• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Those of you that played both this and Nova Red, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Gen II

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • A Digimon hack of Gen IV

Votes: 48 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hmm I can't seem to find a single digimon that can learn cut... I'm assuming the reasoning is that baby and in training forms don't exactly have anything they can really cut with... But I'm sort of at a loss because I dumped my starter and chose Terriermon (caught as Gummymon) and he cannot use cut.
    Wondering which in training I should grind up so I can cut some trees down! Hahah

EDIT: found out Wanyamon can use it. So all good now.

Yeah I tried to make the TM/HM learnability based on their design. So no claws or fangs = no cut.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Alrighty. So I love this romhack. It's beautiful and very well done.

Having said that... I have some suggestions/requests

1. The second gym is honestly too hard. The first two mons are fine and I would even say PERFECT, however, I gotta say that the last fella is a tad bit OP and by a tad bit, I mean incredibly overly so.
    Steel and Fighting is just too strong. I think maybe since you usually use Agumon (a fire type) it may not have been so difficult for you. But TRUST ME, it is unreasonably so . (Believe me too, if I knew there was going to be a Steel Fighting type I would ha e properly prepared for that)
    My team sadly consists of two normal types too which really REALLY sucks for me. But the reason it does is because of:

2. Gaossmon is Normal type and is one of my favorite digimon. I wanted so badly to use him and I completely overlooked that he was normal type which honestly to me doesn't not seem accurate... He should either be a dragon type OR(if that is too op), a ground type.

3. Terriermon (which is my other main team Mon), should be a Normal / Flying type. In the anime he is able to glide and if gligar can be a flying type, so can he too!

I'm kinda sad cause i remember you mentioning that all digimon were viable and that I didn't need to overly plan my teams but now that I'm witnessing this and having failed about 10 times now and have become overleveled from beating his first two mons over and over I have basically ruined the game as I am overppwered for the rest of the game afterwards.
    (And I still cant beat that steel fighting type mememon dude ..)

Just saying... He's a bit much man and I consider myself a fairly experienced pokemon player and even tried to use multiple strats to get passed him.

That sitrus berry on him is also just an insult to injury! D:<
    I would've beaten him by now if it wasn't for that. Perhaps consider having him only use an oran berry

Trust me. These are issues that are essentially game breaking. I basically have to restart. I don't want to have to go find a fire type at this point and grind it up just to get passed one dude AND I don't want to have to evolve my Gaossmon into Tyrannomon for his fire typing yet as I just got him.

Another request I'd make is to just have him evolve into Darktyrannomon after Tyrannomon instead of having the split evolution.

Anyways. These are all just ideas.
    I still enjoyed the romhack and hoenstly I do appreciate you putting in all the hard work but yeah... All digimon ARE NOT viable and I shouldnt be 2 to 3 levels higher than a digimon and still losing to it.

There's a reason why there is only 1 steel fighting in pokemon and he is a legendary trio. (Cobalion)

This is the second gym. It shouldn't be THAT hard.

But yeah. Overall thank you for making this. It is a sick romhack. I'll need to restart though as I am royally screwed hahah

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Alrighty. So I love this romhack. It's beautiful and very well done.

Having said that... I have some suggestions/requests

1. The second gym is honestly too hard. The first two mons are fine and I would even say PERFECT, however, I gotta say that the last fella is a tad bit OP and by a tad bit, I mean incredibly overly so.
    Steel and Fighting is just too strong. I think maybe since you usually use Agumon (a fire type) it may not have been so difficult for you. But TRUST ME, it is unreasonably so . (Believe me too, if I knew there was going to be a Steel Fighting type I would ha e properly prepared for that)
    My team sadly consists of two normal types too which really REALLY sucks for me. But the reason it does is because of:

2. Gaossmon is Normal type and is one of my favorite digimon. I wanted so badly to use him and I completely overlooked that he was normal type which honestly to me doesn't not seem accurate... He should either be a dragon type OR(if that is too op), a ground type.

3. Terriermon (which is my other main team Mon), should be a Normal / Flying type. In the anime he is able to glide and if gligar can be a flying type, so can he too!

I'm kinda sad cause i remember you mentioning that all digimon were viable and that I didn't need to overly plan my teams but now that I'm witnessing this and having failed about 10 times now and have become overleveled from beating his first two mons over and over I have basically ruined the game as I am overppwered for the rest of the game afterwards.
    (And I still cant beat that steel fighting type mememon dude ..)

Just saying... He's a bit much man and I consider myself a fairly experienced pokemon player and even tried to use multiple strats to get passed him.

That sitrus berry on him is also just an insult to injury! D:<
    I would've beaten him by now if it wasn't for that. Perhaps consider having him only use an oran berry

Trust me. These are issues that are essentially game breaking. I basically have to restart. I don't want to have to go find a fire type at this point and grind it up just to get passed one dude AND I don't want to have to evolve my Gaossmon into Tyrannomon for his fire typing yet as I just got him.

Another request I'd make is to just have him evolve into Darktyrannomon after Tyrannomon instead of having the split evolution.

