• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Conservative bashes Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    It looks like a lame attempt at being like The Onion. Not legit.

Not saying there aren't overly religious people who are against Pokemon because of "evolution", just that this isn't one of those instances

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I agree with the above. At first it might've been believable, like.. towards the start. Though, the writer claims to have researched Pokemon, and yet gets everything about it incorrect. Also misspells the word 'Pokemon', so that it's different each time. Doesn't sound like an educated adult.. sounds like a troll. xD;

Though, there are people who really do feel that way towards Pokemon, it's sad, really.

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    This website is either satire or full of schizophrenic right-wing nutjobs.

Nameless.

Though, there are people who really do feel that way towards Pokemon, it's sad, really.
    ^ This.

It was really funny to read, that's for sure. XD
    I didn't take it seriously even before I knew it was all one big troll. Though there are people who will rip apart Pokemon in every sense in attempts to relate it to religious concepts, for whatever reason, that page was just screaming "troll" the whole time. :D

I agree with the Muslim point too. It wasn't very funny there. Kind of offensive, even if the whole page was just a joke.
    You gotta be careful how you joke, lady. D;

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jan 25, 2013
    What I find funny is this person talking about Caterpie evolving into Metapod and saying it's wrong. Uhh...That's what they do, and then turn into butterflys. If he's okay with showing his niece nature this is no different.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    i did not know that this site trashes conservatives.... and I'm relatively new to this place,
    I'm screwed
    Well, conservatives and organized religion. Welcome to PC, enjoy your stay. :P
    I'm in the same boat. You can't let it bother you too much.

But yeah. The real Pokemon psycho-hate has basically died off, as far as I know. All that's left are trolls and ten-year-old pages of text.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    Just so everyone knows, not all Conservatives are like this. You can tell she is one of those retards who think you can't even enjoy a little fiction. Honestly you can tell all of this is a lie to make people like her. She didn't do her research and she doesn't even understand Pokemon is Japanese. The thinks the "Choo" (as she says) means a sneeze... She thinks when the kids got seizures in Japan is was demonic beings attacking them!

Proof she didn't do her research.

Metapod: is one of the rarest and most powerful Pokemons. It is surely no coincidence that it is crescent shaped, like the crescent-moon the Muslims worship. This is burka-clad pokeman is an advert for children to turn away from Jesus Christ, as the player who can evolve the most Pokemons into Islamofascist Metapods is at an advantage.

She thinks Pokemon is Hentai!

An image of Picachu "Evolving", from the Pokemon TV Hentai series. Whe this show was first broadcast in Japan, many kids had violent convulsions. The Pokemon-people said it was just "epilepsy", but knowing what I know now about this show I suspect that it was demonic posession.
    Look at this comment.

Spoiler:

This lady puts out a bad name for Republicans and Christians.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    It's been said before, but people seem to be missing the fact that this is satire (it's easy to miss if you just skim the article, perhaps a mod could edit the title?). It's also an article that almost 5 years old.

Okay, this is proof EVERY US citizen on PC should be a liberal.

I completely disagree with this. Even if this article were not satire, Simply because one Conservative is a nutcase does not mean all of them are. There are plenty of moronic people on all parts of the political spectrum.

Last edited:
    Years
    Upon further inspection, this thread is about a story nearly 5 years old, and it's kinda pointless after the fact. And this thread is gutwrenchingly stupid. So I'll close this now.

*Locked*

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back