• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Would you like a Pokemon Sun and Moon starter as a guest customer?

• Total voters

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • I think just Castiel alone is enough to prove that ghosts don't act all the same. I mean, it isn't like he had us sign a contract selling over our souls, or haunting us and scaring us with jump scares all the time. So I think we're good on the non-stereotypes.

And then you guys will meet Mallory, Castiel's... well, I'll keep that a secret for now. Yoohohoho~

Speaking of stigmas, what other Pokemon would have sort of reputation attached to them based on their species or type? I think Parasect would be a prime candidate. They're zombies, after all.

I hope the name-changing omnipresence gives me a highly ironic edgy username too

Ouch, that Spora shade.

First thing that comes off the top of my head: Zangoose and Seviper rivalry, Garbodor/Muk/Weezing pollution trio, Evee and it's UBER RARE QT YOONEEKNUS, and more.

Also, you aren't a prominent enough character in this community to warrant a name change. Maybe if you weren't such a typical background normie?

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    'EY I AIN'T HATIN' ON A BROTHA, IMMA JUST GOTTA SAY

Yeah but why, Jaunt?

I will never forget the time on this forum when I said we didn't need anymore Eeveelutions and someone called me a genwunner. Because I "didn't like change". I hope that person is decomposed by now.

I didn't harass Fox or temporarily join the RPT Skype chat, that's why.

Hmm, maybe I should be a bit more abrasive to change that, huhuhuu~

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Finally got my post up and opened up the possibility to communicate with Spora or Samuel! Hope you guys like Cicaro's shenanigans and be sure to tell me what you think. ;3

I'll also have a band of Ghosts visit as a counterpart group to Spirited Away at the same time ... This will be during one of the biggest missions before the utter downfall of all logistics and sanity, so expect hardcore shenanigans from the Ghosties during that time.
    I think it's fine. I like violent mood swings anyway, as you'll see with the Ghosties leader. I think their gang name will be "The Ghoulies". They only come out at night, hehee.
    Name them "The Freaks" 'cause they come out at night.
    New name: THE EXOTYKX

I keep imagining them busting down the door of Spirited Away and being like:

Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

What do you guys think about how I've been handling and writing her so far?

I like Rina, but I'd love to see more of her backstory and non-murderous thoughts. I really enjoy reading passages of tangent thought that add more flavor to the character (as you could probably tell, since that's literally all I ever do with my characters) and I'd love to see more sides of her and how she reacts; especially since I think you have a great premise to challenge her with the fact she can't speak the common language all that well.

Heh, I actually remember a story I wrote a while back about ghost types in the woods. It was the same sort of story there, except that all other mon would run away and end up killing themselves by accidentally running off of cliffs, or into more dangerous wildlife with the ghosts being all confused by the behavior.

This is actually incredibly similar to how people react to me irl

Mackerelliavelli the Magikarp or whatever, the business tycoon that will be visiting the shops at one of the worst hours, will now officially be based off of Trump. His dorsal fin will be all floppy like a toupee and everything. Everyone will love him. Everyone.

First Hitmonler now Magitrump what is this game. I roleplay to get away from politics, sir.

But anyway he should totally have a personal assistant or a wife that carries him around a fishbowl or glass bowl or something.

And then you guys will meet Mallory, Castiel's... well, I'll keep that a secret for now. Yoohohoho~

Jauntier

Years
  • I'm off-put by Collector Elwood's latest post, but it's off-putting in an endearing way.

... Maybe I shouldn't have eaten so much of that quesadilla casserole.

'EY I AIN'T HATIN' ON A BROTHA, IMMA JUST GOTTA SAY

Yeah but why, Jaunt?

I will never forget the time on this forum when I said we didn't need anymore Eeveelutions and someone called me a genwunner. Because I "didn't like change". I hope that person is decomposed by now.

I didn't harass Fox or temporarily join the RPT Skype chat, that's why.

Hmm, maybe I should be a bit more abrasive to change that, huhuhuu~

Why do I get that stigma from Pokemon? What are you asking? I doubt you even know anymore.

