• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Those of you that played both this and Nova Red, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Gen II

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • A Digimon hack of Gen IV

Votes: 48 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ya I downloaded the file from here. It's definitely a green digiegg that will do this.

I mean they did breed successfully together. It just outputted a Poyomon instead of a Koromon.

Just playtested it myself and you're right. Truly bizarre!

And yet,
    [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Nothing I can do about it. 🤷🤷🤷
    Thanks for the catch. I'll add it to the Glitches section on the front page. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2023
    A few other things off the top of my head:

• After charging up on the first turn, the game will wait indefinitely for ice burn on its second turn and no animation will occur, so the move effectively freezes the game.
    • None of the recharge moves in the game seem to take a turn to recharge, including the old ones like blast burn for venusmon
    • Silphymon's Static Force doesn't actually lower the opponent's SpDef
    • Like Kn.Chessmon, Queenchessmon, and Kingchessmon previously mentioned, Kleptomon and the Millenniummons don't have any ability (although I understand that that might have been on purposed for the Millenniummons)
    • At lvl 60, the game asked me 4 times in a row if Silphymon wanted to learn brave bird. This has happened with one or two other mons.

Random things
    • Any chance we could get a list of the tm locations? I'm missing most of the latter half of them.
    • Made an egg with two regular parents, it won't hatch lol. Who knows what's going on. I'm tempted to try and hack the egg steps to 0 because I'm curious what's inside it, but I'm not sure if emerald codes like that would even work.
    • Not sure if this is on purpose, but I was kind of surprised that Volcanicdramon can't learn fly and that diaboromon can't learn sludge wave.
    • So, Dianamon only has Stall as its ability? Too bad...

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    A few other things off the top of my head:

• After charging up on the first turn, the game will wait indefinitely for ice burn on its second turn and no animation will occur, so the move effectively freezes the game.
    • None of the recharge moves in the game seem to take a turn to recharge, including the old ones like blast burn for venusmon
    • Silphymon's Static Force doesn't actually lower the opponent's SpDef
    • Like Kn.Chessmon, Queenchessmon, and Kingchessmon previously mentioned, Kleptomon and the Millenniummons don't have any ability (although I understand that that might have been on purposed for the Millenniummons)
    • At lvl 60, the game asked me 4 times in a row if Silphymon wanted to learn brave bird. This has happened with one or two other mons.

Random things
    • Any chance we could get a list of the tm locations? I'm missing most of the latter half of them.
    • Made an egg with two regular parents, it won't hatch lol. Who know's what's going on. I'm tempted to try and hack the egg steps to 0, but I'm not sure if emerald codes like that would even work.
    • Not sure if this is on purpose, but I was kind of surprised that Volcanicdramon can't learn fly and that diaboromon can't learn sludge wave.
    • So, Dianamon only has Stall as its ability? Too bad...

All fixed except for the recharge moves. It's a problem with the rom base and I don't have the hacking skill to fix it. :( Suggestions? Should I make them have recoil or just lower their base power?

You aren't supposed to breed in this game. I can remove one of the day care persons so other players aren't tempted to try it.

Also that's a hell of a team you got there. Two pseudo-legendaries plus a Legendary from the previous game. I'm surprised you had the patience to grind them up.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2023
    Eh it's fine with the recharge moves. Can treat it as a reward for hitting 60. Also, grinding's not so bad at 10x speed, autofire buttons, and lucky eggs from digitamamon.

More random stuff
    • The description for goddramon's plasma fists isn't in english.
    • The problems with miragegaogamon extend to the dex, where it lists an "exveemon" instead. Keep in mind that there is already an "x-veemon" in the dex after veemon, so I have no idea where this "exveemon" came from.
    • On an unrelated note, I'd recommend dialing up the levels of all the trainers (and maybe gym leaders?) in the game. I really like the high levels of the gym leaders and e4, but it gives a bit of whiplash compared to the trainer levels. I anticipate this being annoying to do though so no worries if it's too much of a pain.
    • Dumb question, but do the Mamemons actually get any moves benefiting from their iron fist ability?
    • Why does Puppetmon's signature move prevent switching when it already has shadow tag?

