• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Complete FireRed Upgrade

Hanu P

DRAGON GOD<3
Years
  • Another question✋
    If I use dynamic Pokemon expansion,cfru and item expansion.....will it work?
    Will all items Pokemons and cfru features be added in test.gba
    Also can I use ikkarus lost property patch on that test.gba

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    Why do not they do anything similar but with the rest of the Pokemon games from 4th gen to onwards?

I also want Pokemon Platinum decompiled.

With Pokemon Platinum decompiled, you can do many things to add the Pokemon of the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th gen, Mega Evolutions, Z-Moves, regional forms etc.

I want people to make mods and hackroms for DS Pokemon games. Few mods and hackroms have been made for such games.

Years
  • I sorted out my problems, but I'll post them and the solution here for anyone who runs into the same ones:

1. Assembler could not be found. I added Python to paths in environment variables, which weren't added despite ticking to do so in the installer.

2. Same issue: I had Devkit installed into Devkit\DevkitARM\bin. However, the script won't expect any directory that isn't devkitPro\DevkitARM\bin, so if you happened to have renamed devkitPro in the installer for Devkit, just rename it and set up the paths again accordingly.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I've started a project using Firered as base and I've decided to use CFRU.

I had three features previously applied: Sideways Stairs, DS-Style Selection Screen, Pokemon Animated Sprites Patch. I've been able to apply CFRU without problems and everything seems to work. However, pokemon's animations are disabled in battles.

As I mentioned I had BugMania patch of continuous animations applied, similar to Pokemon BW. I've tried to apply CFRU on a clean rom and later apply the 2 frame system, similar to Emerald, DP... And it doesn't work either.

In both cases animations are executed in Pokemon status screen but not in battles. I suppose it's happens because the CFRU modifies animation battle system.

Is there any way I can apply the animation patch if I deactivate any features of CFRU? Can I apply pokemon animation system through CFRU? Or CFRU doesn't support animation system?

Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    Hello, I would like to know if it's possible to remove the animation of the player when you start a battle (when he throws a ball to send out the 1st party pokemon).
    The idea is to make the 1st pokemon slide instead of the player. Let's say you want pikachu to be the player. Being also the 1st pokemon in the party, it involves to slide pikachu when starting the battle, you see ? if the 1st mon is charizard, then charizard shows up for example.

I've found the file src/battle_transition.c, I guess that's what I should modify ? But how could I port the sliding to the 1st party pokemon ?
    I want to do that so badly, I've been searching for years and when I heard of the CFRU, I've been thinking it's possible finally. I would be so grateful if someone can help.

Years
  • I'm a bit confused at how using this works. I have everything installed, and I have my test.gba. So I guess now I can take that test.gba and start building a hack from it. Adding scripts, maps, etc.

But to make edits, I can't use tools and have to edit the .h and .c files. But it also says not to apply the CFRU to a game that already has CFRU. So does this mean I have to pre-emptively edit every Pokemon, moveset, etc before I ever start my hack, because you can't apply changes from .h and .c files afterwards?

Also, looking at the class-based music, I see they are using bgm naming (Rival_BGM) etc. These names don't match up with the names of the songs in Advance Map etc. How can I get a list of all the BGM names so I know which ones to apply to classes?

Last edited:

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Another question✋
    If I use dynamic Pokemon expansion,cfru and item expansion.....will it work?
    Will all items Pokemons and cfru features be added in test.gba
    Also can I use ikkarus lost property patch on that test.gba
    There is no item expansion. It's best not to do anything to the test.gba. See the recommended installation instructions in the documentation.

One last question. After configuring everything, can I use test.gba as my main rom?
    It's best not to do anything to the test.gba. See the recommended installation instructions in the documentation.

I've started a project using Firered as base and I've decided to use CFRU.

I had three features previously applied: Sideways Stairs, DS-Style Selection Screen, Pokemon Animated Sprites Patch. I've been able to apply CFRU without problems and everything seems to work. However, pokemon's animations are disabled in battles.

As I mentioned I had BugMania patch of continuous animations applied, similar to Pokemon BW. I've tried to apply CFRU on a clean rom and later apply the 2 frame system, similar to Emerald, DP... And it doesn't work either.

In both cases animations are executed in Pokemon status screen but not in battles. I suppose it's happens because the CFRU modifies animation battle system.

Is there any way I can apply the animation patch if I deactivate any features of CFRU? Can I apply pokemon animation system through CFRU? Or CFRU doesn't support animation system?
    I'm not sure what modifications that patch makes. But you are correct, whatever they are, the CFRU is overwriting them. The best I can do for you is point you to Pokefirered so you can research this yourself.

Hello, I would like to know if it's possible to remove the animation of the player when you start a battle (when he throws a ball to send out the 1st party pokemon).
    The idea is to make the 1st pokemon slide instead of the player. Let's say you want pikachu to be the player. Being also the 1st pokemon in the party, it involves to slide pikachu when starting the battle, you see ? if the 1st mon is charizard, then charizard shows up for example.

I've found the file src/battle_transition.c, I guess that's what I should modify ? But how could I port the sliding to the 1st party pokemon ?
    I want to do that so badly, I've been searching for years and when I heard of the CFRU, I've been thinking it's possible finally. I would be so grateful if someone can help.
    No, you wouldn't modify that file. The CFRU doesn't really touch the set-up for the intro trainer slide, so your best best would be to look in Pokefirered to figure out how to remove it.

