• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Corocoro (release for July) and E3 Speculation and Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I would be pissed if they made an Emerald remake after releasing ORAS. Just spent my money on a Hoenn remake, and then a new one with better features and plot gets announced? :[ I'm pretty sure they're just going to add things like the Battle Frontier to ORAS, and if not, that will also make me sad! It's one of the best things about Hoenn.
    So you were never upset about Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, or Platinum in the first place? Granted, Platinum at least changed the story a little bit, but the other three were...well, roughly identical to the others in the generation.

Though going from OR/AS into a "Z" and moving on from there WOULD be identical to Gen. III with FR/LG in between the three newer games.

If Delta Emerald comes around, I doubt it will be a remake. I would like it if it was a sequel this time around. Kinda unfair for Unova to take all the action lmao :)
    A sequel seems like a good idea. Now advance the story and both characters are grown up, maybe even married to each other through their love for Pokémon battling. The anime would never document this, however, since Ash never ages, so May also cannot be aged.

Years
    No, I wasn't upset about any of those games, because they weren't remakes of a third game. If they made an 'Electric Yellow', then yes, I would've been pissed. Same goes for Crystal. It's incredibly redundant to remake the third game when they already plan on remaking the two originals, Ruby and Sapphire. They'll do what HGSS did and implement Emerald features into ORAS.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I could roll with the idea of a remake... sequel. That'd be really sweet, actually, continuing the story through a third installment, using ORAS as a segue into it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    It wouldn't be a remake if it were treated as a sequel. The most they'll be able to add is the kind of changes we see in ORAS compared to their originals. Also the title may seem misleading as being an Emerald remake...
    Also those bothered by buying a third version remake...did you ever buy one of the normal originals pairs then the third version? They'll not all that different... after all they could've added what they did in the third version into the original pair...

I would like to see if they'll release any new features in ORAS (beyond Primal Reversion) in July's Corocoro.

Last edited:
    Years
    I could roll with the idea of a remake... sequel. That'd be really sweet, actually, continuing the story through a third installment, using ORAS as a segue into it.

Well if we're talking about a game that takes place post-present Hoenn, then yeah that'd be sick. It would be a whole new story, possibly new areas and quests to go on aside from the original gym leader challenge, all things that would make it worth purchasing along with ORAS. If it was just a remake of Emerald, then it would be a waste to buy ORAS in the first place, unless you preferred Ruby/Sapphire to Emerald. I definitely didn't!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Well if we're talking about a game that takes place post-present Hoenn, then yeah that'd be sick. It would be a whole new story, possibly new areas and quests to go on aside from the original gym leader challenge, all things that would make it worth purchasing along with ORAS. If it was just a remake of Emerald, then it would be a waste to buy ORAS in the first place, unless you preferred Ruby/Sapphire to Emerald. I definitely didn't!
    Hence why using the Emerald scenario as a sequel and adding even more new stuff is such a great idea. It's an Emerald remake in the same sense as the others, but now new Pokémon DO get added and things get shifted, and maybe new side quests appear in new areas (much like the AshGrey hack puts Ash's version of Kanto, from the anime, into Fire Red). It would be something that fans would continue to buy even with the OR/AS remakes. And you know people will buy it anyway. Why not do something cool with it?

Years
    Hence why using the Emerald scenario as a sequel and adding even more new stuff is such a great idea. It's an Emerald remake in the same sense as the others, but now new Pokémon DO get added and things get shifted, and maybe new side quests appear in new areas (much like the AshGrey hack puts Ash's version of Kanto, from the anime, into Fire Red). It would be something that fans would continue to buy even with the OR/AS remakes. And you know people will buy it anyway. Why not do something cool with it?

Sure, but what I was originally saying is that simply remaking Emerald would be a total waste of money and energy, it would be much more efficient to just add the features in to ORAS. I wouldn't buy 'Delta Emerald' if it that's what it was like, for sure. d: Creating a Hoenn sequel is a completely different ball park. Would be lovely, seeing as it's my favorite region.

Years
    So again, does anyone expect to see any new features or expanded features (which were minor in past generations) of old features? Thus far we have Primal Reversion and more Megas.
    Maybe some new features on the Pokénav? Or maybe some of Devon's inventions can work later in the game. Maybe they'll show that we can talk to Pokémon using their device? Maybe that could replace Aime should it not return.

Years
    PokeNav didn't get any attention in June's CoroCoro or E3, so we may get the chance to see how it looks in ORAS when July rolls around. Would be interesting if it still has PSS and Amie, but also retains old features from the original RSE games. I'd mostly just like to see how the interface is designed.

Years
    PokeNav didn't get any attention in June's CoroCoro or E3, so we may get the chance to see how it looks in ORAS when July rolls around. Would be interesting if it still has PSS and Amie, but also retains old features from the original RSE games. I'd mostly just like to see how the interface is designed.

PSS is the name of Kalos' system {XD} So it's just it's features that will appear.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I don't think they will. They haven't remade Yellow or Crystal so it wouldn't make sense to remake Emerald.

I'm pretty sure they will add the Hoenn Battle Frontier to OR/AS like when they added the Sinnoh Battle Frontier to HG/SS. If not, then it will be very sad.

I'm re-quoting a post I made in another thread about Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza:

They didn't remake crystal, but they did add the storyline into HGSS that was in Crystal.

For ORAS, it is impossible unless both teams are against you and both legendaries are in your game like with Emerald. Serebii said that only one team will be against you depending on your version, they could have mistranslated, but the trailers back up what they said.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I still can't believe we don't have any photos of Dive yet! I think next time we'll get a glimpse of that and maybe of new areas, yeah.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Only a couple of weeks until the next CoroCoro batch! 8) Yeah I'm really hoping to see a couple of the cities, particularly Sootopolis City and Mauville City.

Years
    I'm super excited! What I want to see most is probably Dive in action, but definitely would be nice to see Mauville City and get some clarity on all the theories and rumors surrounding it that sprang up due to the map and that artwork. PokeNav would also be a nice addition, to find out how it's going to work in ORAS.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    I think that from now on, we'll be getting a couple of screenshots, a few pieces of artwork, and depending onhow many there are, a new mega evolution, in each corocoro.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I think that from now on, we'll be getting a couple of screenshots, a few pieces of artwork, and depending onhow many there are, a new mega evolution, in each corocoro.

Yeah, hopefully each month will showcase something new right up until the release in November. Since we don't have any more major events such as E3 this year, we're going to have to rely on CoroCoro for our sources. ;;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back