• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Connections: New Dawn (M) (OOC)

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    If nobody posts soon me and Gibbs are just gonna post again, I think.

Also, just finished re-watching Kokoro Connect to get in the mood for this RP. ^.^ Gotta love Gotou.

Years
    Sorry if I'm taking for ever
    I'm holding up my own RP :')

It's just inconvenient to try and write an RP post right now.
    It is definitely coming though!

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    Well, I suppose at least most people've posted.

The ice is so thick though...

Heartseed pls help!

Years
    Guys, if you have not posted already please do so.
    I'll have my next post up over the next few days.

I want to get on to Heartseed appearing but I can't really do that.
    On top of that, Xilfer is going to temporarily fill Nauje's spot as the co-GM until he reappears.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    Juuust a little late... got a little crazy in the history, like I normally do aha.

Name: Leonard "Lee" Shawn

Appearance: Clean shaved face, neatly gelled dark chocolate hair mixed with the aroma of rich cologne - Lee looks and smells royalty, or at least rich, from the outside. He stands at 5'11", a slight taller than his peers but not by much, and his face contain a pair of baby blue eyes and his ears are a little bigger than normal. Lee isn't exactly a brute but he isn't weak either, with muscles all around that aren't bulging but definitely noticeable. Not much else can be said about his appearance, though whenever he is out by himself Lee likes to scuff his hair a little to look messier and less "posh".

Clothing-wise Lee's attire is nothing short of designer. Nothing he wears is cheap at all; from expensive polo tops to an expensive pair of socks due to his rich parents Lee is spoilt with being able to wear literally whatever he wants. Despite this though due to not being fashionable at all Lee dresses simple, opting to just wear a simple top, jeans and shoes whenever his out by himself. However whenever in special occasions his mum chooses his clothes personally to make sure Lee looks the part on wherever he was going.

Personality: Lee's found it hard to make friends his whole life. His personality sorta all over the place; he tries to talk nicely but his dialogue can come out awkward, and he can be easily infuriated by others if insulted. Small talk has always been a problem for him too, however if talking about anything he likes Lee can go on for hours on point. He's very passionate at the small interests he has.

If anyone gives him time and patience Lee can become easily heavily attached with that person, though his caring can lead him to be carelessness, as he would be prepared to literally do anything for that person. He cherishes the idea of friendship but he has yet to really experience that properly, which can be used to explain his weird clinginess to the people he cares about.

History: Lee Barn was born to a young couple through an unplanned pregnancy. They had initially considered abortion, but decided to keep the baby. At first both parents tried their hardest to raise the baby properly - the dad would work at a local mechanic's to supply for his family, while the mum would look after Lee alone at home. They all gained a lot of benefits from the government due to their young age, and Lee's future seemed alright even though he was being raised in a lowly class.

Due to his and his family's situation Lee and his parents looked very scrappy and poor, which they were. They bought the cheapest clothes possible from the cheapest clothing store, and this was evident when Lee first entered primary school. At first he was kinda popular among his peers - he was a nuisance to his teachers, and would often pull jokes in class to make his friends laugh. But after a few months passed his friends started to ignore him all of a sudden, and wouldn't respond to his antics at all. Lee was confused on why - there was no way at such a young age he would realise people "like him" couldn't possibly mix in with the "normal" kids. As years passed by Lee grew restless from being a confused loner and so one day took out all his rage on a kid who had been taunting him just that instance, calling him 'poor' and 'smelly'. The release felt like bliss to Lee; it felt amazing for him to finally let out years of angst and hatred to all the kids who had ignored him on whatever they did. Nevertheless the action obviously had consequences and Lee was suspended from coming in for weeks.

Things at home wasn't great either, with Lee's dad losing his job due to the owner of the mechanic's closing the place down because of the lack of customers. His lack of academic grades and confidence meant that Lee's dad didn't really get a job instantly, and after a short time his family was evicted from their apartment to a council, government-owned flat. It was half as big as their old flat, and if to just make matters worse Lee's dad turned to alcohol for a cheap escape from reality. Lee's mum grew depressed from their situation and one day ran away without any notice to either her son or her partner. With all this happening Lee was just entering high school.

High school was a messed up period in Lee's life. His relationship with his father was unstable, who though had finally got another job was still a alcoholic (and a bigger one at that, too) and wasted much of his money on drinks than anything else. When not ignoring each other's presence at home they would be constantly arguing about pointless topics which meant nothing at all. They never mentioned Lee's mum in any of their arguments, however.

At school Lee started out as a loner, though that was through his own fault; he didn't bother talking to anyone as he felt the same thing would happen to him as it did in primary school. After some time some of the popular kids mocked Lee when he walked by, which led an angry Lee to throw a punch, which grew to become a fight between him and three other guys. Obviously at a disadvantage Lee found himself on the ground pretty quickly and he was only set free when a passing teacher managed to stop the ruckus from going any longer. After this incident Lee avoided others even more, and after a while only came to school periodically.

