• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Corocoro (release for July) and E3 Speculation and Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I seriously doubt they're going to release any entirely new Pokemon for a remake. Yes, it is possible because Game Freak is impossible to predict, per say, but honestly, the chances of that are quite low. They've come out and said that it's a complete remake, which to me is a valid indicator. Not that I wouldn't be all for new Pokemon; I was extremely disappointed with the small amount we got in Kalos, but just seems unlikely for ORAS.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I seriously doubt they're going to release any entirely new Pokemon for a remake. Yes, it is possible because Game Freak is impossible to predict, per say, but honestly, the chances of that are quite low. They've come out and said that it's a complete remake, which to me is a valid indicator. Not that I wouldn't be all for new Pokemon; I was extremely disappointed with the small amount we got in Kalos, but just seems unlikely for ORAS.

Lol, I didn't mean it for these games, but a future generation :P Mostly the question was on if the damage will really be 6x...
    Well maybe they'll make Mega Glalie Ice/Steel for us to find out :P

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    I'm sincerely hoping they reveal Wally in the July CoroCoro...

Hopefully with an expanded role (among the lines of "you meet him more often")

Years
    Did Blue or Silver have extra matches against us during the main story compared to the post League? That could give us an image of what to expect (though not as reliable). He may appear more but I'm thinking they won't have him battle us as much. Irc in Emerald he had an extra battle against us compared to ORAS so it's possible...but thus far we have yet to see anything Emerald...just Ruby and Sapphire...

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    They've come out and said that it's a complete remake, which to me is a valid indicator.

I disgress, It isn't a complete remake. Sure, it is a remake but not technically a COMPLETE remake. Everything is still possible to happen whether its impossibly small or totally obvious.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    If it was "just a remake", we wouldn't be discussing Mega Evolution in Hoenn.

Years
    Nintendo said:
    They are full-remakes of the Game Boy Advance "Pokémon Ruby" and "Pokémon Sapphire" games...
    Source

It's already been officially stated that they are full remakes, which obviously doesn't mean they won't create new Mega evolutions, but those are based off Pokemon that already exist, therefore 'remaking' their evolution line. Creating all new Pokemon would be like a sequel to X and Y and the Kalos era, which ORAS presumably isn't. That's how I've interpreted the information from Nintendo, at least.

Years
    Well the definition of (VG) remakes means to "enhance or change a video game different from the originals that is different from a port which is simply adapting it to another system. Remakes usually include features introduced in succeeding games." I paraphased that from Wikipedia's VG remakes page. Anyways Mega Evolution is a feature introduced in Gen VI, so it still fits the definition of a "full remake". New Pokémon (as in totally new lines) not introduced in XY (other than those hidden) or preceding gens may stretch the definition. Evolution's though will be the most likely though seeing how evolution itself is a feature while new pokémon (as in non-evolutions) is more of a staple of a new generation.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Source

It's already been officially stated that they are full remakes, which obviously doesn't mean they won't create new Mega evolutions, but those are based off Pokemon that already exist, therefore 'remaking' their evolution line. Creating all new Pokemon would be like a sequel to X and Y and the Kalos era, which ORAS presumably isn't. That's how I've interpreted the information from Nintendo, at least.
    I think everyone just uses different terms to mean the same thing, and vice versa (same to mean different). If they want to call them just "full remakes", then there's no point adding anything. However, they have to acknowledge the Mega Evolution they added, and keep that going with new discoveries, so it has officially gone beyond just "remakes". If they add new Pokémon anywhere (no, they won't do this as a rule, but even one somewhere), then it's no longer just a remake. Keep in mind I'm allowing for Sinnoh-found babies appearing where their parents would have appeared normally as being part of a "remake". But even just adding Mega Evolution and new forms of the legendaries means these are new games in an old region, not just remakes.

And from the sounds of it, Diancie's Mega Stone (which is a new item obviously) is the chief new addition, that and the event Diancie somewhere. I'm guessing Volcanion will come in Z, and Hoopa in Delta Emerald, presuming these are announced. If they are not, expect events.