Anyways. These are all just ideas.
    I still enjoyed the romhack and hoenstly I do appreciate you putting in all the hard work but yeah... All digimon ARE NOT viable and I shouldnt be 2 to 3 levels higher than a digimon and still losing to it.

There's a reason why there is only 1 steel fighting in pokemon and he is a legendary trio. (Cobalion)

This is the second gym. It shouldn't be THAT hard.

But yeah. Overall thank you for making this. It is a sick romhack. I'll need to restart though as I am royally screwed hahah

Hold on, don't restart yet. Tell me your team and I can give you a strat to beat him. He has Accelerock anyway so just finding a random fire mon might not work. Steel-Fighting is also weak to Ground so you can always catch an Upamon next door in Granite Cave if you want to go the Super Effective route. Personally, I beat him on all my runs either by ruining his Accuracy with Flash or stalling him out with Leech Seed. But sure I can give him an Oran Berry in the next update.

I appreciate the rest of your feedback but the Typing choices are quite deliberate:
    -Gaossmon will become either a Fire or a Dark type, as you know. So training up a mon that you think is going to play a Dragon or Ground niche and then suddenly being bamboozled with a Fire or Dark type is kinda unfair to the player. That's why he's Normal type.
    -Terriermon, same deal. Gargomon can't fly, so training up a Terriermon as your team's Flying type only to have him lose it when he evolves is another cheap shot. Plus he eventually gains Steel typing when he evolves into MegaGargomon.

Oh and to be brutally honest, Gaossmon's viability is that he can digivolve into the relatively powerful Tyranomon/DarkTyranomon pretty early in the game. So by holding out on that you're kind of sacrificing his viability...

Anyhoo I do really appreciate your feedback. Please don't hesitate to share the rest of your thoughts on the game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    It's your romhack my man and like I said. I do love it. It's really freaking fun. I just feel like it could benefit with a bit of balancing when it comes to gyms vs normal trainers.
    (Just my opinion and preference)

All of your choices are absolutely fine and I do see where you're coming from and am inclined to agree with your points. As I mentioned. This is your romhack.

I'm just bringing to light some other perspectives.

I will mention however that digimon do change types quite a bit per digivolution. Terriermon IS an Air affinity Mon and becomes Electric as Gargomon. So I'm just mentioning that what I said wasn't really that off base on terms of faithfulness to the source material.

Either way. I'm going to restart because I want to build a team that functions well and can get through the game. Not just use my favorite digimon.
    It's totally okay. I have lots of mons I like. I can compromise. I love the game THAT much.
    Besides I wanted to get the paid version of myboy anyways so it all works out in the end and I wasn't really THAT far into the game anyways

I will have my revenge on that Steel Fighting bastard. Mark my words. 😌

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    It's your romhack my man and like I said. I do love it. It's really freaking fun. I just feel like it could benefit with a bit of balancing when it comes to gyms vs normal trainers.
    (Just my opinion and preference)

All of your choices are absolutely fine and I do see where you're coming from and am inclined to agree with your points. As I mentioned. This is your romhack.

I'm just bringing to light some other perspectives.

I will mention however that digimon do change types quite a bit per digivolution. Terriermon IS an Air affinity Mon and becomes Electric as Gargomon. So I'm just mentioning that what I said wasn't really that off base on terms of faithfulness to the source material.

Either way. I'm going to restart because I want to build a team that functions well and can get through the game. Not just use my favorite digimon.
    It's totally okay. I have lots of mons I like. I can compromise. I love the game THAT much.
    Besides I wanted to get the paid version of myboy anyways so it all works out in the end and I wasn't really THAT far into the game anyways

I will have my revenge on that Steel Fighting bastard. Mark my words. 😌

If you do end up getting stuck on him again, as a last resort you can always just stumble your way through Granite Cave, find Steven, and then move on to Slateport. Then you can come back and challenge Brawly later when your team packs a bit more of a punch.

Either way, let me know how the rest of your playthrough goes. Looking forward to how you eventually tackle the E4.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    If you do end up getting stuck on him again, as a last resort you can always just stumble your way through Granite Cave, find Steven, and then move on to Slateport. Then you can come back and challenge Brawly later when your team packs a bit more of a punch.

Either way, let me know how the rest of your playthrough goes. Looking forward to how you eventually tackle the E4.

Will do.
    Yeah I'm planning a wicked team!

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Could you please add the Halsemon to the Hawkmon Line, Submarimon to the Armadillomon Line, Pegasusmon to the Patamon Line, Nefertimon to the Gatomon Line, The Shinegreymon Line and Gallantmon Crimson Mode?

Here the link for the Armor Sprites
    https://www.spriters-resource.com/wonderswan_wsc/digimonadventure02d1tamer/sheet/127992/

I found some sprites for the Shinegreymon and Gallantmon Crimson Mode but Idk how to post the sprites.

Yes, I've seen those sprites before. The scale is too big.

See the red square on the left? That's what they would have to squish into.

[COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

There's no way it could work.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Damn that sucks but I get it tho, but are Gallantmon Crimson Mode, and The Shinegreymon Line including Burst Mode/Ruin Mode feasible? If you use the Digimon Dawn/Dusk Sprites.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Alright that's ok my guy but is there any other digimon you plan to put in this game?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Alright that's ok my guy but is there any other digimon you plan to put in this game?

Yup! I want to round the Dex off to a nice clean 350. Leomon would be easy to start with, and he'd fit in well between Liollmon and Sabreleomon. Gwappamon, Apemon, and Devidramon are missing Final evolutions too, with Shawjamon, Gokuwmon and Mephistomon (respectively) being the obvious choices. Crabmon only has Ebidramon, so Gusokumon and then maybe even Regalecusmon would be good. Gizamon only has Coelamon, so maybe Piranimon? The Cutemon line line is pretty useless and could do with a third form. Maybe Shoutmon deserves a few more forms too considering he was the mascot for one of the later seasons.

Ideally, I'd want every evolution line to end in either an Ultimate or a Mega, with some rare exceptions like Calumon that canonically don't Digivolve. Always down for suggestions. :)

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Yup! I want to round the Dex off to a nice clean 350. Leomon would be easy to start with, and he'd fit in well between Liollmon and Sabreleomon. Gwappamon, Apemon, and Devidramon are missing Final evolutions too, with Shawjamon, Gokuwmon and Mephistomon (respectively) being the obvious choices. Crabmon only has Ebidramon, so Gusokumon and then maybe even Regalecusmon would be good. Gizamon only has Coelamon, so maybe Piranimon? The Cutemon line line is pretty useless and could do with a third form. Maybe Shoutmon deserves a few more forms too considering he was the mascot for one of the later seasons.

Ideally, I'd want every evolution line to end in either an Ultimate or a Mega, with some rare exceptions like Calumon that canonically don't Digivolve. Always down for suggestions. :)

Awesome. Would absolutely love to see an ultimate for tyrannomon and dark tyrannomon!
    Maybe have tyrannomon turn into metal tyrannomon and have dark tyrannomon turn into rust tyrannomon.

Would also greatly love to have Impmon turn into baalmon (cause wizardmon is already in a line) and then after that baalmon could evolve into Beelzemon and after that Beelzemon Burst mode.

Would also love to see Kazemon and Zephyrmon (cause I'm a gigantic perv)

(Just suggestions of course and I'd appreciate the heck out of it, I'm also willing to look for sprites)

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Awesome. Would absolutely love to see an ultimate for tyrannomon and dark tyrannomon!
    Maybe have tyrannomon turn into metal tyrannomon and have dark tyrannomon turn into rust tyrannomon.

Would also greatly love to have Impmon turn into baalmon (cause wizardmon is already in a line) and then after that baalmon could evolve into Beelzemon and after that Beelzemon Burst mode.

Would also love to see Kazemon and Zephyrmon (cause I'm a gigantic perv)

(Just suggestions of course and I'd appreciate the heck out of it, I'm also willing to look for sprites)

I like your Tyranomon idea. If sprites are available I can try my best. Expanding upon the Impmon line would probably be pretty easy too.
    Kazemon is already in the game actually. Evolves from Tinkermon and becomes AncientKazemon in the end.

Anyway it'll be another month or two before I can work on it. Pretty swamped with finishing up my postgrad. After that I'll have more free time. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    The Cutemon line is pretty useless and could do with a third form. Maybe Shoutmon deserves a few more forms too considering he was the mascot for one of the later seasons.

I think Cutemon Line could get Kyukimon as a Ultimate. And Shoutmon could get Omni Shoutmon with a shiny Digiegg, Shoutmon X4 could be just a normal level up evolution.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    I like your Tyranomon idea. If sprites are available I can try my best. Expanding upon the Impmon line would probably be pretty easy too.
    Kazemon is already in the game actually. Evolves from Tinkermon and becomes AncientKazemon in the end.

Anyway it'll be another month or two before I can work on it. Pretty swamped with finishing up my postgrad. After that I'll have more free time. :)

Awesome. Thanks a lot for the considerations and no worries on the wait.
    Would very much appreciate the addition of baalmon into impmons line. I adore that line and the tyrannomon one. So it means a lot!

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2023
    I dove into Luis Escobar's "Digimon GBA Final Version" romhack after yours. There's no documentation, so I emailed him if he could send me what he used to make the game and how to process it. Turns out he's happy for anyone to take his work and do whatever with it. I used HackRomTools - G3HS to look at the base stats and learnsets of various mons. It has >850 mons and they're all sprited (not as well) so that might be a nice inspiration for you. In fact, I think he used that above RustTyrannomon sprite.

That being said, it made me notice a few other missing links that I don't think you've mentioned yet:
    Baboongamon+Gogmamon+Blastmon for Sunarizamon line
    Reptiledramon+Grademon for Dorumon line
    Sangloupmon+Matadormon+GranDracmon for Dracmon Line
    Butenmon+Chronomon HM for Hyokomon line
    Titamon to cap off Goblimon line
    Kimeramon+Millenniummon

Also, seconding that Gusokumon+Regalecusmon for Crabmon line would be a fun idea. They're cool mons.

Last edited:
    Back