In his last year at high school Lee came home one day to find his father sitting in the sofa, asleep. At first Lee was about to just walk past with a curse but he noticed a note on his dad's hand. Reading it his mind crumbled word after word, and before he could read till the end Lee quickly dialed 999 in his mobile phone and hoped that he could somehow still save his suicidal father before it was too late.

Unfortunately, it was too late. Lee's dad had just lost yet another job, and with years of depression ever since his girlfriend left him and his broken relationship with his only son he felt it was right to end his life.

Obviously Lee was distraught by this - though he had hated his father for his behaviour around him and his alcoholic addiction it was still his father, and after this he didn't really have anyone to turn to. Social services didn't wait around long to find Lee foster parents and after only a week Lee was offered a room and care from a rich couple who lived in London. Surprised by the offer and the prospect to live a rich lifestyle, Lee accepted and after all the paperwork was done a train ticket was sent to him to come to his new home.

Lee's new parents knew what they were doing. They already had two sons in their late teens, and they had always liked the idea of turning a "lowly class brat" to a "well-respected citizen", and after hearing Lee's tragic past they thought he was perfect for the role. For Lee, it was a chance for him to rebuild his life from the ground-up - ditch the past and just look forward to his future. Unfortunately for him though, the plans for his new life was slightly different to what he would of liked.

Lee's new family had the surname Shawn, and the first thing which Lee was given was that. In addition his name was extended to one it's full forms Leonard, and over the next year Lee was thought how to do everything properly - how to eat properly, how to dress properly, how to walk properly, how to talk properly. He was homeschooled too, with one tutor teaching him all of his subjects. It was a huge change for Lee, who after living his whole life in rock bottom couldn't cope with his new surroundings as fast as his new parents had hoped. In addition his new brothers thought nothing of him too, and largely just ignored him. They knew Lee was just an experiment, and who messes with a lab rat anyway?

A year passed by. Lee hadn't made much progress at all, and his current parents reconsidered their plan on how they could reform their new son into becoming what they wanted him to be. They decided that they couldn't turn him into one of "them", and so after much discussions decided that they would reform Lee in a different angle, one which would make him at least a normal everyday Londoner. And the first step was the New Dawn program.

RP Sample: Monster Art Online.

Years
    Welcome back Nauje, glad you've gotten everything sorted.
    Looking forward to your posts.

Xilfer thanks for filling in for Nauje whilst he was away.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
    My apologies for taking so long to say anything at all. After a lot of thinking I've decided to leave this rp. Sorry for the inconvenience GP and for making yall wait.

Years
    No worries Ozzy, thanks for letting us know and not leaving us hanging.
    It's a shame to see you go, but I figure I'll be in another RP with you soon enough.

I guess we have a spot open, there you Chali you stalker.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
    Years
    Finished, maybe? Let me know if it's too vague and stuff, I'd normally do something lengthier, but I felt you could get a nice grasp on Parker even at this length~

[SIZE="+3"]Parker José Espinoza | Male | 18 y/o[/SIZE]

"Give a little, get a lot ~"

Theme Song

the APPEARANCE
    He's beautiful, like diamonds in the sky~

For starters, he has an oval face, the exception to thus form being his pronounced chin. His skin was, originally, a light and peachy one, but turned into a slightly-brown one with the years. His face is prone to have many pimples and imperfections of the like, and while it may not always be a pleasant sight, they don't seem to go away in spite of how hard he tries. His hair is a light-blonde and is disposed off in what he calls a "who the cluck even has time to brush?" hairstyle. As one could assume, his hair is a violent mess that twists, twirls, ascends and descends in any and all directions, and he's not willing to change his incredibly elaborated style of hair anytime soon, so don't even suggest it. his eyes are of a considerable size, slightly narrow at that, and the color of hazelnuts. His nose is a bit spiky, and is easily the most noticeable trait of his face, due to its, err, "special size".

He has medium height, and a build between being built and plump. He stands at 5'7 ft., and weights 156 lbs, respectively. Average on any other thing, really. Now, onto his clothing: He is quite simple in this department, so long as we don't talk about his accessories (seriously man). Most of the time he simply favor a combo of cuffed jeans (dark colors, and nothing but green, blue or red) and shirts of pastel colors (regardless of colors). On occasion he will wear a leather jacket, sleeveless, mind you, and of a black color. If it's cold he has a dark violet down jacket he likes to use, in conjunction to a simple but long white scarf.

One thing to note is his exaggerate use of accessories. Don't know what I'm talking about? Well, how about this for reference:

Ear expansions? Yes.
    Glittery belts? Oh, yes please.
    Rings and wristbands? Oh hell yes (I may also add they're all very colorful at that).
    Weird red shoes with some rollerblades of weird sorts under them for god know what reason? Oh my god hell freaking yes!​

"Women and men we are the same
    but love for love must be a game"

the PERSONALITY
    He's fun [citation required]!

