• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Those of you that played both this and Nova Red, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Gen II

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • A Digimon hack of Gen IV

Votes: 48 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    This hack is great! I just beat Nova Red, and it's nice to see the additional mons and more completed lines in this game.

I've gotten 5 badges, and it seems like for the most part a ghost type can just auto win some encounters. Most normal and fighting type mons in random trainer battles have nothing to hit ghosts. Can just perish song or curse and they can't do anything to you.

I've noticed a couple of times when I pick up an item off the ground it seems like it gives me a TM that I already have. Not sure if this is a bug or not. Also, is there anywhere to view movesets? It's hard to know if I should be building a mon physical or special just based off of the BSTs on the excel doc.

NorseTLoki

Eilreicht Bass
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    I'm looking forward to trying this out.

As for suggestions on HMs..

I think the Atk boost should be for Strength and for Cut, an accuracy boost would make more sense. Rock Smash I would have made it able to go through barrier type moves and Dive would have made it always go first. Waterfall is the one I'm not too sure about. Maybe can be a move that gets stronger as you use it in the battle or something, but I really don't have a clue for that one.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2022
    Do you need specific stettings to run the game ? I tried opening the patched Rom but its Just a White screen do you have any type of help ?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is the glitched contest npc supposed to give you a pokeblock case (the left one)? She just says "Congratulations you've won!"

Sorry, who and where?

i think a good change for strength would be to make it completely unaffected by the type chart

So you can imagine Strength affecting a Ghost type? Idk...

This hack is great! I just beat Nova Red, and it's nice to see the additional mons and more completed lines in this game.

I've gotten 5 badges, and it seems like for the most part a ghost type can just auto win some encounters. Most normal and fighting type mons in random trainer battles have nothing to hit ghosts. Can just perish song or curse and they can't do anything to you.

I've noticed a couple of times when I pick up an item off the ground it seems like it gives me a TM that I already have. Not sure if this is a bug or not. Also, is there anywhere to view movesets? It's hard to know if I should be building a mon physical or special just based off of the BSTs on the excel doc.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. Indeed, but ghosts are few and far between and most players don't think to use them. ;)

Yeah the TMs are unlimited but you can collect more than one of them. Feel free to sell any surplus. Sorry, no documentation for everyone's movesets atm.

I'm looking forward to trying this out.

As for suggestions on HMs..

I think the Atk boost should be for Strength and for Cut, an accuracy boost would make more sense. Rock Smash I would have made it able to go through barrier type moves and Dive would have made it always go first. Waterfall is the one I'm not too sure about. Maybe can be a move that gets stronger as you use it in the battle or something, but I really don't have a clue for that one.

Hmm, actually I'll borrow from your idea and probably make Strength go through barriers, like Brick Break. Unfortunately I can't make moves like Dive, Dig, Fly, etc. priority moves for whatever reason. I tried it already with another custom move (Scorpiomon's "Sandy Ambush)") and it didn't work. :(

Do you need specific stettings to run the game ? I tried opening the patched Rom but its Just a White screen do you have any type of help ?

Check the System Requirements and Instruction sections. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Hello I enjoyed Digimon Nova Red and I'm excited for this hack! However I have a small question: Are all the Digimon from Nova Red in this? (As well as DNA digivolution)

I'm sure I will enjoy this one!

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello I enjoyed Digimon Nova Red and I'm excited for this hack! However I have a small question: Are all the Digimon from Nova Red in this? (As well as DNA digivolution)

I'm sure I will enjoy this one!

Emerald is the superior version in every way. 100+ new mons, 350 custom attacks, upgraded TM moves, etc. Enjoy! :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2022
    Sorry, who and where?

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. Indeed, but ghosts are few and far between and most players don't think to use them. ;)

Yeah the TMs are unlimited but you can collect more than one of them. Feel free to sell any surplus. Sorry, no documentation for everyone's movesets atm.

Hmm, actually I'll borrow from your idea and probably make Strength go through barriers, like Brick Break. Unfortunately I can't make moves like Dive, Dig, Fly, etc. priority moves for whatever reason. I tried it already with another custom move (Scorpiomon's "Sandy Ambush)") and it didn't work. :(

I use vba and i followed everything but the game Is Just a White screen

NorseTLoki

Eilreicht Bass
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Sorry, who and where?

Oh I see, you are welcome :)

Question, if I download the current version and then you upload a newer version later on. Will my save file still work with the newer version?

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Hello I was just wondering how do you obtain Omnimon and ImperialImperialdramon Paladin mode
    I'm assuming Wargreymon at lvl 100 for Omnimon and magnamon at lvl 100 for paladin?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh I see, you are welcome :)

Question, if I download the current version and then you upload a newer version later on. Will my save file still work with the newer version?

Sure thing. But this is basically the final version. I can't imagine making any new updates for a long time, and even then, probably just minor little changes.

Hello I was just wondering how do you obtain Omnimon and ImperialImperialdramon Paladin mode
    I'm assuming Wargreymon at lvl 100 for Omnimon and magnamon at lvl 100 for paladin?

Wargreymon at 100 will evolve in Omnimon. If you didn't choose Koromon, a MetalGarurumon will also evolve into Omnimon at 100. Imperialdramon Paladin Mode is Imperialdramon at lv 100. So for that you'll need to start with a Minomon. I'm considered making Magnamon evolve into Paladin Mode at lv 100 also, but I held off because that's not really canon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2023
    I've played through this game once and had a lot of fun, so I started a new file, but things have started to get quite strange. Stepping out of the Battle Tower warps me into the desert, Rich Boy Winston (upper Route 104) has the dialogue of Twin Mia (also upper Route 104), Wally's uncle now speaks in enchantment table, and worst of all, Wally's father won't give me HM03 (Surf) even though I just beat Norman, effectively softlocking me. This didn't happen in my copy of vanilla Emerald, nor my first playthrough of Digimon Emerald, so I honestly don't understand what's going on. Can somebody help me?

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2023
    The man speaking in enchantment table:
    [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've played through this game once and had a lot of fun, so I started a new file, but things have started to get quite strange. Stepping out of the Battle Tower warps me into the desert, Rich Boy Winston (upper Route 104) has the dialogue of Twin Mia (also upper Route 104), Wally's uncle now speaks in enchantment table, and worst of all, Wally's father won't give me HM03 (Surf) even though I just beat Norman, effectively softlocking me. This didn't happen in my copy of vanilla Emerald, nor my first playthrough of Digimon Emerald, so I honestly don't understand what's going on. Can somebody help me?

You're playing an outdated version.

Crimson Mode still isn't in yet, right?

To be honest, the sprite needs touching up. I'll get to it eventually, but I'm kind of on a break from hacking atm.

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • The Route 104 Rich Boy affects me too. I'm using mGBA and your download from page 1.

Also if I'm allowed to ask is there any way of seeing the mon's abilities? The attached excel sheet doesn't show them and there are a couple mons I really wish I could change the ability on if they had two (lookin' at you, Seadramon line)

Back