Years
    I think everyone just uses different terms to mean the same thing, and vice versa (same to mean different). If they want to call them just "full remakes", then there's no point adding anything. However, they have to acknowledge the Mega Evolution they added, and keep that going with new discoveries, so it has officially gone beyond just "remakes". If they add new Pokémon anywhere (no, they won't do this as a rule, but even one somewhere), then it's no longer just a remake. Keep in mind I'm allowing for Sinnoh-found babies appearing where their parents would have appeared normally as being part of a "remake". But even just adding Mega Evolution and new forms of the legendaries means these are new games in an old region, not just remakes.

And from the sounds of it, Diancie's Mega Stone (which is a new item obviously) is the chief new addition, that and the event Diancie somewhere. I'm guessing Volcanion will come in Z, and Hoopa in Delta Emerald, presuming these are announced. If they are not, expect events.

Well to be fair FrLg also went beyond a "simple remake" as they added in the Sevii islands during the main story (following the seventh gym) and had us do an obligatory quest there. I see Megas to be that kind of diversion from the plots of the originals.
    Diancie was confirmed to be an event for XY. We'll have to trade it to ORAS they said. They haven't given details on how we get it's Mega stone though. I'm assuming her stone is in Hoenn.
    Also note that all remakes (and third versions) have added items that weren't in the original pair.

Now back to Corocoro's July release. I wonder if they'll tell us how to get Mega Diancie's stone in ORAS, or if they keep us waiting on that info along with it's ability.

Years

Delta Emerald is mostly likely something Nintendo trademarked to be able to take action against illegitimate hacks under the same name, like they did when trademarking "Water Blue" during FRLG's release and "Grey" during B/W's release. This is actually something they've been doing for a long time, so seems to be like just another business move and not a new game.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Delta Emerald is mostly likely something Nintendo trademarked to be able to take action against illegitimate hacks under the same name, like they did when trademarking "Water Blue" during FRLG's release and "Grey" during B/W's release. This is actually something they've been doing for a long time, so seems to be like just another business move and not a new game.
    Only time will tell. Even if there is a new game, they won't mention it until long down the road, as in after the period that any third game to X/Y is released. But with Rayquaza being among THE most popular Pokémon, they ought to consider it as an option.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    Making Delta Emerald seems pretty redundant, unless they're not going to put Emerald features in OR/AS (unlikely, but...)

If they don't only then will I support a third remake version.

Years
    I would be pissed if they made an Emerald remake after releasing ORAS. Just spent my money on a Hoenn remake, and then a new one with better features and plot gets announced? :[ I'm pretty sure they're just going to add things like the Battle Frontier to ORAS, and if not, that will also make me sad! It's one of the best things about Hoenn.

Years
    I would be pissed if they made an Emerald remake after releasing ORAS. Just spent my money on a Hoenn remake, and then a new one with better features and plot gets announced? :[ I'm pretty sure they're just going to add things like the Battle Frontier to ORAS, and if not, that will also make me sad! It's one of the best things about Hoenn.

I don't think they will. They haven't remade Yellow or Crystal so it wouldn't make sense to remake Emerald.

I'm pretty sure they will add the Hoenn Battle Frontier to OR/AS like when they added the Sinnoh Battle Frontier to HG/SS. If not, then it will be very sad.

I'm re-quoting a post I made in another thread about Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza:

After Team Aqua awakens Kyogre and Team Magma awakens Groudon (depending on what version you choose to play), and after one of them threatens to flood or dry up the world and you stop them by using the right orb, the event ends and you don't catch either one of them....yet.

Next, in the postgame, both of them suddenly come back and fight each other in Sootopolis while every watches. Therefore you go to Rayquaza to break up the fight. After Rayquaza breaks up the fight, you can catch Kyogre in Marine Cave (in AS) or Groudon in Terra Cave (OR) and Rayquaza.

I know my grammar is not good. This is my suggestion on how they can combine the games and also make an interesting post-game.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    That's never been done with remakes so I doubt you should have any worry.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    If Delta Emerald comes around, I doubt it will be a remake. I would like it if it was a sequel this time around. Kinda unfair for Unova to take all the action lmao :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back