• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Would you like a Pokemon Sun and Moon starter as a guest customer?

• Total voters

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Speaking of remaining silent: shut up, you two.

Thank you to everyone for posting so far. I can already tell I won't regret starting this role-play here on PokeCommunity with some of these promising replies.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    I can already tell I won't regret starting this role-play here on PokeCommunity with some of these promising replies.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So now it's time to spam Lenny in every IC post and make this roleplay super annoying, yes?

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • So I have a question, how do we post regarding secret missions if we can't reveal the secret missions? PM me if anyone has the answer.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    I would say in regards to secret missions make it VERY VERY subtle about what you are doing. Say, for instance, if a secret mission required you to hike out to a mountain and collect some herbs there. You could post generally about your character getting supplies, not really saying what they are for, and post about them walking up a trail, but not referencing WHERE they went. And you could say something along the lines of :

'he saw what he needed in the center of the field'.

Basically, just don't give too much information away. I'm sure if you need some help phasing it you could always ask Jauntier to help out, just to make sure you're not giving anything away.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I'll try to have something up by Monday at the latest. This is my busy part of the week but if I get free time where I don't have seething rage towards my place of employment I will have something up sooner!

Apologies in advance if this inconveniences anyone

Jauntier

Years
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So now it's time to spam Lenny in every IC post and make this roleplay super annoying, yes?

If that's the worst you can do, I will turn the other cheek. You will not be spared in my vicious gossip circles, though. Tut, tut.

So I have a question, how do we post regarding secret missions if we can't reveal the secret missions? PM me if anyone has the answer.

As Greiger replied, it's a matter of showing instead of telling--and even then, you cannot be so blatant about it. It's just a matter of maneuvering through dramatic irony.

Focus on preparing or performing the project, in much the same way you would list instructions on how to create a final product. Just do not give any dead giveaways as to the name or purpose of the project. Let the other team see if they can piece together information in a game of charades.

When you write your posts, before posting them, read over what you wrote and think to yourself, "If I were someone just reading the role-play, what could I guess my character is doing/making from this post?"

Now, as time nears the 8 AM deadline for the projects to be constructed, more information will form because you all will be working for a finished product. In the end, it is okay to have a finished product and be able to describe it on its appearance and atmosphere, but let the other team speculate what the purpose of the product is, not your character in any way shape or form.

If you feel that you cannot trust yourself to not give away too much information, your character can ask their boss to help clean up the store. Remember, you don't all have to be working on the project. You can do any manner of things to get the store ready. You can read how your and the other team go about "showing-not-telling" and pick up an understanding of how it's demonstrated. As the role-play goes on, you will get the hang of it yourself when it comes time for more projects.

I'll try to have something up by Monday at the latest. This is my busy part of the week but if I get free time where I don't have seething rage towards my place of employment I will have something up sooner!

Apologies in advance if this inconveniences anyone

Thank you for informing me. As long as you post within 7 days of your last IC post, you'll be fine with me.

Arsenic

Years
  • Thank you for informing me. As long as you post within 7 days of your last IC post, you'll be fine with me.

Hopefully after these next couple weeks I can do a bit better than posting by the absolute last possible time!

Jauntier

Years
  • Hopefully after these next couple weeks I can do a bit better than posting by the absolute last possible time!

We will see to it, yeah?

Also, I just noticed the discrepancy here:

Your last IC post, your character is named "Kazè", but you signed him up as "Kazé". Those are different accents for different pronunciations (Kah-zeh / Kah-zey), and therefore inconsistent. Can you tell me which one you intend? Alternatively, since you don't seem fond of writing his name with the accent at all in the actual posts and imply that others don't have to write it anyway, you could just edit your application with a pronunciation of "Kaze", remove the one instance in your IC, and then we can all move on level.

I say this as I'm typing up my IC post at this very moment. I will refer to him as "Kaze", but it has me wondering if you are trying to apply Romance language diacritical marks to a name that could be, say, Japanese, and would not need those marks if one kept to the Japanese spelling and pronunciation. You know? It's like trying to write a Japanese name in French but for convenience sake, writing it in Japanese everywhere else.

Last edited:

Arsenic

Years
  • We will see to it, yeah?

