• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Those of you that played both this and Nova Red, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Gen II

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • A Digimon hack of Gen IV

Votes: 48 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trdtrl

clear throat
Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2024
    just recently finished the game with team of:
    [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

spritework is amazing as usual, i love the addition of new mons and graphical changes too. making the game more diverse and enjoyable to play. some suggestions after playing tho:

1. Signature moves viability.
    i love signature moves because of how unique and specific they are. signature move tends to be strong and feels "familiar" with the mon itself, unfortunately a lot of signature moves in the game are just unviable and bad. they often just worse than normal pokemon moves like Pyro Blaster for example, 85BP-10PP with Flamethrower 90BP-15PP. people are just gonna replace Pyro Blaster with Flamethrower because FT was stronger and better longetivity with its high PP. If you wanna make signature move more "signature", make it better. Maybe Pyro Blater with 95BP for 15PP, or 100BP with 10PP. I really want to use the signature move with its unique animation that you created, sadly a lot of this signature just isn't worth the use (i'd be gladly to help you with signature move viability tho, i can help balance it out)

2. Digimon moveset.
    several mons have bad distribution in movepool. for example Kotemon line doesn't have a good move at all until Zanbamon lv50+. I used rock smash and cut until brick break tm in sootopolis, finally secret sword and sword dance at e4. it is so late, even secret sword isn't that great for late game moveset. its movepool also limited, no TMs, no coverage. but some other got a great movepool though. Wizardmon line, Guilmon line, Meicoomon line, etc have a great movepool. i just hoped that any other mons with bad movepool got the same treatment as guilom line, etc

3. Mega evolution mechanics...?
    i've seen documentation, Imperialdramon PM at lv100 and Omnimon at lv100 is just impossible. i have already beat ALL the trainer in hoenn and barely touch lv61 during e4. this is just a wild suggestion but, Imperialdramon PM and Omnimon can work as a mega evolution too. they are a strong form and can only be used once per battle, just like mega evolution

but in the end this is just a suggestion, it is up to you to decide. overall i really enjoyed the game, it is fun experience to play pokemon without pokemon. the absolute amazing sprites design, i really am lost of word. love the effort you put into visual experiences too. difficulty is great, gym leader, e4 level scaling is perfect, i love the challenge. just a minor cons at moveset and movepool.
    i'll be waiting for your next work!

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    just recently finished the game with team of:
    spritework is amazing as usual, i love the addition of new mons and graphical changes too. making the game more diverse and enjoyable to play. some suggestions after playing tho:

1. Signature moves viability.
    i love signature moves because of how unique and specific they are. signature move tends to be strong and feels "familiar" with the mon itself, unfortunately a lot of signature moves in the game are just unviable and bad. they often just worse than normal pokemon moves like Pyro Blaster for example, 85BP-10PP with Flamethrower 90BP-15PP. people are just gonna replace Pyro Blaster with Flamethrower because FT was stronger and better longetivity with its high PP. If you wanna make signature move more "signature", make it better. Maybe Pyro Blater with 95BP for 15PP, or 100BP with 10PP. I really want to use the signature move with its unique animation that you created, sadly a lot of this signature just isn't worth the use (i'd be gladly to help you with signature move viability tho, i can help balance it out)

2. Digimon moveset.
    several mons have bad distribution in movepool. for example Kotemon line doesn't have a good move at all until Zanbamon lv50+. I used rock smash and cut until brick break tm in sootopolis, finally secret sword and sword dance at e4. it is so late, even secret sword isn't that great for late game moveset. its movepool also limited, no TMs, no coverage. but some other got a great movepool though. Wizardmon line, Guilmon line, Meicoomon line, etc have a great movepool. i just hoped that any other mons with bad movepool got the same treatment as guilom line, etc

3. Mega evolution mechanics...?
    i've seen documentation, Imperialdramon PM at lv100 and Omnimon at lv100 is just impossible. i have already beat ALL the trainer in hoenn and barely touch lv61 during e4. this is just a wild suggestion but, Imperialdramon PM and Omnimon can work as a mega evolution too. they are a strong form and can only be used once per battle, just like mega evolution

but in the end this is just a suggestion, it is up to you to decide. overall i really enjoyed the game, it is fun experience to play pokemon without pokemon. the absolute amazing sprites design, i really am lost of word. love the effort you put into visual experiences too. difficulty is great, gym leader, e4 level scaling is perfect, i love the challenge. just a minor cons at moveset and movepool.
    i'll be waiting for your next work!

Sweet team dude! Yeah I used Wisemon for my firtst playtest also and he was the real MVP of my team. Reflect + Light Screen + Recover + Psychic is enough to set up and sweep almost anything.

