• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: CoroCoro reveals Alolan Grimer, new evolutions and more!

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
    Type: Null's evolution is cool, I'm totally okay with it just being a bit recoloured and minus the helmet. If you look at the big action pose, the feather-like things coming from its head are red. In the official art, they're white. Is it safe to assume they change colour with typing, or do you guys think it just turns red when it's fighting as an animation?

Jangmo-o's evolution looks cool, but I want to see these things in game first. Sugimori hasn't been doing a lot of the Pokemon justice this gen in my opinion.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
    Hmm personally I don't like the Jangmo-o line design wise, probably going to ignore it while I'm still playing the story.

But, That Type-Null (Evolution/Form?) looks insane.

"I WANT IT SO BAD!!!"

*Ahem*

Alolan grimer is Dark/Poison - only one weakness... earthquake threatens it tho.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    I was really looking forward to seeing Jangmo-o's evolution, but I think this still needs to grow on me, maybe seeing an ingame model for it would make me like it more, but yes Dragon/Fighting! I was waiting for that type.

I love the design. It looks very different from every Dragon type before without losing that distinct..."dragon-ness". And he's a Fighting type too. You know, the second I saw Dweeble, I knew we'd get along so well. Same with Honedge. I've felt the same way about Jangmo-o. He may very well become one of my favorites.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Wait, Grimer is Purple, and it's Shiny is Green. Alolan Grimer is Green, will it's Shiny be Purple?

I'm not sure if I'm the first to make this comment, I didn't read all of the other comments.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I think I already said what I thought of Grimer...

Silvadi is interesting, I liked Type: Null but I do think Silvadi is an improvement. Can't really see myself using it though....especially when it seems likely it'll be a post-game thing. (or at least late game)

I don't really like the artwork for Jangmo-o's evolutions. The juries still out on the actual design as I think the in-game model and animation could make a huge difference.

Either way I'm getting kinda restless with these reveals, it's been quite a while since I last saw a new Pokemon I thought about adding to my team....

Years
    Here's a clearer image of Silvadi's official art.
    Spoiler:

Usually not a fan of "baddass" pokemon; however, I can appreciate this regal and majestic design.

Years
    For me personally, the two evolution lines have went in opposite directions.

Jangmo'o looked pretty cool, but I'm not a big fan of its evolutions. On the other hand, Type:Null was terrible and now Silvadi looks awesome. There's still a huge part of me that wants rid of its fish tail, but the rest of it looks amazing.

Alolan Grimer is incredibly forgettable unfortunately, it easily displaces Meowth as the worst Alolan form so far.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
    I wasn't a fan of StupidNameOne and StupidNameTwo, but their evolutions have salvaged them for me, they look freakin' awesome.

I hate the usual thing they seem to do in Pokémon of a quadruped Base Pokémon becoming bipedal when it evolves, I.e. Tepig, Fennekin, Tirtouga, Sandile. But I really like the design of Jango Fett's evolutions. I just hope to glob they leave Torracat on all fours and give it a badass tiger design.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    Updated the OP with the latest scans and details. As for the evolutions, I'm surprised at how much more I like Type: Null's evolution over Jangmo-o's. I was fully expecting a really decent design for both of Jangmo-o's evolutions.. but I gotta say I'm slightly disappointed. Type: Null's evolution on the other hand, I actually think it could be one of my favourites so far!

Years
    Serebii has also reported that the scan has revealed the Japanese name of the starting town - Hauori City.

Interesting that this is only the second game to have the protagonist live in a city instead of a town, after Aspertia City back in B2/W2.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    So Jangmo-o evolves into Knuckles. It's a surprising design choice I didn't see coming but ok.

I love Type:Null's evolution though, even though all it essentially is is it removing its helmet. Anyone have any ideas on what the English version of it's name is?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I'm fine with Jangmo-o's evolutions, tho I'd like Jararanga to stand a little more upright.

Anyone have any ideas on what the English version of it's name is?
    Isn't Silvadi the English name?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Love Type: Null's evolution and Jangmo-o's. The thing could almost be steel still lol. But it is confirmed to be Dragon/Fighting.

I think Jangmo-o's line is definitely Pseudo, but I think this may help my theroy about there being 2 Pseudo's Legends. But again, I thought the same thing about Axew's line and it ended up not being a Pseudo.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    I definitely see a more arceus-based designed in null's evolution, that entire head looks almost exactly like arceus' and with a closed mouth the beak even emulates it's face patch

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    My feelings mirror those of most: I like Type: Null's evolution a lot. Looks very cool, design flows nicely in my opinion.

Can't say the same about the Jangmo-o evolution. Way way too busy for my liking. Jangmo-o was a great start, but I think they blew the evolutions. That is really disappointing.

Alolan Grimer, in my opinion is a lazy recoloring of Grimer. Although that could change once we learn of Grimer's adaptation to the Alola region.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    wow... I LOVE Type:Null's evolution! It looks so majestic ^^ Didn't expect him to look like that. Now I'm in love with Type:Null!

What have they done to my sweet Jangmo-o?? ;-; I mean, my opinion usually changes but, I'm not impressed. It looks some kind of fakemon? I understand they tried to emphasize its fighting-type part but... I don't know... It seems exaggerated? But as I said... My opinion might change.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I'm kinda curious: what have people expected Jangmo-o to evolve into? It's kinda a given that it would evolve into something "badass"-like, as it were.

Well I knew it was coming right after they announce its second type is Fighting. When it was first revealed I was hoping its evo to stand on its 4 legs and have wings- Some majestic style. But it didnt turned out like that. Oh well hehe

Back