• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Computer Chit Chat

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    Kylie told me to put it here.

Discuss what you've been up to with your PC, seek advice on brands or post your specs.

I'm hoping to get a dual core CPU, new motherboard and a gig of RAM but it costs way too much. :(

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    lmao.

Avoid AOL. Crappiest service, connection, and obligations you'll ever get in an ISP.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    AOL = the suxx0rz

If you can get it, Verizon DSL is actually cheaper than most dialup services now. I'd have it right now, if they'd run the frickin DSL through here. ><

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    ...Netscape is an ISP now? o_o Ehh, someone must've found out that Firefox was originally Netscape.

Comcast... ehh, wouldn't know. I just know that AOL is crappy from constant complaints from various customers. Thankfully I've never been with them. ^_^

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Ehh I had AOL for about 7 years, and honestly I never had a problem with it o________o

It terms of dial up, AOL ISP is probably the best and it gives the customer the most coverage (i.e Free Anti Virus Software)

usami

biohazard
    Years
    Airashii said:
    lmao.

Avoid AOL. Crappiest service, connection, and obligations you'll ever get in an ISP.
    Crappy or not, it's still the prettiest... yeah.

Though it is extremly crappy, if you ever do get it, don't make a profile, people will send you IMs asking you to do adult things. <_<

Jesus Freak Josh

Years
    Farnsworth: Good news everyone, twenty years ago I tried to log onto AOL. And it just got through! WOOWEEE!!! We're online!

:p

We're on an ADSL Veridas TGP plan.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    I currently have SBCYahooDSL, it's ok but I just use it for the connection and e-mail, I don't use their browser.

What kind of download program do you guys have, if any. The main ones I see is Kazaa, LimeWire, Bearshare, and Kabos.

I have LimeWire, I think it's a good program.

Jesus Freak Josh

Years
    The only download program I really use is Synaptic for Linux. And technically it isn't one of those as it only downloads Linux stuff that makes like easy.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    I have a lovely Qwest DSL line ^__^

Wanna brag... lol
    Operating System: [WinXP Professional 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build #2600)] ? Uptime: [3w 5d 8h 53m 32s] ? Record Uptime: [3w 5d 8h 53m 32s set on Mon Dec 19 19:07:26 2005]

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    JKaizer said:
    Wanna brag... lol
    Operating System: [WinXP Professional 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build #2600)] ? Uptime: [3w 5d 8h 53m 32s] ? Record Uptime: [3w 5d 8h 53m 32s set on Mon Dec 19 19:07:26 2005]
    Assuming there aren't any more storms for at least another month, you're so going down. :3

mewthree: Tried satellite?

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Satellite's like $80 a month, plus $1000 for the equipment. I've heard it's not that great, either. =/

They're supposed to run DSL through here within the next two months, so hopefully it won't be too long. -_-

Bayleef

HARRY POTTER
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    Airashii said:
    ...Netscape is an ISP now? o_o Ehh, someone must've found out that Firefox was originally Netscape.

Comcast... ehh, wouldn't know. I just know that AOL is crappy from constant complaints from various customers. Thankfully I've never been with them. ^_^

Actually, I found that out about one week ago, so I know. =P

I have Comcast as my ISP as well, which It is pretty good, though my internet connect crashes every once in a while, as my connection is transferred into my room via wireless router, which has been all screwy lately. X3

Yameneko549

Eat hammer!
    Years
    Satellite... *shudders* I once used a satellite connection. The lag... It was like 56k and low-end DSL had a demon baby...

On another note, how many people here have have ever tried or currently use Linux? I do. I use Kubuntu, currently, though I currently have copies of Slackware, Mandriva, Knoppix, Kanotix, Ubuntu, Linspire, amaroK Live, Fedora, and PC-BSD. Yeah... >_>;

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    Airashii said:
    Assuming there aren't any more storms for at least another month, you're so going down. :3

mewthree: Tried satellite?
    Sure Tyler, whatever you say :P

Ah... need to kill FireFox again soon...

Back