• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Would you like a Pokemon Sun and Moon starter as a guest customer?

• Total voters

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I'm back. I take it not much happened? I'll check the IC soon.

WTF fox, crotch areas are one of my triggers

>Amaryllis' mom

I think we're all looking forward to Errol's mom. Of course Rina's dad is coming...

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • I'm back. I take it not much happened? I'll check the IC soon.

WTF fox, crotch areas are one of my triggers

>Amaryllis' mom

I think we're all looking forward to Errol's mom. Of course Rina's dad is coming...

Not much, no. But do expect some more posts, as per usual. Rina has gotten herself in troooouuuble~

What do you imagine Amaryllis' mom is like? I should make a poll, rofl

Oh great. Rina's father. I can only imagine what he's like. Is he even a Chimecho? Actually, don't even tell me.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Oh god, what did she doooo

I'm probably gonna switch up my posting format. It's looking a little clunky.

No he's not a Chimecho, dummy

Jauntier

Years
  • Oh god, what did she doooo

I'm probably gonna switch up my posting format. It's looking a little clunky.

No he's not a Chimecho, dummy

Rina fled from Goro. Unless Goro tells you you can leave, you just don't leave. Way to look suspicious, Rina, you should never run from authority~

Uh oh, A SURPRISE~

Speaking of surprises, this is something only Disclosed and Xtrashy will understand, but I'm bringing back OG & Crew. They were just too much fun as a trio for me to not represent them again. They, though, will appear much, much, much later.

I'll also have a band of Ghosts visit as a counterpart group to Spirited Away at the same time. They have a bad history with Castiel--or, more accurately, one of them does, their "leader." Meeting them will be exciting, I think. This will be during one of the biggest missions before the utter downfall of all logistics and sanity, so expect hardcore shenanigans from the Ghosties during that time.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Hm, it sounds you have a lot planned. That kind of enthusiasm really helps with making rps last. The only time I really feel this sort of enthusiasm a lot from a GM is really from SV. It's sort of the key to making an rp last for as long as the GM wants it to last. Keep a hold on that spirit, Jaunt! The more you hold onto it and spread it to us, the more rp we can continue to have fun in.

Jauntier

Years
  • Hm, it sounds you have a lot planned. That kind of enthusiasm really helps with making rps last. The only time I really feel this sort of enthusiasm a lot from a GM is really from SV. It's sort of the key to making an rp last for as long as the GM wants it to last. Keep a hold on that spirit, Jaunt! The more you hold onto it and spread it to us, the more rp we can continue to have fun in.

Haha! Thank you, I appreciate it.

I have everything planned out in my notes. The only thing I'm preoccupied with right now is rearranging and adding more customers to the roster in a way that fills it up with interesting interactions and makes it so that it feels busy IC, but not so much that it would be overwhelming for me to control, since I did assert that I will be behind most NPC interactions. That isn't to say you all can't suggest some NPCs once I feel I've exhausted my reach. The type of customers and visitors you want to see will spur you on to meet them, of course, like the "Mom Brigade", for example.

A lot of GMs throw out an idea and have an end in mind, but they don't set themselves short-term goals for the group to go by, pacing everyone along until the end. I prefer having everything planned so we don't aimlessly meander out and about until suddenly someone decides to get back on track, you know?

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    OG! OG, OG, OG! OG!! My babies are home...!

Why's it always the good girls that get it hard. But at least she didn't shoot at the sheriff, right?

Man, I am so ready for what's in store for Cornered. So many awesome opportunities for development and flat-out fun; well done so far, Jaune-ier. I think Rina has enough potential to head in an interesting direction.

What do you guys think about how I've been handling and writing her so far?

Honestly, we need more GMs with this sort of initiative, here and other places.

Jauntier

Years
  • OG! OG, OG, OG! OG!! My babies are home...!

Why's it always the good girls that get it hard. But at least she didn't shoot at the sheriff, right?

Man, I am so ready for what's in store for Cornered. So many awesome opportunities for development and flat-out fun; well done so far, Jaune-ier. I think Rina has enough potential to head in an interesting direction.

What do you guys think about how I've been handling and writing her so far?

Honestly, we need more GMs with this sort of initiative, here and other places.

Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)
    "But what it do, fam?"

Rina wanted Amaryllis' mane to catch on fire. I wouldn't call her a "good" girl.

Graci, graci, I appreciate it. I only want the best for those under my wing.

I think what I like about Rina was the very clear initial attempt to be the "favorite" employee by going out of her way to do a good deed, and the second that was disregarded by Amaryllis, she just started going downhill as a vengeful, paranoid, and somewhat homicidal employee who can't even articulate her own feelings because she's foreign.

I also like the idea that her native language, as a Chimecho, is that she speaks in seven different cries, as per a PokeDex entry. I think I should take note of that more, I've been glazing over it, but whenever one of my characters is in ear shot, they should make mention of that dreaded chiming.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    What it do, bae <3

It was a knee jerk reaction.

I thought that read "under my wig" and I was about to be like, "I always knew your hair was fake".