HAHAHA. AHHH. THAT IS PRICELESS.

... Oookay, no more talking from you, Disclosed. Spreading misinformation and half-truths in a place all about forgetting pasts and building up an imaginary escape for ourselves.

You can never be as mean as me. I am the biggest meanie.

Jauntier

Years
  • I keep imagining them busting down the door of Spirited Away and being like:

First Hitmonler now Magitrump what is this game. I roleplay to get away from politics, sir.

But anyway he should totally have a personal assistant or a wife that carries him around a fishbowl or glass bowl or something.

More like

while over at Forget-Me-Not it's gonna be like

Don't you know? Fascism is in fashion. Just ask Amaryllis. But Mackerelliavelli will definitely be toted around with an assistant or two. I mean, number one, he's rich. And number two, he's a fish. I think that spells it all.

These cat sprites leave me deeply unsettled, but yes, you're on the right track with your hairless nightmare cur.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • while over at Forget-Me-Not it's gonna be like

oh god werE goNNA gET FUNKED UP

Don't you know? Fascism is in fashion. Just ask Amaryllis.

Amaryllis is starting to remind me Esme Squalor from Series of Unfortunate Events.

Soon she'll be like "adopting orphans, it's so in!" and then she'll start trying to murder everyone because it's fashionable.

These cat sprites leave me deeply unsettled, but yes, you're on the right track with your hairless nightmare cur.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    .... They did another forced april fools thing. I do not like this layout at all. Too clunky. So, I figure that I'll get Gab's post out tomorrow at some point. I have a great idea for what he has in mind.

Jauntier

Years
  • Amaryllis is starting to remind me Esme Squalor from Series of Unfortunate Events.

Soon she'll be like "adopting orphans, it's so in!" and then she'll start trying to murder everyone because it's fashionable.​

HAHA.

I liked when a bunch of kids were forced into slave labor on a boat for Olaf and co., and Esme was whipping them with a big noodle. And the kids were like "It doesn't really hurt. It's more like a stinging wet slap."

Oh God, imagine if FMN had a mutiny against Amaryllis.

I would fire you all.

.... They did another forced april fools thing. I do not like this layout at all. Too clunky. So, I figure that I'll get Gab's post out tomorrow at some point. I have a great idea for what he has in mind.

This isn't a joke anymore.

This is torture.

I hate it.

I use a dark theme so night-browsing is easier, and this is already a strain. And why is there an option for post icons to a regular reply? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Jauntier

Years
  • NOTICE TO READERS: There is now one spot available for Spirited Away applicants. Please read the entire first post and sign up with your completed character application to be considered. I also strongly suggest reading the other applications so that you can figure how your character can work into the store's dynamic. Feel free to ask me questions or share concerns.

Due to inactivity, your slot has been freed. Sorry mate. You just went missing for how long and you haven't notified me directly concerning the situation. Your spot is starting to feel more like a reserve, and I can't have that when there may be others more active and wanting to join.

If you return and there is a slot freed in Spirited Away, you may reapply with Gareth the Gogoat.

Thank you in advance.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Only Cornered can convince me to seriously post while the board looks like a even uglier version of Serebii.

Did someone say "mutiny"!? I'll get the gasoline!

Collector Elwood said:
    I like Rina, but I'd love to see more of her backstory and non-murderous thoughts. I really enjoy reading passages of tangent thought that add more flavor to the character (as you could probably tell, since that's literally all I ever do with my characters) and I'd love to see more sides of her and how she reacts; especially since I think you have a great premise to challenge her with the fact she can't speak the common language all that well.

^ All of this is a great way for me to start plotting what direction to head in future posts. Thank you!
    I'd say Rina hasn't been very involved with her co's so far, just looking on bitterly from a distance... or shouting at them. I'll aim to point her towards some more direct conversations (You don't have to like your coworkers to be able to talk to them), and take further notice of that language barrier as well, since I've mostly been using it to quirk-ify her speech so far. She can be so much more.

