• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Coro Coro Contest! Name That Attack! PC Exclusive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • The attack name must be 8 letters or less

Please keep this rule in mind when posting. Any moves that are more than 8 characters (including spaces) will not be considered. Yes, localized names in the games can be over 8 characters, but this requirement is set with Japanese character limits and length in mind. Feel free to convert your names to Japanese characters if you are able to as it will usually shorten length (given that an 8-character limit is much more reasonable for Japanese vs English), but please do not suggest a move that is more than 8 characters if you stick with English.

Also, we will edit a new rule in shortly. You are limited to one name suggestion per member. Participating with multiple accounts is also not permitted.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    It's too late but I just wanted to leave my idea here for posterity's sake:
    エクスカリブレク
    Excalibreak

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
  • I know it's probably too late, but I still wanted to share my idea:
    Maumirer, which is just a combination of some old French versions of two words: maudire, which means 'to curse' and mireor, which means mirror (it also came from mirer, which is another old French version of mirror). Just to note, I thought of this stuff on the fly and I looked up on Wiktionary for my words because I have a bit of a thing to do that.

So, I looked at all the other names and I noticed a bunch of trends for all the names that I wanted to try to avoid with my name:
    • A bunch of names all have Iron/Rust as part of the name.
    • A bunch of names are based on knights, chivalry, or bravery to fit the Sword/Shield theme. Speaking of...
    • Some names have Shield in the name.
    • And a bunch of names are based on Excalibur. I'm gonna laugh silly if an Excalibur-based name is the winner of the contest, because now I can say that certain Pokemon can be a Saber because they shoot beams from their swords! (or sword/blade-like appendages...)
    I also looked at the names and descriptions of the only three Special Steel-type moves we have (Excluding Z-Moves, of course). All three of them are attacks that use light-based energy. Of course, since I thought the name out of the fly, I didn't think about that, but people should think about that aspect of the current Special Steel-type moves we have at the moment. (Although I do think the one voted on the most got the memo.)

So my idea of this move is simple: The user shatters a cursed mirror and flings the shards of the mirror at the opponent. Of course, because said mirror is cursed, they lose half of their HP. Yeah, I know it sounds pretty stupid, but that's what I thought of in my head on the fly.

Years
  • The event has concluded! All participants who have followed the rules in the first post will be evaluated, and the most Liked entry will be mailed over to Nintendo for consideration. Those who did not follow the rules will not be considered, regardless of Like amount.

Thanks for participating. =)

Last edited:
    Years
  • And before we close this for good, I'd like to announce the most-Liked entries (yes, entries) that will soon be mailed to Nintendo for looking over.

Thank you to Reinhartmax for their suggestion of Foil (10 Likes) and Leo Van Pyroar for their suggestion of Shrapnel (9 Likes)! Your entries will be put forward for consideration. Who knows, maybe they will even make it into the upcoming titles?

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back