port the CFRU to the pokefirered decomp (or pokeemerald, i'm not picky). are there any projects that are currently trying to do this, or that have made any progress, that i can contribute to?

are you good with C? or have at least done work in decomp before?
    and there's more or less already a team that's moved things to pokeemerald.
    its a project by one of the developers of cfru actually.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Hi, has anyone encountered the same problem with Dive in CFRU? The tile behavior is correct but when I'm underwater already, the overworld sprite seemed to be incorrect and when pressing A or B, I can't use dive underwater.

can't remember exactly where, but check around the site here, there's a fix for that, like search pokecommunity dive fix on google.
    I believe its by FBI

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Does anyone know how to go about adding the Nickname feature to the party menu with CFRU? I noticed its very similar to the set up for the pokeemerald disassembly, but it's still too different from pokeemerald for those tutorials to be of use. I managed to successfully follow the tutorial on adding Nickname to the party menu in pokeemerald, but I can't figure it out for Fire Red/CFRU at all.

no idea what you mean by adding it to the partymenu, but it shouldn't be too dissimilar comparing pokeemerald to pokefirered there, both are decomps and more or less use the same file naming system. unless you're talking about comparing to vanilla fire red, which yeah, wouldn't work 'cause that's binary.

cfru is the middle ground between the two, but a good amount of how it does things uses asm, and not the files, so its hard to say how to add/change features.

Years
  • I have a problem where ability pop-ups are causing my game to freeze, and I'm not sure what's causing it. Whenever an ability pop-up would occur, it doesn't show up and the game stays locked on the last frame before the pop-up would normally show up (Like in these examples for Intimidate and Sturdy).

I've tried reinstalling both ufre and dpe, and using a clean rom, but it still happens. I can't figure out what's causing it, and would be happy to provide any other information needed in order to get this fixed!

Attachments

• test_02.png
      test_02.png
      6.8 KB · Views: 17
    • test_03.png
      test_03.png
      6.2 KB · Views: 11

jvboytheman

The Doctor
    Years
    • PH
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Hello!

Thank you for this CFRU. I hope more ROM hacks based on this + DPE will become available in the future.

I just have a question with regards to checksum. See, I managed to edit the party pokemon (Using VBA's Memory Viewer) and was quite delighted that the edit pokemon do not become bad eggs. It seems that the checksum requirement was removed. Great IMO.

So, going back to my question, are there any other ROM bases that have done removing the checksum requirement? CRFU + DPE definitely has. I have a ff up question once someone answers.

Thank you!

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2021
    Hello.
    Greetings to all as the title says.
    I wanted to know if someone knows or can help me regarding a problem with the CFRU, then first I would like to give a brief explanation mmm

the patch I use is Leon's (the ultimate pack).
    and I use the CFRU (not the DPE since that can work without it) but my problem is that
    when I run the patch on a rom without music modification it works normally
    However, if I run any music patch (Exactly any) the game works normally until the hit music enters combat and then Hay remains restarts.

It only happens in battle with music modified by patch, even the ones that come with the Leon patch pack itself restarts I wanted to know if someone has passed that error to him and if possible they can help me

Thanks first.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hello.
    Greetings to all as the title says.
    I wanted to know if someone knows or can help me regarding a problem with the CFRU, then first I would like to give a brief explanation mmm

the patch I use is Leon's (the ultimate pack).
    and I use the CFRU (not the DPE since that can work without it) but my problem is that
    when I run the patch on a rom without music modification it works normally
    However, if I run any music patch (Exactly any) the game works normally until the hit music enters combat and then Hay remains restarts.

It only happens in battle with music modified by patch, even the ones that come with the Leon patch pack itself restarts I wanted to know if someone has passed that error to him and if possible they can help me

Thanks first.

For Leon's base, you need to follow cfru change files in the required edits section, and also apply the dpe repo using the instructions as well

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Type_Icons.png
    I know people have used this and DPE to add more types, but I'm wondering if anyone has made a step-by-step guide showing how to do it? I'm over here just tacking on an extra line wherever I see types listed, and obviously that's not going to work...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Can someone advise on the follow me function like the video with Pikachu. My rom hack volt yellow anime would be sick if Pikachu could actually follow instead of being attached to the sprite

Years
  • Hello, quick question(s).
    Is this meant to ha an engine itself, to make your rom hack in it?
    Or is just a expansion to upgrade already done rom hacks?
    Or maybe both?
    If it's both, which one is the easier method?

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2023
    hi someone can help me? i tried to put level cap to 255 but give me a error. i appreciate any help

DevKit does not exist in your Path variable.
    Checking default location.
    Devkit found.
    Compiling ./src\build_pokemon.c
    ./src\build_pokemon.c: In function 'CreateNPCTrainerParty':
    ./src\build_pokemon.c:659:19: error: 'MAX_LEVEL' undeclared (first use in this function)
    minPartyLevel = MAX_LEVEL;
    ^
    ./src\build_pokemon.c:659:19: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
    ./src\build_pokemon.c: In function 'BuildFrontierParty':
    ./src\build_pokemon.c:1393:8: warning: empty declaration
    __attribute__ ((fallthrough));
    ^
    ./src\build_pokemon.c: In function 'GetHighestMonLevel':
    ./src\build_pokemon.c:3281:14: error: 'MAX_LEVEL' undeclared (first use in this function)
    if (max == MAX_LEVEL || species == SPECIES_NONE)
    ^
    ./src\build_pokemon.c: In function 'SetMonExpWithMaxLevelCheck':
    ./src\build_pokemon.c:3843:66: error: 'MAX_LEVEL' undeclared (first use in this function)
    if (data > gExperienceTables[gBaseStats[species].growthRate][MAX_LEVEL])
    ^

C:\Users\ilmag\Desktop\Complete-Fire-Red-Upgrade-master>

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2021
    I have a problem where ability pop-ups are causing my game to freeze, and I'm not sure what's causing it. Whenever an ability pop-up would occur, it doesn't show up and the game stays locked on the last frame before the pop-up would normally show up (Like in these examples for Intimidate and Sturdy).

I've tried reinstalling both ufre and dpe, and using a clean rom, but it still happens. I can't figure out what's causing it, and would be happy to provide any other information needed in order to get this fixed!

I have the same problem, does anyone can fix this?

Lance Koijer 2.0

Lance Koijer
    Years
  • EDIT: I think I figured it out already.
    The table that contains the move idex for TMs/HMs still uses the original and I confirmed it by checking the address of TM/HM Table. So, can anyone confirm if CFRU automatically sets up that table or I have to manually do it? Thanks!

207198450_410402193468945_8666300937304229354_n.png

Hi, does anyone encounter this issue? It's TM 73 and it's not loading correctly and it also freezes the screen once you press it. I've tried playing with the 2nd mystery byte, I tried 51 but instead of Roost, it's the move Cut. The value from 1-58 is good, but I'll get that issue if I go higher. The moves from 51-59 are the HMs in Fire Red which is very weird.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2022
    hey, would it be possible to implement the improved AI into a firered base?

Back