• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Coro Coro Scans (June) - Discussion

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well route 45 the one going from blackthorn to route 30 has gained a new river which seems to go around mount silver.(look above next to blackthorn you can see through the clear box in the right hand corner what I mean.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Oh, okay. Thanks for that. Now I feel less confused about what you guys were talking about.

Lynx1

has significant angst
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    I'm just happy you can catch Mareep early. C:

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Couldn't you always catch Mareep early? Like right after the first gym, that where I always got mine at.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Yes but this time before the guy that blocks you they put a patch of the greenest grass there so now we can catch it before the gym. Ayup!

Where do you see this patch of greenest grass? And how do you know you can catch it there? (sorry, confused. D<)

Kentaz

.shine.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    Yep, you could catch a Mareep right after the 1st gym.

And I'm in love with the pokedex's new interface. It looks so nice with the white squares and all. Also, is that the Tohjo Falls and route 27 at the low right corner of the map?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Where do you see this patch of greenest grass? And how do you know you can catch it there? (sorry, confused. D<)
    Look:
    https://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/b/b6/Route_32.png
    That is route 32 with Violet City in the north and the ruins to the left.
    Coro Coro Scans (June) - Discussion

^ is that area all the way on top before the guy stops you due to no badge. So that means the grassy patch could have mareep before the first gym.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Seeing as how they've been showing for Pokémon stats, and in other ares of the scan, I would think Mareep will be available before the first gym. It'll definitely be a change for the game and a nice addition to have on a person's team before the first gym leader. If this is true though, then I would assume that there may be some differences in location of Pokémon. Such as what was done with Platinum Pokémon compared to Diamond and Pearl's. I would actually like it if they do that because then we can finally and hopefully get better Pokémon earlier without going to the extreme. It'll also be nice if they switch some of it around with more Johto Pokémon being located earlier than before as well.

I'd think we can expect some changes like this in the remake seeing as they've done so much to it already. I'm at least satisfied that we have the newer generation Pokémon to wait until after Post-National PokéDex.

Last edited:
    Years
    Look:
    https://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/b/b6/Route_32.png
    That is route 32 with Violet City in the north and the ruins to the left.
    Coro Coro Scans (June) - Discussion

^ is that area all the way on top before the guy stops you due to no badge. So that means the grassy patch could have mareep before the first gym.

or the guy blocking us has moved up, and is now in the little area by the berry tree.
    either that, or mareep's gonna be available later in the game
    cos they won't give us a mareep to use against the 1st gym.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    or the guy blocking us has moved up, and is now in the little area by the berry tree.
    either that, or mareep's gonna be available later in the game
    cos they won't give us a mareep to use against the 1st gym.

Why not? We could get a Grass Type before the first gym in DPP...

Years
    Why not? We could get a Grass Type before the first gym in DPP...

thats true, but then any of the three starters (provided you evolved chimchar) have a type advantage over the 1st leader, so why not have 2.
    as none of the starters in GSC had a type advantage over the 1st gym its not that feasible that they'd throw one in for HG/SS.
    but what do i know
    i just think it'd be strange that, even with the ridiculously low levelled gym, they'd still offer you a route, other than geodude, of getting a type advantage over the gym leader.

Back