Really appreciate the feedback. Very helpful and I'll take it into consideration patching the hack. In response to each one,

1. That's the thing with signature moves, right? It's like you want the Digimon to learn it as soon as they become the appropriate form, but if they evolve into that form kind of early then you don't want the move to be overpowered. Let's use the Pyro Sphere example. Guilmon evolves into Growlmon at level 30, so that will be around the fourth gym or so. Most Pokemon games aren't going to give you a move as powerful/more powerful than Flamethrower by that stage in the game. So while I want the signature moves to be useful when you first get them, I don't need them to be irreplaceable for the next fifteen levels until you Digivolve again.

2. The Kotemon line learns Revenge at lv. 26, Vital Throw at 41, Submission at 46. You're saying Rock Smash is better than all those? As for coverage, yeah the mons generally aren't as flexible with the moves they can learn from TMs and Move Tutours, but I felt the accessibility of infinite TMs would counterbalance that. I can consider giving the Digimon more diverse movepools if you think that would help make the game better.

3. Mega Evolution would certainly fit very well into the Digimon canon. But eh. Gameplay-wise, I'm not found of Mega Evolution mechanics tbh. Same goes for Dynamaxing and such. Just feels weird having this one super OP mon that can curbstomp everything without any drawbacks.
    As for Omnimon and Imperialdramon Paladin Mode, they're intended as bonus mons that no sane person would actually try and obtain. More Easter eggs than anything. That said, if you play the whole game with just Koromon (plus HM slaves), defeat every trainer in Hoenn, and never lose a battle (keep all your money), your WarGreymon will eventually end up at about level 75 or so. Then if you sell everything you don't need at the end of the game, you can buy enough Rare Candies to bump him up to around level 90. So obtaining an Omnimon from there isn't *too* far off. Theoretically possible if all the conditions are right and you're willing to put in some time.

Again thank you so much for the detailed feedback. Right now I'm making an update that gives all the signature moves their own custom animations (Ortz finally finished his animation editor for Emerald!!) If you have any idea on how to improve the signature moves and their viability, please don't hesitate to bounce some ideas around! And I'll happily include your name in the credits if you can help me brainstorm any ideas. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    hello! I just finished the game today and I quite liked the game, I congratulate you with the Sprites because they really look amazing. I still have some problems with the Game:
    1) The difficulty of the game: I think that the gym leaders have too much level compared to the other trainers and in my personal experience there were several times that I was 10 levels below the gym leaders.
    -This could be solved simply by increasing the levels of the other trainers according to the progression of the game.
    2): Variety of Attacks: The digimon don't learn much beyond attacks of their own type and I think it would be nice if they learned more attacks as they level up with a little more variety.
    3): Evolutionary Levels: I think that digimon evolve very late in general and it would be good to change the formula in which they evolve because for example some evolve every 15 levels and therefore a certain variety would not be bad.
    4) Habilities: In general, I think that most of them don't have interesting and/or useful Habilities, so it wouldn't hurt to swap them a bit, although I don't think this is a big problem.

Even so, I really enjoyed it and I hope you have a Really Good Day.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    hello! I just finished the game today and I quite liked the game, I congratulate you with the Sprites because they really look amazing. I still have some problems with the Game:
    1) The difficulty of the game: I think that the gym leaders have too much level compared to the other trainers and in my personal experience there were several times that I was 10 levels below the gym leaders.
    -This could be solved simply by increasing the levels of the other trainers according to the progression of the game.
    2): Variety of Attacks: The digimon don't learn much beyond attacks of their own type and I think it would be nice if they learned more attacks as they level up with a little more variety.
    3): Evolutionary Levels: I think that digimon evolve very late in general and it would be good to change the formula in which they evolve because for example some evolve every 15 levels and therefore a certain variety would not be bad.
    4) Habilities: In general, I think that most of them don't have interesting and/or useful Habilities, so it wouldn't hurt to swap them a bit, although I don't think this is a big problem.

Even so, I really enjoyed it and I hope you have a Really Good Day.

Thank you very much for the feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    You raise a good point about the variety of attacks. Fire mons usually learn fire moves, water mons usually just learn water moves, etc. In the latest update I scattered TMs everywhere to try and make the movepools more diverse, but maybe I should go into what some mons learn while leveling up to make the game more exciting.
    Thanks again!

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Thanks, but what about the other stats (HP/ATK/DEF/SPATK/SPDEF/SPE) rather than just the BSTs?

