• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Completely dead?

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I only have my red cartridge left, and just recently I have actually started playing it again. :] After so long, it's kind of a refreshing simplicity to explore compared to the newer games. I enjoy it.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • I don't forget them, but I haven't played Blue since I got it 12 years ago...probably because I just played FireRed. So I am done with Kanto for a bit, and I'll get there soon again in SS. I usually go in cycles. After I am done playing SS, I will play my Emerald again. Then I'll play Black and White.

They sit in my games drawer, but they are definitely not dead!^^

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    My old Silver is dead, sitting in a pile of my GB games.

Sadly, I lost my Crystal only 2 years after having it. :(

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I still have my Silver... haven't played in in YEARS. I lost my Red a long time ago when I moved to a different city (probably threw it away by mistake. >_<)

Butterfree-Charizard

Bug Type Master
    Years
  • I still love my yellow team :)

Completely dead?
    Completely dead?
    Completely dead?
    Completely dead?
    Completely dead?
    Completely dead?

I will always love my classic games.

matt steel

some randomer...
    Years
  • i still play blue...it was and still is my favorite game
    however i cant play very far into my 2nd gen games as both are broken...

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    I lost Red and Blue but i still play Yellow every other day or so on the GBA SP. Its sort of a different experience seeing those gameboy games lit up in all its greenish yellowish glory.

I lost Silver or Crystal, I cant remember which one it was but i still have Gold but unfortunately it doesnt save anymore. I still pop it in sometimes cause I think the colors and the music are pretty awesome on the GBA sp.

Roxichu

Blastoff at the Speed of Light
    Years
  • I'll probably never play them again, but they will live forever in my mind and heart as the greatest Pokémon games ever. <3

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I'm still playing blue, gold, and crystal on my original gbc. lol

I barely even touch my ds anymore.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    I play thru them all the time. And I just bought all of them in Japanese, with a JP GBC.

I'm hoping to play all the Pokemon games at once and beat the e4 on each game at the same time. In each language if I can.

Troll lolololo. But yeah I'm serious.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    In honor of this thread, I dusted off my old blue to start all over ... then I couldn't find my gameboy. Instead, I've put a (slightly altered) Blue rom that I made a while back onto my DS's R4 card.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I sometimes get on a nostalgia kick and start playing the older games. I played RYS (the three games that still work) over the summer a bunch to make teams to finally beat Stadium and Stadium 2, but now that I've done that, completed my Pokedexes, etc, I'm not sure how frequently I'll use them. I have started a couple of new games on ROMs since getting home for Christmas break, but I'm afraid to do too much on the older games for fear that the batteries will die and kill all of my efforts.

I did get some new batteries for my games, though, so at some point I'd like to start repairing them (starting with G, C, and maybe B). I don't think that those games will ever be dead for me, but I probably won't play them as much as I used to.

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Crystal will never be dead to me! I'm doing a run through of it right now (mainly because my saved data was lost but the battery is fine... What?!?!?) I'm one battle away from defeating Team Rocket for good right now =P

ChariChu

~ take a drink from my hands
    Years
  • I had a Pokemon hiatus for a couple of years, so I abandoned my old games, but ever since my obsession came back, I've had urges to play my Yellow/Red/Blue games again. The thing is, I have no idea where they (and my Gameboy) went. IT'S A CATASTROPHE. I'm going to search my whole damn house before I resort to ROMs. I also have a Silver game which is indeed dead, because it won't save.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2011
    Well considering I got these games in the mail today for my first time in this specific adventure I'd have to say they can never completely die.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Mine....

Mine actually are, not not that bad as that I do not play with them anymore. Haven't got the Black and White yet, obviously, and I think my firered is lost in the black hole of mine. My room is neat, but when my brother and sister come, it is turned into a black hole.

Back