He's okay, I guess. A joyful fellow, easy-going and laid-back, relaxed and whatnot. Rather excessively sometimes, actually, but tolerable on most circumstances. Light-hearted, and very perceptive of endeavors, quirks and what they often represent. He's a book-person, actually, but most of his readings are done in Spanish for better understanding. He's a really sociable fellow, and never afraid of starting a conversation with some random passerby walking down the street. He has many friends, as one could assume, but doesn't really get attached to people with ease. He doesn't have any true ;best friends' even tho he, apparently, is the best friend of several peeps. As it just so happens he loves to debate, whether it's just about which song is better or even about complex subjects such as the immortality of the crab or the letter K.

While he is gleeful as someone can come, he is very unfocused and tends to drift off most of the time, in most occasions. His attention span is very short, in spite of his somewhat decent memory. When he drifts off, he just goes to his 'happy place', filled with puppies, loads of glossy pop songs and, most importantly, nobody but him. Not because of some sad incident that makes him want to be alone, but rather because he's just that narcissistic, and also self-centered. He tends to put his safety and image above that of everyone else, and is rather selfish while doing so. He's sometimes a bit unethical, and is not afraid to blatantly speak the truth on anything, whether it comes off as insulting is of few to none of his concern, and chances are he didn't even notice he offended someone to begin with.

He is, sometimes, a bit manipulative. He can easily take a sentence of what you said and turn it against you. Or he may just threaten you to do what he wants you to. And he does have some influence on school, so people just tend to watch what they say around him. He gets mad with ease, sadly, as he does have a bit of an issue with his anger. And he also likes to punch stuff, all stuff, any kind of stuff.

He loves the mainstream stuff, really. He watches the new superhero movies, goes to parties, plays sports and listens to the 'hip' artists and their bland pop songs. Call him whatever you want, just don't call him maybe.

Lastly, and while he rarely shows so, he's a bit of a romantic. A lot of a romantic. Totes. And no, it doesn't always have to be towards a girl #nolabels​

"We give and take a little more
    eternal game of tug and war"

the HISTORY
    It was a dark and stormy night...

Parker was born to a wealthy couple of recently married lovers. British father, Hispanic mother. The weeding was a big one filled with all their acquaintances and family, and both settled on a very spacious house in the outskirts of Beati. It was a nice simple life filled with simple things such as personal cooks, creme brûlée, helicopters and ginourmous TV screens. He was a happy kid, living a happy life, although mostly being ignored by his father and mother, who were always in some trip to constantly rekindle their love to each other or just too tired to spends time with him while they were at home. Parker grew with many babysitters around him, and studied at home with them, so he never really had stuff to do other than studying or just chit chatting with whichever babysitter was in turn at the time.

Granted, spending such few time with his parents, he never really minded their eventual divorce much. He did grow a bit relentless towards his Dad and his sudden cheating on his mother just because "he was getting bored of the same thing over and over again." While Parker's mother gained full custody of him, it was his father who got to keep the money, the house and pretty much everything the couple shared. The spacious house, babysitters and luxury were all traded with both motel rooms, his grandparent's house and , eventually, a very, very small house with just two rooms, one bathroom and a kitchen/living room. During this period of oscillating between homes, Parker had few to no time to keep studying at home, and eventually had to study in a more proper school, eventually failing enough times for him to be a Sophomore at the late age of 18. Everything is quite uneventful during this period tho. Everything except the fact he suddenly shifted from being a serious person to a care-free bully of sorts. And while he won't reckon it, it's all probably to gather attention from his constantly-depressed, now alcoholic mother. his mother now works a double-shift, and spends most of the money she earns on painkillers, so Parker himself tends to jump around part-time jobs to sustain himself and his mother to an extent, from walking-dogs to testing medicaments and, currently, working as a clerk in a simple, small mart. His admittance of having issues with anger and his family were only given to spends some time outside home in the New Dawn program, as he prefers being outside and can do so without being judged by joining the Program.​

"Cause all my life i've been controlled
    you can't have peace without a war"

some other TIDBITS
    Fun fact: he may or may not be a potato! O:

As a matter of fact, Parker is very fluent in Spanish, but his English is merely... decent, at best. He has a heavy accent, particularly when pronouncing the letter 'r', and tends to mispronounce several words in English - although he can still make himself somewhat clear -. He also tends to stop amidst any a sentence when speaking English, as he thinks of a certain word to use. An indicator of this will be his use of sounds such as "err", or "umm" when being talked to. Also, nobody makes him of him for this without getting into a nice chat with his fists <:

"A human inability
    doesn't mean that i am weak"

Last edited:
    Back