• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: CoroCoro leaks, upcoming mythical Pokémon revealed

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
    Well, it's definitely not what I was expecting. I was expecting something entirely different from this. However, we still don't know what its type, ability and even its name is. What are your thoughts on this somewhat peculiar Pokemon?

pkmin3033

For the love of everything sacred, please please PLEASE do not be another goddamn monkey

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    It would make sense for it to be a monkey, though? Keep it mind the movie takes place in a forest... I know there are other forest dwelling creatures, yes. But I'm okay w/a money. Do we always need cute mythicals?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    We usually have a cute and an evil looking mythical pokemon. We know because of Datamines, there is at least 1 more coming aside from Expansions. I don't think this is a monkey. In fact I think it is probably going to be inspired by the Barghest or a Wendigo.

Even if not those, it is likely going to be inspired by something in the United Kingdom.

It could be the 3rd Dog Legend that may possibly be based on Fenrir. Or even Grendil.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Now that I think about it, then most likely candidate would be Grendil especially since Beowulf is so popular and famous. It would be odd for them not to include a Legendary Pokemon that wasn't inspired by Grendil.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Leak I got from a reliable source. Don't quote me on this, you all saw it coming.
    Spoiler:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Decided to go out of my way to make this, sorry if it bad, I had to balance between studying and this:
    Spoiler:

I think it'll end up being some kind of monkey but at the same time the protrusion on the side kinda looks like a beak so it also could be some kinda wingless bird. Personally I portrayed it as a nose.

As for typing, maybe Dark/Electric/Ground/Rock or something.

Last edited:

ChickenMom

a filthy casual.
    Years
    For the love of everything sacred, please please PLEASE do not be another goddamn monkey

I really don't get all this Galar monkey business. (ha.)

But seriously, with grookey too. Why are there so many primates in a land that's based on a country that has no primates in the wild??

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    ...Come to think of it, we get monkey Pokemon practically every generation, don't we?

Makey, Primeape in Gen I...
    Aipom in Gen II
    Vigoroth in Gen III.
    Chimchar family and Ambipom in Gen IV...
    The Monkey Trio in Gen V... (and apparently the Darumaka family?)
    Passimian and Oranguru in Gen VII
    And Grookey's line in Sword/Shield.

If it is a monkey Pokemon in the end, maybe it could be the "Alpha male" over all the other monkey species mons?

ChickenMom

a filthy casual.
    Years
    ...Come to think of it, we get monkey Pokemon practically every generation, don't we?

Makey, Primeape in Gen I...
    Aipom in Gen II
    Vigoroth in Gen III.
    Chimchar family and Ambipom in Gen IV...
    The Monkey Trio in Gen V... (and apparently the Darumaka family?)
    Passimian and Oranguru in Gen VII
    And Grookey's line in Sword/Shield.

If it is a monkey Pokemon in the end, maybe it could be the "Alpha male" over all the other monkey species mons?

Good point. But I can forgive random pokemon being monkeys but...idk. It being a legendary. I'd rather it be a design that doesn't too closely resemble a specific animal anyway. (Probably why Lugia is my fav while ones like Shaymin and Keldeo are just kinda meh.)

Back