I'm a bit confused at how using this works. I have everything installed, and I have my test.gba. So I guess now I can take that test.gba and start building a hack from it. Adding scripts, maps, etc.

But to make edits, I can't use tools and have to edit the .h and .c files. But it also says not to apply the CFRU to a game that already has CFRU. So does this mean I have to pre-emptively edit every Pokemon, moveset, etc before I ever start my hack, because you can't apply changes from .h and .c files afterwards?
    It's best not to do anything to the test.gba. You can run the make script as many times as you want, since the CFRU always build from the base rom. See the recommended installation instructions in the documentation for more details.

Also, looking at the class-based music, I see they are using bgm naming (Rival_BGM) etc. These names don't match up with the names of the songs in Advance Map etc. How can I get a list of all the BGM names so I know which ones to apply to classes?
    The best thing you could do is open up AMap, Sappy, etc. and build a list of names that you're comfortable with.

ScizorBlade

Sup Dogg
    Years
  • It's best not to do anything to the test.gba. See the recommended installation instructions in the documentation.

As much as I understand, first I will add the gMoveNames to ROM1, and delete ROM 2. Then after doing all scripting, mapping, etc add CFRU in the end? Is that what has to be done? (If yes, then I had the wrong idea all this time)

Also, I have this query:
    Complete FireRed Upgrade

The new TM indices start from 339 which is the same as the start of HM indices. Should it not be 349, so that the HM moves be there too? And then change the indices of FRLG key items? If not, what should be the indices of HM moves? Any unique number after the key items? Or I would have to change the indices of everything else after TM50 to make room for the HMs?

__fred__40

fred
    Years
  • The new TM indices start from 339 which is the same as the start of HM indices. Should it not be 349, so that the HM moves be there too? And then change the indices of FRLG key items? If not, what should be the indices of HM moves? Any unique number after the key items? Or I would have to change the indices of everything else after TM50 to make room for the HMs?

You should change the index of the TM51 -120 to index where you create the items data,so if you create the tms right after the sapphire your index will be 375,whilw if you first create lets say 30 megastones your index will be 375+30.At least that's what I did
    Also if you edit the indexes of the tm in include/constant/items.h remember to change them also in include/constant/tmshms

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    Thanks for your answer Skeli, I will do my research in pokefirered then. Other than that, the CFRU really seems to be a precious tool for beginners and also high level developers/modders, congrats !

ScizorBlade

Sup Dogg
    Years
  • So the dynamic overworld palettes only work once I compile the engine into a ROM. Which means if I add OWs before adding CFRU, it causes major palette errors, until I fix the palettes, which is impossible due to the vast number of OWs. So how can I insert the OWs before adding CFRU? (I have seen people talking about it, but never saw how to do it.)

Years
    • Online now
    guys when i change MAX_LENGTH= to 12 in ability names table string all pokemon ability names change to other names,i.e my bulbasaur have sniper ability not overgrow but when a Set to 16 bulbasaur have overgrow and all work fine ,because is missed on G3T with 16 and is work fine with 12,please how to fix that,thank you

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I'm not sure what modifications that patch makes. But you are correct, whatever they are, the CFRU is overwriting them. The best I can do for you is point you to Pokefirered so you can research this yourself.

Thanks for your answer. I don't know much about decomp and disassembly but I'll try using pokefirered in the future.

Dreamaker

Banned
    Years
  • What if I don't want to use level_up_learnsets.c and want to use the original Leansets to be able to edit them with PGE, YAPE, G3T or G3HS?

Dreamaker

Banned
    Years
  • With Clean Instalation:

Complete FireRed Upgrade

Solved:
    #define EXPANDED_TMSHMS //Comment this out if you want to keep 50 tms/8 hms (Uncomment this) XD
    Set Mistery 1/2 field In G3T
    For TMS 0/1 TM01
    For TMS 0/2 TM02
    For TMS 0/3 TM03...
    For HMS 1/51 HM01
    For HMS 1/52 HM02
    For HMS 1/53 HM03...

Complete FireRed Upgrade

Last edited:

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • So the dynamic overworld palettes only work once I compile the engine into a ROM. Which means if I add OWs before adding CFRU, it causes major palette errors, until I fix the palettes, which is impossible due to the vast number of OWs. So how can I insert the OWs before adding CFRU? (I have seen people talking about it, but never saw how to do it.)
    Ideally you should be testing on test.gba, and never the base rom. If you do, you won't have your issue of dynamic palettes. Just run the make script when you want to test something. It doesn't take more than a couple seconds tops when there are no CFRU-based changed.

guys when i change MAX_LENGTH= to 12 in ability names table string all pokemon ability names change to other names,i.e my bulbasaur have sniper ability not overgrow but when a Set to 16 bulbasaur have overgrow and all work fine ,because is missed on G3T with 16 and is work fine with 12,please how to fix that,thank you
    You need to change ABILITY_NAME_LENGTH in include/constants/battle.h as well. Make sure you clean before testing.

How do I install only Abilities and updated Moves?
    You can't.

What if I don't want to use level_up_learnsets.c and want to use the original Leansets to be able to edit them with PGE, YAPE, G3T or G3HS?
    Copy them from https://github.com/pret/pokefirered/blob/master/src/data/pokemon/level_up_learnsets.h.

With Clean Instalation:
    Complete FireRed Upgrade
    This has now been fixed. Thank you for reporting!

Back