Also, I just noticed the discrepancy here:

Your last IC post, your character is named "Kazè", but you signed him up as "Kazé". Those are different accents for different pronunciations (Kah-zeh / Kah-zey), and therefore inconsistent. Can you tell me which one you intend? Alternatively, since you don't seem fond of writing his name with the accent at all in the actual posts and imply that others don't have to write it anyway, you could just edit your application with a pronunciation of "Kaze", remove the one instance in your IC, and then we can all move on level.

I say this as I'm typing up my IC post at this very moment. I will refer to him as "Kaze", but it has me wondering if you are trying to apply Romance language diacritical marks to a name that could be, say, Japanese, and would not need those marks if one kept to the Japanese spelling and pronunciation. You know? It's like trying to write a Japanese name in French but for convenience sake, writing it in Japanese everywhere else.

First one. Just grabbed the wrong ASCII for the character. And the only reason I have it on the SU and title bar is I find most people pronounce it "kayze" otherwise from RL experience. Figured if I just put it correct the first time it would save correcting it later.

Jauntier

Years
  • First one. Just grabbed the wrong ASCII for the character. And the only reason I have it on the SU and title bar is I find most people pronounce it "kayze" otherwise from RL experience. Figured if I just put it correct the first time it would save correcting it later.

Alright, mate.

In other news, after my nap, I'll make some maps for you lot, so that we're all clear.

Congrats to STARDU5T's character for the first awarded Favor of the role-play, yaaay.

Jauntier

Years
  • UPDATE FOR PLAYERS: COTM!: Essentials now displays basic blueprints of the store's interiors. Please check out the second post, under the section "Store Maps". The area(s) in which your projects are being constructed have been highlighted in your store's color. I will also make edits in our private, off-site scheme pads. Credit goes to my tablet, which I have recently bought to replace my broken one from months ago.

Which brings me to another point: I may do little sketchy comic strip doodles of events that I find funny or interesting in the role-play. What do you guys think?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    I would say I'm fine with such antics. Comics can be cool to see, and it's an opportunity to inject some fun. Like, making a dorky comic of one event and raising the humor a bit in it, or such.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I thought you said your tablet sucked. Jaunt, you're so faaaake

Blueprints are much-appreciable; I'd like to be able to visualize the Forget-Me-Not layout for future posts.

wtf would anyone oppose comic strips. Do comic strips. Doooooo it. Do it do it do it..

By the way, Greiger, let me know if I misinterpreted your post in my own latest post.

Last edited:

Jauntier

Years
  • I thought you said your tablet sucked. Jaunt, you're so faaaake

Blueprints are much-appreciable; I'd like to be able to visualize the Forget-Me-Not layout for future posts.

wtf would anyone oppose comic strips. Do comic strips. Doooooo it. Do it do it do it..

By the way, Greiger, let me know if I misinterpreted your post in my own latest post.

It does. I used to use the Pencil tool for thin, pressured strokes. Now I have to use the Ink Pen tool to get that effect, and Pencil just doesn't register pressure at all. I don't know what happened between using the Bamboo Fun tablet and Intuos. Get it together, Wacom.

You're welcome. For uniformity's sake.

I might make a strips, yeah. Yeah, I think I might make them. That's two people who care. May just be enough.

You mean Grelzar, not Greiger.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I forgot what Wacom I have. I scarcely use it, anyway.

He knows who he is.

Evyl

t r a g i c
    Years
  • I'm sorry I haven't posted Jauntier! My sister downloaded a virus after I told her to delete system32.exe!
    I'll get to writing a post right now! Please don't ban me!!

Edit: I have made a post! It's not very good!
    Also Jauntier I think you're a good artist if you drew all the art for Cornered On The Market! You should definitely draw comics!

Last edited:

Ihsaan

shinigami of the alfheim
    Years
  • I'm sorry I haven't posted Jauntier! My sister downloaded a virus after I told her to delete system32.exe!
    I'll get to writing a post right now! Please don't ban me!!

Edit: I have made a post! It's not very good!
    Also Jauntier I think you're a good artist if you drew all the art for Cornered On The Market! You should definitely draw comics!

LOL! You trolled your sister..... LIKE A BOSS!!!

Back