I don't want to give away the juicy stuff until the parents roll around. I'll think about how I might build up to that...

But also, Elwood, I have a very important question I have to ask you. How do you indent the paragraphs in your posts!? Seriously!

I'll take that Spirited Away spot m80.

Name: Rogue
    Species: Jynx

You already know the rest~

Xtrashy

Shy - Like really shy, super shy, like, extra shy.
    Years
  • Speaking of stigmas, what other Pokemon would have sort of reputation attached to them based on their species or type? I think Parasect would be a prime candidate. They're zombies, after all.

Hey, they share a symbiotic relationship. Also if you want to be actually correct the mushroom turns her into a sort of sex slave, cause it's ultimate goal is for her to have an egg so it can cover the egg in it's spores.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • Well, hopefully I can get a post up soon, so that I can continue to work on what we were originally doing. A little busy at the moment, but I can work something out. I can't wait to see what Errol's mom would do and say to Blair being salty to her son. Probably kill me.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Did someone say "mutiny"!? I'll get the gasoline!

Be prepared, Amaryllis. The squad comin' 4 ya.

Also who is this group visiting Forget-Me-Not later? Where are they from?

^ All of this is a great way for me to start plotting what direction to head in future posts. Thank you!
    I'd say Rina hasn't been very involved with her co's so far, just looking on bitterly from a distance... or shouting at them. I'll aim to point her towards some more direct conversations (You don't have to like your coworkers to be able to talk to them), and take further notice of that language barrier as well, since I've mostly been using it to quirk-ify her speech so far. She can be so much more.

I don't want to give away the juicy stuff until the parents roll around. I'll think about how I might build up to that...

Glad to help! Especially since the rest of us don't necessarily know all the details about Rina's past (especially since her SU is in-character) I'd love to see more of her inner workings. Also I'm aching to throw Cicaro at her.

But also, Elwood, I have a very important question I have to ask you. How do you indent the paragraphs in your posts!? Seriously!

Cheating, basically. Since the actual indent BBCode tag amounts more to padding, to get an actual indent I use hyphens colored the same as the background-color of the div box it's in. Par exemple, the first spoiler has a css example with the "indent" effect and the next colors the hidden hyphens black.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Jauntier

Years
  • Only Cornered can convince me to seriously post while the board looks like a even uglier version of Serebii.

I'll take that Spirited Away spot m80.

Name: Rogue
    Species: Jynx

You already know the rest~

That's how we do, fam.

The only thing I miss about Rogue is her caked glitter lipgloss.

Hey, they share a symbiotic relationship. Also if you want to be actually correct the mushroom turns her into a sort of sex slave, cause it's ultimate goal is for her to have an egg so it can cover the egg in it's spores.

I was eating some eggs when I read this. I'm not eating them any more.

Well, hopefully I can get a post up soon, so that I can continue to work on what we were originally doing. A little busy at the moment, but I can work something out. I can't wait to see what Errol's mom would do and say to Blair being salty to her son. Probably kill me.

I'll post after users respond to Castiel and players further collaborate with each other on what can be done about the structure of the project. I don't want stagnant call-answer responses here when we've got two IC hours left to get it together, everybody!

Which reminds me to update the Story Thus Far section, soon.

Be prepared, Amaryllis. The squad comin' 4 ya.

Also who is this group visiting Forget-Me-Not later? Where are they from?​

*sucks teeth*

OG & Crew are a bunch of straight up G's, boy, but why is you clownin', tho? They're from the first attempt at Cornered on another Pokemon site that couldn't handle a unique personality like myself, in the end.

I love them because I love the thug lyf, son. But I live the struggle.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    They're from the first attempt at Cornered on another Pokemon site that couldn't handle a unique personality like myself, in the end.