Rofl, basically. I hope I'm not going over-the-top with her wind chime angst so that it's unfitting. But Rina is good-girl-gone-bad. Notice her.

I do imagine her voice would be echo-y with the potential to be really loud or barely audible.

Chimecho is such a Sound-based Pokemon, right with the Whismur line and Chatot. A Sound type might be a good idea in the future, though it might screw somewhat with the established type chart.

Jauntier

Years
  • What it do, bae <3

It was a knee jerk reaction.

I thought that read "under my wig" and I was about to be like, "I always knew your hair was fake".

Rofl, basically. I hope I'm not going over-the-top with her wind chime angst so that it's unfitting. But Rina is good-girl-gone-bad. Notice her.

I do imagine her voice would be echo-y with the potential to be really loud or barely audible.

Chimecho is such a Sound-based Pokemon, right with the Whismur line and Chatot. A Sound type might be a good idea in the future, though it might screw somewhat with the established type chart.

Knowing English words like "repression" and "cyanide" as examples of understanding the language is kind of not a good girl thing to know down pat.

Just because my hair is impeccable doesn't mean it's a toupee.

I think it's fine. I like violent mood swings anyway, as you'll see with the Ghosties leader. I think their gang name will be "The Ghoulies". They only come out at night, hehee.

I think Sound-type is as feasible as the Light-type hype when Dark was introduced. Sound-based moves are an unspoken specification, like if a physical move is also a contact move. Though usually you can tell.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Name them "The Freaks" 'cause they come out at night.

The cool and composed Jauntier, a fan of characters with violent mood swings!?

The thing with the Sound type is the ability Soundproof would probably render most of those moves ineffective on some Pokemon and that would just be obnoxious.

Jauntier

Years
  • Name them "The Freaks" 'cause they come out at night.

The cool and composed Jauntier, a fan of characters with violent mood swings!?

The thing with the Sound type is the ability Soundproof would probably render most of those moves ineffective on some Pokemon and that would just be obnoxious.

New name: THE EXOTYKX

Let me be someone I'm not for once: a borderline psychopath.

That too. I'm glad you realized your own tragic mistake. If only the world did that more often.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Did I tell you I actually wrote a parody song of "The Freaks Come Out At Night" called "The Ghosts Come Out At Night", and it was about how the Ghost Pokemon seemed scary but were actually pretty nice and harmless.

>someone i'm not
    KK.

America should fully realize the mistake that is Trump. #wakeupUS #bringbackobama #BLM

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Did I tell you I actually wrote a parody song of "The Freaks Come Out At Night" called "The Ghosts Come Out At Night", and it was about how the Ghost Pokemon seemed scary but were actually pretty nice and harmless.

Heh, I actually remember a story I wrote a while back about ghost types in the woods. It was the same sort of story there, except that all other mon would run away and end up killing themselves by accidentally running off of cliffs, or into more dangerous wildlife with the ghosts being all confused by the behavior.

But yeah, ghosts are usually able to stir up all sorts of mischief, even if they don't meant to.

Jauntier

Years
  • Did I tell you I actually wrote a parody song of "The Freaks Come Out At Night" called "The Ghosts Come Out At Night", and it was about how the Ghost Pokemon seemed scary but were actually pretty nice and harmless.

>someone i'm not
    KK.

America should fully realize the mistake that is Trump. #wakeupUS #bringbackobama #BLM

Was this during your Kirby phase as a child?

I PROMISE I'M NOT A FRICKIN PSycHOOOOOOOO YEAHAHAHAHAAAA

Mackerelliavelli the Magikarp or whatever, the business tycoon that will be visiting the shops at one of the worst hours, will now officially be based off of Trump. His dorsal fin will be all floppy like a toupee and everything. Everyone will love him. Everyone.

Heh, I actually remember a story I wrote a while back about ghost types in the woods. It was the same sort of story there, except that all other mon would run away and end up killing themselves by accidentally running off of cliffs, or into more dangerous wildlife with the ghosts being all confused by the behavior.

But yeah, ghosts are usually able to stir up all sorts of mischief, even if they don't meant to.

... I don't know if I'd qualify mass suicide as "mischief", Greiger.

I feel like we might be stereotyping ghosts on the whole and I'm not sure if I'm okay with that.

Well, Castiel did clear up the stigma about seances. I think we're finally having an open dialogue about his "type".

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    I think just Castiel alone is enough to prove that ghosts don't act all the same. I mean, it isn't like he had us sign a contract selling over our souls, or haunting us and scaring us with jump scares all the time. So I think we're good on the non-stereotypes.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Yes.

Mackerelliavelli, yes my dream is finally REALIZED

Speaking of stigmas, what other Pokemon would have sort of reputation attached to them based on their species or type? I think Parasect would be a prime candidate. They're zombies, after all.

Also, rofl Jaunt your user

Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

I hope the name-changing omnipresence gives me a highly ironic edgy username too

Jauntier

Years
  • If this is an April Fool's joke, I'm not laughing.

Okay, well, maybe a little bit.

It's not even April where I live.

This reeks of Australia.

Back