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    Hello! em... I don't know if this is a bug or what but MachGaogamon evolves into Chikurimon for some reason.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    Hi! I don't know if you are aware of these errors but I'll let you know just in case:
    1): Mkabuterimon, wizardmon, airdramon and Gaomon's digidex entry, states that they are in their Final Form when this is not the case.
    2): Frigimon's digidex entry says that it can still evolve when this is not the case.
    3) Syakomon and Sunmon do not have a description of their own.
    4): Kn.Chessmon, Queenchessmon and Kingchessmon do not have a designated ability.
    5) Angemon, Magna Angemon and Seraphimon have Cool type instead of fairy type.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    Hi! I don't know if you are aware of these errors but I'll let you know just in case:
    1): Mkabuterimon, wizardmon, airdramon and Gaomon's digidex entry, states that they are in their Final Form when this is not the case.
    2): Frigimon's digidex entry says that it can still evolve when this is not the case.
    3) Syakomon and Sunmon do not have a description of their own.
    4): Kn.Chessmon, Queenchessmon and Kingchessmon do not have a designated ability.
    5) Angemon, Magna Angemon and Seraphimon have Cool type instead of fairy type.

Thanks so much! I can't believe I made so many obvious mistakes! 😱
    Fixed now.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    Hi! These are some more I found:
    1): When you catch a monochromon it doesn't register in the digidex instead it registers M.Chimaira for some reason.
    2): Dive can't be forgotten because the game still considers it a Hm Move
    3): I don't know if this is a bug but Pumpmon evolves into Woodmon Basically an Ultimate evolves into a Champion which doesn't make much sense.
    Have a Good Day!

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    Hi! These are some more I found:
    1): When you catch a monochromon it doesn't register in the digidex instead it registers M.Chimaira for some reason.
    2): Dive can't be forgotten because the game still considers it a Hm Move
    3): I don't know if this is a bug but Pumpmon evolves into Woodmon Basically an Ultimate evolves into a Champion which doesn't make much sense.
    Have a Good Day!

Thanks again for the extensive playtesting! :)
    I can look into Monochromon.
    There's Move Deleters in every Pokemon Center to help you get ride of those pesky HM moves (like Dive). I know it's annoying but so far no one knows how to make HM moves forgettable in Emerald. At least no one has shared the secret online.
    Pumpkinmon is based off his anime appearance, where he was about as strong as a Rookie. :)

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    Hi! Thanks for answering xD
    The monochromon bug happened to me in 1.0.1 so I apologize for not confirming it, and I think changing Dive from HM to TM is a bit unnecessary since he acts like a HM anyway.
    Pumpmon is a rare case since it looks like a Rookie and it wouldn't look as weird as Adult either but it's an Ultimate so it's a pretty rare case, I would love it if it could evolve into Lord Pumpmon (https://wikimon.net/Noble_Pumpmon ), but I understand that it is not in the Game because of the Sprites.
    Have a Good Day!

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2023
    Gotta say that I'm absolutely loving this game! Especially all the cool signature moves you added! It's so cool how everyone is basically strong in their own way.

There are a couple weird things. One big one is Poyomon. For some reason it evolves with digieggs into metalmamemon (red digiegg I recall?), marinechimeramon (blue digiegg I recall?), and LEAFEON??? (green digiegg). Also, Metalmamemon (either evolved from Poyomon or Mamemon) seems to not be learning new moves?

Also, is Poyomon supposed to be the Ditto of these games? I realized that I'll need two to complete the dex and I was hoping to breed another one. I put it with Poyomon and it made another Poyomon instead of a Koromon. Is that what's supposed to happen? Also, is Koromon really in the Fiery Path? I've gone through about 100 encounters without seeing one. Maybe it's 1% encounter rate or something...

Anyway, this is super cool and fun. Really fresh and enjoying using all sorts of mons.

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    Gotta say that I'm absolutely loving this game! Especially all the cool signature moves you added! It's so cool how everyone is basically strong in their own way.

There are a couple weird things. One big one is Poyomon. For some reason it evolves with digieggs into metalmamemon (red digiegg I recall?), marinechimeramon (blue digiegg I recall?), and LEAFEON??? (green digiegg). Also, Metalmamemon (either evolved from Poyomon or Mamemon) seems to not be learning new moves?

Also, is Poyomon supposed to be the Ditto of these games? I realized that I'll need two to complete the dex and I was hoping to breed another one. I put it with Poyomon and it made another Poyomon instead of a Koromon. Is that what's supposed to happen? Also, is Koromon really in the Fiery Path? I've gone through about 100 encounters without seeing one. Maybe it's 1% encounter rate or something...

Anyway, this is super cool and fun. Really fresh and enjoying using all sorts of mons.

Thanks so much for the feedback! Glad you're enjoying it!
    I checked Poyomon's data and he has no evolution paths? So I don't know what's up with your version. Did you download it from here?

Oh and I haven't playtested the day care at all so I doubt breeding will work. All Digimon are catchable in the game naturally anyway. Yes, including Koromon in Fiery Path. But it's either 1% or 5%.

Feel free to post any other issues you run across! Oh and please post a screenshot of your Hall of Fame when you beat it! 😁

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2023
    [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Ya I downloaded the file from here. It's definitely a green digiegg that will do this.

I mean they did breed successfully together. It just outputted a Poyomon instead of a Koromon.

Last edited:
    Back