• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Confirmed Future Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon News Dates

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    The last official trailer sort of hit us by surprise didn't it?

I know I was hit by surprise, especially since I stalk Serebii and the official Twitter account for Pokémon weekly and they said nothing about it.

Last year, we had a thread where we posted when we would get official news dates and it would prepare us for the coming date. I know we have the monthly prediction threads, but they're predictions and this is for confirmed dates for US/UM news and we all know how disappointed we were in July.

I made this thread so we can post confirmed news dates and speculate about the news we might be getting as the date approaches.

For example if we hear that September 13 is a confirmed US/UM news date through the grapevine, we can speculate on the coming news and speculate on what news we'll be getting.

September 29th seems to be a significant day according to some fans, with some toy reveals on Pokéshopper.com, they could herald some news.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I'm quietly screaming at you right now for not having some confirmed news dates, just so you know

Some advance warning of news dates would be nice, and it is typical industry practice to have announcements of announcements at this point.

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    The trailer at Worlds wasn't a surprise at all; a lot of people in the fandom were expecting it because it's been a tradition for the past few years to receive news of sorts at Worlds. The only people that it surprised were the ones who went on the extreme opposite end of the hype train and had an unreasonably pessimistic view of things because they were spoiled with monthly news of the original SM. People just need to chill and be patient.

Also, lack of news doesn't mean they're going to be horrible games. IIRC, there was a similar news pattern with Platinum and BW2, and those turned out to be some of the most popular games in their respective Generations.

Phyrrhic

It's not very effective...
    Years
    Also, lack of news doesn't mean they're going to be horrible games. IIRC, there was a similar news pattern with Platinum and BW2, and those turned out to be some of the most popular games in their respective Generations.

This is important to remember, news is only released as a marketing tool, if they don't release it its their loss, not ours.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    This is important to remember, news is only released as a marketing tool, if they don't release it its their loss, not ours.

I agree. And I have to say that their marketing so far has been aweful. My hype lvl is 0 atm since all we've gotten is a new Lycanroc form ( which wasn't so unique ) and a photo club...

Last edited:
    Years

You said it, Bliss! Just because these games didn't have as much news released in the lead-up doesn't stop them from being the best games of their generation.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I think it's also the fact that the news flow constantly gets compared to how Sun and Moon were marketed which happened to have plenty more trailers but with good reason. They were completely new games marking the beginning of a new generation whereas USM are follows up which means they probably don't need as many trailers as Sun and Moon did. USM are set in the same region having the same starters, Pokémon etc so there's already less content to be covered. Having said that though, I still feel at this point so far long we should have more than one official trailer to go by.

Years
    It is true that the first games of a new generation do have more trailers because it has more to cover, such as new Pokemon. With sequels/remakes/third versions, you don't have as much new content to go around which explains why there's been less trailers.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Yeah. We only got a few months before release so they should reveal some more info soon. They need to build the hype up a bit more so that fans are more likely to get USUM.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    BREAKING NEWS

A Nintendo Direct has been confirmed for September 13! So, that might bear good fruits, Arceus willing, we'll get some Pok?mon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon news. And to heighten our hype, excitement and hunger for news, Joe Merrick (Serebii) has a good feeling about it too.

Last edited:
    Years
    The direct is also said to cover the games coming out in the next couple of months. The direct that gave us the info on Alolan Rattata and the exclusive Z-moves covered 3DS games coming out in both 2016 and 2017. The major 3DS games that will be coming out in the next few months are Metroid: Samus Returns, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, and Pok?mon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

blue

gucci
    Years
    It's said that this Direct will be covering both Switch and 3DS games, so it's definitely likely US/UM coverage will be there.

That's what I'm thinking. Of all the upcoming games for the 3DS, USUM is by far the biggest title to release in the next couple of months so I really can't see why they wouldn't cover it in a Direct so close to the release date.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I'd expect at least a few minutes. Maybe a new trailer and please give us confirmation if we are getting at least new Alolan Pokemon and hopefully not more Kanto ones. My hopes of the game are riding on if we get new Alolan Pokemon or not. It is hard to get excited about second/third versions. Never have I been hyped for them until BW2 because we had a continuation of BW. I have never played Platinum so I can't say much about it.

Anyways, has Corocoro started to leak yet? Haven't see anything about it, although it probably won't have anything big. However, if we get anything in Corocoro, that might be what we get in the Direct.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Don't count on corocoro or direct to have USUM news. We probably have another month of nothing. Pokken tournament is likely getting focus.

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm not expecting much in terms of Pok?mon news. It's not guaranteed we'll even be getting USM news at all.

Anyways, has Corocoro started to leak yet? Haven't see anything about it, although it probably won't have anything big. However, if we get anything in Corocoro, that might be what we get in the Direct.
    Not yet. It'll probably leak within the next week or two.

Back