Now to find something else to play. Maybe another digimon romhack or Pokemon Wack with its 5000+ mons and 52 pokemon types (making sure to install the community sprites instead of the god awful MS paint ones in the game). Do you recommend any other digimon games? I already enjoyed Nova Red.

Will try a Nuzlocke when v1.0.3 comes out. And will keep thorough playtest notes that time.

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Eh it's fine with the recharge moves. Can treat it as a reward for hitting 60. Also, grinding's not so bad at 10x speed, autofire buttons, and lucky eggs from digitamamon.

More random stuff
    • The description for goddramon's plasma fists isn't in english.
    • The problems with miragegaogamon extend to the dex, where it lists an "exveemon" instead. Keep in mind that there is already an "x-veemon" in the dex after veemon, so I have no idea where this "exveemon" came from.
    • On an unrelated note, I'd recommend dialing up the levels of all the trainers (and maybe gym leaders?) in the game. I really like the high levels of the gym leaders and e4, but it gives a bit of whiplash compared to the trainer levels. I anticipate this being annoying to do though so no worries if it's too much of a pain.
    • Dumb question, but do the Mamemons actually get any moves benefiting from their iron fist ability?
    • Why does Puppetmon's signature move prevent switching when it already has shadow tag?

Now to find something else to play. Maybe another digimon romhack or Pokemon Wack with its 5000+ mons and 52 pokemon types (making sure to install the community sprites instead of the god awful MS paint ones in the game). Do you recommend any other digimon games? I already enjoyed Nova Red.

Will try a Nuzlocke when v1.0.3 comes out. And will keep thorough playtest notes that time.

Again, thank you very much for the extensive playtesting.

The enemy trainers have all been bumped up a bit already (+1 level to all mons that were originally leveled 10-19, +2 for all mons in their 20s, +3 for all in their 30s, and so on) but I was considering bumping them up a bit more. I got a little pushback on Nova Red's difficulty so I wanted to carefully gauge Emerald's reception.

I don't have the same problem with MirageGaogamon in my version? Strange.

Mamemon learns Bullet Punch, so there's that. :)

Haha Puppetmon has no signature move. Spirit Chain is just a strong Ghost move he learns late into his levels. But perhaps I can come up with a different ability for him and Nohemon to keep things from getting redundant.

I can't personally reccomend any other Digimon games at the moment. In seeing how other people responded to my games on YouTube and Twitch I stumbled across some other Digimon hacks here and there, but their choice of graphics (usually just compressing sprites or even pngs of official art) are a bit of a turn off to me.

Are you into Gen II hacks? I've been fooling around with some Gen II Digimon sprites lately. Still wondering if I should make a Digimon Crystal.

[COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2023
    I think the difficulty people face with these games is simply the first gym. When everything is bumped up, running into that wall when you can basically only use a few possible mons can be a bit overwhelming. At that point in the game you don't really have many options in terms of teambuilding. Maybe make the first gym leader not as bumped up as the rest to avoid people complaining?

Also just solo'd the e4 w/ zeedmilleniummon which was lol.

While I prefer to avoid bad graphics, if those games have enough diversity in mons and aren't complete messes. I'd be interested in any recs. Somehow 300+ mons wasn't enough for me XD.

Those sprites are very pretty, but I personally avoid gen 1/2 hacks since it's beyond my personal limit of acceptable graphics.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I think the difficulty people face with these games is simply the first gym. When everything is bumped up, running into that wall when you can basically only use a few possible mons can be a bit overwhelming. At that point in the game you don't really have many options in terms of teambuilding. Maybe make the first gym leader not as bumped up as the rest to avoid people complaining?

Also just solo'd the e4 w/ zeedmilleniummon which was lol.

While I prefer to avoid bad graphics, if those games have enough diversity in mons and aren't complete messes. I'd be interested in any recs. Somehow 300+ mons wasn't enough for me XD.

Those sprites are very pretty, but I personally avoid gen 1/2 hacks since it's beyond my personal limit of acceptable graphics.

Good to know! If you're hungry for more Digimon, I've heard Digimon Grey is good. But I've never played it. Happy hunting!

