• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Completing the Pokédex - Did you ever manage it?

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2015
    I have on an emulator without cheating before, however never on my actual handheld. I could never find people to trade with. I might have had all the pokemon combined on all my cartridges but never on a single one. Emulators are much faster and I can trade with myself.

Years
    I complete them in the sense that I get as many as I can get without trading. I'm too socially inadept to communicate with someone and actually trade or attend an event ( I came into the Pokemon franchise a little after most)!

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    I never had anyone to really trade with that I saw often enough or who was willing to trade, so I wasn't able to ever complete the pokedex :/ Emerald was my favorite game though and I caught as many pokemon as I could find before I ended up selling the cartridge (which I now feel was a mistake)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I never had friends who were interested in trading, they just wanted to use their pokemon which they traded with each other to make OP to wreck me and my weaker not as good team without exclusives and hacks and whatnot. And I never had a second advance or SP.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    The closest I got was getting all Pokemon catchable in Sapphire. I think it was about 170-180 Pokemon in total? Unfortunately since the clock died, I'm now unable to repeat this, because I can't get Regice which you have to wait two minutes for...

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I have never completed the Pokedex in any of the games that I have played, so no. I had no means of trading as I used an emulator without the WiFi feature.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I've never managed to complete the pokedex on any generation so far. Mainly because I didn't have a second GBA at the time to trade the other pokemon on, for gen 3.

Years
    The closest I got to completing it was on Emerald when I caught 131, mainly through evolution and having Pokemon hold the EXP Share while battling the League over 9000 times.

Indifferent

So they say...
    Years
    I got it done in Sapphire and later Emerald with the help of some friends. It takes forever and it's honestly not worth it but, I just can't help trying every generation.

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
    Years
    I never completed it, never really tried either XD Usually, I just pick some Pokemon I like from and just roll with those.

Back