• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: CoroCoro reveals Alolan Grimer, new evolutions and more!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Well if the point of view here is that, "It's not really all that different." then I'll ask, how many people were a fan of Type: Null before the Helmet came off and people mostly thought it was a stand-alone pokemon?
    I get you. To me, the evolution looks much more like a form change rather than... well, an evolution. Because all that happened was the helmet came off. So yeah, it looks cool, because Type:Null looked cool. But if no one told me any details, just by looking at the design, I'd assume there'd be some in-game mechanic to allow Type:Null to change from "Confined Form" to "True Form" and I was looking at the newly-revealed "True Form." To me, Keldeo Resolute looks more like an evolution to Keldeo Ordinary than Shiruvadi looks like an evolution of Type:Null.

Also, why is the first stage named Type:Null when it clearly has a Type (Normal) and your run-of-the-mill Ability (Battle Armor) that does nothing about its Type, but it's the evolution that has "no real Type" due to its new AR System Ability? The naming choice is just... kind of weird to me.

But I actually really like the final evolution of Jangmo-o. It looks really cool with the scales kind of like armor, and I look forward to seeing it in-game. It's got a cool raptor kind of thing going on with its posture, too, which I like. Honestly, one of my more preferred designs of this generation.

Years
  • In case if one's confused about Ilima's gender, Bulbapedia confirms Ilima is male. This was probably indicated by his Spanish name, which is Liam.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • In case if one's confused about Ilima's gender, Bulbapedia confirms Ilima is male. This was probably indicated by his Spanish name, which is Liam.

Oh my gosh I'm so convincing myself that Ilima is a girl because his official artwork and ingame modal has that feminine look and that pinkish hair + earring, has Pokemon came that far? Maybe it just me but I'm amazed that Pokemon is tackling the issue of... transgender maybe? Gotta emphasize the message of equality to all people

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Oh my gosh I'm so convincing myself that Ilima is a girl because his official artwork and ingame modal has that feminine look and that pinkish hair + earring, has Pokemon came that far? Maybe it just me but I'm amazed that Pokemon is tackling the issue of... transgender maybe? Gotta emphasize the message of equality to all people

Doubt so?
    Wallace was also pretty feminine.
    I won't mind since they look pretty much K-dol like :P

Years
  • Oh my gosh I'm so convincing myself that Ilima is a girl because his official artwork and ingame modal has that feminine look and that pinkish hair + earring, has Pokemon came that far? Maybe it just me but I'm amazed that Pokemon is tackling the issue of... transgender maybe? Gotta emphasize the message of equality to all people

I was thinking Ilima could be Pokemon's way of pulling off an LGBTI character as well. Kinda helps since we've seen rainbows at some point, as shown with the clothes lined up in a rainbow formation in the clothing shop, and the stats shown when a Pokemon levels up also being coloured like a rainbow. As we know, the rainbow is a notable symbol in the LGBTI community.

And then there's the fact this section's mods (Blue, colours) both have colour-themed usernames as well. More of a coincidence but very funny to point out.

Back