• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Corocoro (release for July) and E3 Speculation and Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
  • Serebii has scan up!! Starter Megas and more!

I like the Mega Swampert even if it is a bit silly. Was not a fan of the basic Swampert.

Sceptile looks... the same, but becomes a Dragon.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Beware, spoilers:

Spoiler:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I already said my opinions on the Mega Evolutions in the Mega Evolution thread.

Anyway, I like Brendan's new design; at least we can confirm that he's actually wearing a hat, not having white hair. I like May's old design better, but I'm starting to warm up to the new one.

I can't help but wonder why they changed up the designs for the evil teams, though

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Of course, Steven researches about Mega Evolution since he obsessed with stones. And Mega Evolution has a lot of them.

...does that mean Mega Evolving will be available pre-league?

And can I just say how I miss Maxie's old design now? :'<

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I loooove Team Aqua's new designs, but Team Magma is pretty boring. Maxie looks exactly like Colress if Colress died his hair, and that admin looks like Xerosic and the grunts look like Team Flare. I loooove the Aqua grunts.

Anyway, the new megas look fantastic. Looks like I'll be picking Treecko! But why does Steven use CharX over MegaAggron....?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    But why does Steven use CharX over MegaAggron....?
    Because GF hasn't pandered enough to the Charziard fans with X/Y.

I like some of the mega evolutions but the Team Magma and Aqua redesigns look generic and hideous. The new character designs look awful too and seem to be made up of recycled parts from old designs (May looks way to much like Serena).

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    guys please pm me with this answer !

i noticed that everyone has new design. even may and brendon.
    do u guys think these characters will show up in the anime? or its just in the game?
    perhaps may will show up in xy ? :OO
    thanks !

Years
  • I figured Swampert and Sceptile were going to get a mega evolution. Definitely choosing Sceptile now based on looks and being part dragon now. The new look for Brendan looks cool and now you can tell he's wearing a hat.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Diancie (Spoiler)

Has anyone notice about Diance picture in Corocoro new release?
    It seems like it will be getting a mega evolution.
    What do u guys think ? :O

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
  • Starting to warm up to the redesigns. I find May and Brendan's outfit amusing though. It seems like they are ready to hit the beach or something. Still intrigued about the Kyogre and Groudon formes though. Swampert looks so tanky >w<

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Starting to warm up to the redesigns. I find May and Brendan's outfit amusing though. It seems like they are ready to hit the beach or something. Still intrigued about the Kyogre and Groudon formes though. Swampert looks so tanky >w<

may looks just PERFECT like that . do u think she will return in the anime?
    cuz usually characters in new games have a return in the anime. what do u think?

Years
  • Here's my thoughts on the revealed stuff:

The Mega Sceptile design looks pretty nice, although I don't think Lightning Rod complements it well as far as abilities go. It its Grass/Dragon-type though which is a combination we've never had yet, although that 4x Ice weakness is gonna suck, alongside other weaknesses of Poison, Flying, Bug, Dragon and Fairy. Yeah it gets pretty weakness-heavy so it's essentially gonna be hard mode for anyone who picks Treecko.

Mega Swampert on the other hand looks really ugly with those huge fists, almost made me think it became a Fighting-type at first but apparently it remains Water/Ground. Swift Swim was an interesting ability choice though, but I guess that can help overcome its low Speed in the rain. I was going to try and stay true to my pick of Mudkip in the original but now I'm not so sure, if it is too ugly I might actually end up picking Torchic this time around (I really do like Mega Blaziken's design plus Mega Sceptile looks kinda shafted to me), given that I go for the Fire starter if I don't like the Water starter's design. I do like Mudkip's line but Mega Swampert will take longer to grow on me than I first expected.

I love the new uniforms for the Team Magma and Team Aqua grunts, although I have some complaints regarding the new Team Aqua designs. First off, they are all dark-skinned now (I guess Game Freak wants to make more ethnic diversity with the characters but now they feel so weird compared to the original) and I don't like that new male Aqua Admin design. Archie does look really cool though.

A Mega for Diancie was also unexpected, but I like the chandelier-like design there. Still, it looks really good and no disappointment design-wise there. It's always what I always imagined for it should it have gotten a Mega.

And now the protagonist redesigns which I have mixed reactions. I really don't like Brendan's new clothing, it looks a lot like a wetsuit in my opinion, similar to the one Nate (B2/W2 male protagonist) wore under his clothes. May on the other hand actually looks really cute with her new design, that bow in her hair is a nice little change to the usual hats that seem to be common with protagonists. I know her original design didn't necessarily have a hat, but I love how her clothing is now more in tune with Hoenn being the tropical region. The shorts do remind me of Hilda (B/W female protagonist) in some way though.

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    For me team magma looks more like scientists and team aqua looks like pirates which i find interesting. Treecko is going to be definitely my choice, even with a Mega of 4x weakness, maybe it will have more speed and sp attack to compensate the weakness plus dragon types are cool and this is the first dragon grass in existance so I must get it. I wonder how the stats are going to change for primal dialga?, no sorry I mean primal/prehistoric/primeval groudon and kyogre, this is the first time (if not the second) where a pokemon shows a devolution (if giratina going back to the origin form doesn´t count).
    Now Steven having a Mega charizard, interesting, considering that his power house and signature pokemon has always been aggron. I wonder if this has something to do with him traveling the kanto region in previous games.
    Diance mega evolution. first time an event legendary pokemon gets a mega evolution I guess and it´s one of the new ones of generation 6.
    Interesting clothing for the main characters, looks more tropical and shows that you´re ready for battle.
    Now what I want to see are the berries, pokeblock making and how pokemon contests are going to be.

Years
  • Well that leaked way earlier than I thought it would!

Anyways, Mega Swampert and Mega Septile both looks pretty cool, but I'm a Blazekin fanboy I'll probably just end up picking him. I didn't think they'd revel get them so early.

The new Team Aqua design is really cool, but Team Magma just looks stupid. Brendan looks pretty cool, and I'm indifferent to May's redesign. I'm not really surprised Steven has something to do with Mega Evolution since it involves stones and such. Though I am curious how Mega Evolution will play into the story.

Mega Groudon and Kyogre just confuse me. They look exactly the same except their glowing, and Serebii says something about 'ancient de-evolution.' I'm not even sure they are Megas.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back