• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Those of you that played both this and Nova Red, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Gen II

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • A Digimon hack of Gen IV

Votes: 48 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    By definition altering the rom into a .txt file would be a change.

Which patcher are you using?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Awesome, what was going on?

Edit: I just noticed this, the words on a TM/HM's description in the bag are, I think, Spanish.

Edit 2: Captain Stern remains in front of the Slateport harbor building during the event of Team Aqua stealing the submarine, allowing you to speak with him again as though he had just finished his interview.

Edit the Third: Legit, the most crunch time fight I've had the entire run so far. If it wasn't for WereGarurumon having Crunch I'm almost certain I'd've had to use a Shoutmon.
    [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2023
    Hey there, I use vba-m for most of my emulation since openemu has had problems with certain hacks.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Challenge complete!
    Spoiler:

This was a lot of fun, and despite my misunderstanding of the excel spreadsheet's declaration regarding Omnimon's evolution, I still very much enjoyed evolving him.
    I'll include his final build below
    Spoiler:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Challenge complete!
    Spoiler:

This was a lot of fun, and despite my misunderstanding of the excel spreadsheet's declaration regarding Omnimon's evolution, I still very much enjoyed evolving him.
    Spoiler:

Congrats my guy! That's the second-strongest Digimon in the game you've got right there. Apologies for any ambiguity in the Excel sheet; I guess you thought you would need both a level 100 WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon? XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Yup, that's why I grabbed a Tsunomon about halfway through.

Either way, had lots of fun and some nearly clutch moments where dumb luck, being overleveled, and having some backup digimon for dual fights saved me.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Challenge complete!
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Big ups dude. That's sick.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Welp. It looks like taking my time grinding to get a good iv ketomon was worth it.
    Dragon Rage is going to be a big help to cruise through the first couple gyms. I almost feel bad, as I'm not one to abuse such broken moves but eh. I earned this.
    Will keep updating on my team so everyone can watch as they grow and develop!

Attachments

• [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project
      Screenshot_20220418-000614.png
      81.3 KB · Views: 16
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Congrats! Dragon Rage helped me through a bunch of the mid-game content, until it was no longer two-shotting people.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Congrats! Dragon Rage helped me through a bunch of the mid-game content, until it was no longer two-shotting people.

Thanks man! We're getting there!
    grinded up and digivolved my boys and we're gonna challenge the first gym soon. Will post another update before the second gym.

Attachments

• [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project
      Screenshot_20220418-014601.png
      119.5 KB · Views: 15
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Amulet Coin you get from your mother after beating Norman, same as in the base game.

Some feedback/glitches

Exp. All is completely overpowered. It doesn't seem to split the XP, you just get a lot more of it. I'm on 6 badges and my two strongest Digimon are 10-20 levels ahead of everything I'm facing. Rest of the team is at least on par.

I went to talk to the dude dressed as a sailor just south east of the house in Slateport where people tell you about the natures of their Pokemon. It triggered the event where Stern is giving a TV interview and someone shouts on a megaphone then everyone runs in to the harbour building. I was then teleported into the building. There was a Team Aqua member stood next to the woman who tells you that there's no boat there, but you can't interact with him.

I went into the Trainer Hill next to the Winstrate family to heal, when I came out I was in the middle of the desert.

I went back to Slateport to try to buy Harbor Mail so I could swap it for a Coin Case, I couldn't find it anywhere, I assume that's because of the Marts now having the same items in every store.

There are level 88-100 wild Gaomon in the little cave that leads to the power plant southeast of Mauville.

I don't mean this to sound negative, because it's still great work, just thought it'd be useful to know.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Amulet Coin you get from your mother after beating Norman, same as in the base game.

Some feedback/glitches

Exp. All is completely overpowered. It doesn't seem to split the XP, you just get a lot more of it. I'm on 6 badges and my two strongest Digimon are 10-20 levels ahead of everything I'm facing. Rest of the team is at least on par.

I went to talk to the dude dressed as a sailor just south east of the house in Slateport where people tell you about the natures of their Pokemon. It triggered the event where Stern is giving a TV interview and someone shouts on a megaphone then everyone runs in to the harbour building. I was then teleported into the building. There was a Team Aqua member stood next to the woman who tells you that there's no boat there, but you can't interact with him.

I went into the Trainer Hill next to the Winstrate family to heal, when I came out I was in the middle of the desert.

I went back to Slateport to try to buy Harbor Mail so I could swap it for a Coin Case, I couldn't find it anywhere, I assume that's because of the Marts now having the same items in every store.

There are level 88-100 wild Gaomon in the little cave that leads to the power plant southeast of Mauville.

I don't mean this to sound negative, because it's still great work, just thought it'd be useful to know.

Agreed on ExpAll. I tried it out for about two levels before shutting it off. Totally kills the challenge imo but hey, some people prefer more casual play.

Harbor Mail can be found as an item pickup up close to the beginning of the game, if I recall.

Good catch on sailor dude, Trainer Hill, and the Mauville Cave. I'll take them out in the next update. And no worries! I appreciate the playtesting. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    That reminds me, in Sootopolis when Kyogre and Groudon are doing their thing I spoke with Steven and then went on a lovely walk through some walls until arriving in the Origin Cave.

Also, HR, while I am aware the Amulet Coin is obtainable from your mom after defeating Norman, until I got there my confusion was that Guzeinbuick had said they placed one somewhere in the map in a pokeball.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Hmm I can't seem to find a single digimon that can learn cut... I'm assuming the reasoning is that baby and in training forms don't exactly have anything they can really cut with... But I'm sort of at a loss because I dumped my starter and chose Terriermon (caught as Gummymon) and he cannot use cut.
    Wondering which in training I should grind up so I can cut some trees down! Hahah

EDIT: found out Wanyamon can use it. So all good now.

Last edited:
    Back