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2023
    I'm trying to play on OpenEmu emulator. For some reason, no information shows up on the Pokemon info tabs. I walked through your instructions and it works fine on VBA, just wondering what could cause the hiccup to OpenEmu?

Played Nova red on OpenEmu and loved it, looking forward to getting into this one!

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm trying to play on OpenEmu emulator. For some reason, no information shows up on the Pokemon info tabs. I walked through your instructions and it works fine on VBA, just wondering what could cause the hiccup to OpenEmu?

Played Nova red on OpenEmu and loved it, looking forward to getting into this one!

Yeah VBA is pretty reliable. I've never had a problem playing romhacks with VBA so maybe just stick with that. Oh, and happy to hear you enjoyed Nova Red! I consider Emerald Project to be the definitive version. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Well I finished it and I have to catch something wrong.
    A.Kazemon and that mon that evolves into Venusmon (Forgot name) also has the Cool type instead of Fairy.

And for some reason Silphymon's signature move is normal type? Not Psychic type? I never used Silphymon again after this. Also, Leech Fang is Normal which I believe it's meant to be Bug.

Also, I've tried to breed myself a second Poromon (Hawkmon Baby Stage) with the Daycare to save time but I instead got an egg that never hatches no matter how many steps I take.

Also, is WarMozaemon and Neptunemon supposed to have Zero catch rate? That's what I checked with G3T.

Some of the Lvl Up moveset feel unfair. Like I'm using a special attacking WingDramon and it doesn't learn Dragon Pulse. I'm sure there are others getting the short end of the movepool.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    Bruh.

Thanks for the heads-up! Fixed.

Pretty cool ROM hack so far, but I'm not sure why you responded with "Bruh" to that question. I'd like to know it as well. I know it's a lot of work but it helps determine what will be a special attacker or not, what is fast or not, etc.

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well I finished it and I have to catch something wrong.
    A.Kazemon and that mon that evolves into Venusmon (Forgot name) also has the Cool type instead of Fairy.

And for some reason Silphymon's signature move is normal type? Not Psychic type? I never used Silphymon again after this. Also, Leech Fang is Normal which I believe it's meant to be Bug.

Also, I've tried to breed myself a second Poromon (Hawkmon Baby Stage) with the Daycare to save time but I instead got an egg that never hatches no matter how many steps I take.

Also, is WarMozaemon and Neptunemon supposed to have Zero catch rate? That's what I checked with G3T.

Some of the Lvl Up moveset feel unfair. Like I'm using a special attacking WingDramon and it doesn't learn Dragon Pulse. I'm sure there are others getting the short end of the movepool.

Thanks very much! All fixed in the latest update.
    As for movepools, they generally lean towards what's most beneficial for the Digimon's stats. So if it has higher ATK than Sp.ATK it will usually learn physical moves. But I can diversify this by making TMs more accessible in a later update.
    Thanks for the feedback!

Pretty cool ROM hack so far, but I'm not sure why you responded with "Bruh" to that question. I'd like to know it as well. I know it's a lot of work but it helps determine what will be a special attacker or not, what is fast or not, etc.

Fair enough. I'll get to it eventually.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    This is a magnificent idea and I applaud your efforts. Seriously this is actually inspiring.
    As someone whose tried to dabble in romhacking I appreciate the hard work you put in and how responsive you've been with bug fixes and such.
    Keep it up.
    Going to start my journey tomorrow when I wake up. Will let you know if I run into anything and I will be sure to share this wicked romhack with my friends.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This is a magnificent idea and I applaud your efforts. Seriously this is actually inspiring.
    As someone whose tried to dabble in romhacking I appreciate the hard work you put in and how responsive you've been with bug fixes and such.
    Keep it up.
    Going to start my journey tomorrow when I wake up. Will let you know if I run into anything and I will be sure to share this wicked romhack with my friends.

Greatly appreciate it! 😁 Feel free to screenshot and post your Hall of Fame once you beat it; I like seeing different people's teams.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2023

Yeah VBA is pretty reliable. I've never had a problem playing romhacks with VBA so maybe just stick with that. Oh, and happy to hear you enjoyed Nova Red! I consider Emerald Project to be the definitive version. :)

Ya I gave up trying to play this on OpenEmu.

Back