I hate when that happens. I know friends of mine have tried to put rps on other sites... but most of the time they fail. PC is great in that they have rules and regulations, but on other sites you tend to get less... um... talented(?) rpers in a sense that they tend to godmod more, or they push past the GM, or numerous other reasons such as grammar which makes their posts painful to read.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • !*sucks teeth*

OG & Crew are a bunch of straight up G's, boy, but why is you clownin', tho? They're from the first attempt at Cornered on another Pokemon site that couldn't handle a unique personality like myself, in the end.

I love them because I love the thug lyf, son. But I live the struggle.

oooo May I entreat for the site name or for a link? I'd love to read it.

Also I get that you just gave up eating eggs but teeth are no substitute for a balanced breakfast.​

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    X gone deliver

OG and co. are Straight Outta Jubilee

I see. Because I understand that it is important to stay open-minded regarding sexual relationships, I respect Parsect for their life style choices, no matter how different they are, JAUNT.
    But does that mean that Spora's ultimate goal is getting preggers

Glad to help! Especially since the rest of us don't necessarily know all the details about Rina's past (especially since her SU is in-character) I'd love to see more of her inner workings.

Cheating, basically. Since the actual indent BBCode tag amounts more to padding, to get an actual indent I use hyphens colored the same as the background-color of the div box it's in.

You will know, son. You will know the real Rina.

FRAUDULENCE DETECTED. But who woulda thought. Thanks for the strats, homie.

hate when that happens. I know friends of mine have tried to put rps on other sites... but most of the time they fail. PC is great in that they have rules and regulations, but on other sites you tend to get less... um... talented(?) rpers in a sense that they tend to godmod more, or they push past the GM, or numerous other reasons such as grammar which makes their posts painful to read.

Cornered 1.0 wasn't bad for any of these reasons. I'd say it wasn't bad at all. The concept was sturdy enough to support a number of players of different 'capabilities', I guess you could say. Main issue with the board that hosted Cornered 1.0 wasn't and still isn't well-regulated. Not to mention no one knew how to make a roleplay outside of the basic "group-of-good-guys-versus-group-of-bad-guys" formula, so things got stale, with the same (I'll be frank) poor writers creating the same low-quality roleplays. That and Jaunt got in some hot water, which is a whole other story.

But because of that 'hot water', the old Cornered threads may never be recovered again... Rest in peace, precious beginning.

Jauntier

Years
  • I hate when that happens. I know friends of mine have tried to put rps on other sites... but most of the time they fail. PC is great in that they have rules and regulations, but on other sites you tend to get less... um... talented(?) rpers in a sense that they tend to godmod more, or they push past the GM, or numerous other reasons such as grammar which makes their posts painful to read.

To add onto what Disclosed said about that site's role-playing board, the people who purveyed it lent themselves to some very standard or generic role-play forms. PMD and Pokemon-Warriors/Sword Art Online crossovers were to that site as PMD and Journey RPs are to Pokecommunity, except more prevalent and more ridiculous. By comparison, Cornered was unique, and it attracted the attention of people who had never thought of a role-play that was so... enjoyably banal on the surface, but had a level of pitting activity and communication going on in in private. It was fun, and it was the only place where being jokingly sarcastic towards members wasn't seen as being A NEGATIVE NANCY: MODERATOR INFRACTION.

I don't mind people who can't write sparklingly. The point is to build upon your character as time goes on through character interaction, break-out roles, and mischief. As long as you have an interesting idea for a character and like IC mingling, I welcomed anyone. It's nice to read the breadth of writing styles and the formation of ideas, no matter how... unusually strewn together. But those are gems in themselves, huehue

oooo May I entreat for the site name or for a link? I'd love to read it.

Also I get that you just gave up eating eggs but teeth are no substitute for a balanced breakfast.​

You can't. The owner of the site deleted every single post I ever made right off the site. Shortly after, he stepped down. I'm not even joking.

I would prefer not to chew teeth. I think they'd chip mine. You know, like diamond cuts diamond.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Yeah, the thing that is nice about PC is that there ARE a lot of moderators, and usually if someone oversteps their bounds someone else will come in to stop them. It has that much going, at least.

Back