• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: CoroCoro Reveals More Lycanroc Dusk Information

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Well, this little buddy has a place on my team. So that's this and the starter Pokemon.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • The only problem with Dusk Form Lycanroc is that it's confirmed to be event-exclusive as CoroCoro have claimed. The fact that Ash will be having this form of Lycanroc in the anime is well, pretty much Ash-Greninja all over again in that he's using a Pokemon with a form that's exclusive to a certain event.

I think that's because this will be the only Rockruff that can evolve into Dusk Form Lycanroc. Normal Rockruff only evolve into either a Midday or Midnight Form Lycanroc.

No idea where you got this information from. I wouldn't spread it without proof, especially since users here are so trusting of info like this.

Remember a Rockruff that can evolve into Dusk form, a new form, makes sense as being advertised as special. Its a new form. Obviously this seems normal to us but you have to look at this from a marketing perspective; they want people to use the events and because it can evolve into the new form, it's special than previously found Lycanroc that can't evolve.

While it could very well be the only one, it bothers me that people spread this info or believe it without any sources. The Japanese CoroCoro page dpesn't have high quality scans yet it seems but looking at it right now I do not see anything indicating exclusivity.

Last edited:
    Years
  • No idea where you got this information from. I wouldn't spread it without proof, especially since users here are so trusting of info like this.

Remember a Rockruff that can evolve into Dusk form, a new form, makes sense as being advertised as special. Its a new form. Obviously this seems normal to us but you have to look at this from a marketing perspective; they want people to use the events and because it can evolve into the new form, it's special than previously found Lycanroc that can't evolve.

While it could very well be the only one, it bothers me that people spread this info or believe it without any sources. The Japanese CoroCoro page dpesn't have high quality scans yet it seems but looking at it right now I do not see anything indicating exclusivity.

I'm speculating that it could be exclusive to this event Rockruff, because I can't really imagine anything else at this point that would make this Rockruff "special" enough. The only other thing I could think of is an exclusive Z-Crystal, like the Munchlax event.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm speculating that it could be exclusive to this event Rockruff, because I can't really imagine anything else at this point that would make this Rockruff "special" enough. The only other thing I could think of is an exclusive Z-Crystal, like the Munchlax event.
    There is also another possibility. Perhaps in unlocks an in-game event like Shiny Pichu unlocked the Notch Ear Pichu event in HgSs, and how the Shiny Beasts unlocked the Zoroark event in BW.

Years
  • There is also another possibility. Perhaps in unlocks an in-game event like Shiny Pichu unlocked the Notch Ear Pichu event in HgSs, and how the Shiny Beasts unlocked the Zoroark event in BW.

Usually, the Mystery Gift launch events are unrelated to stuff like this. Anyways, I'll quote what the Daily article said:

This Rockruff is listed as "special" and can evolve into the recently revealed Dusk Form Lycanroc. The distribution is listed to last from November 17th, 2017 to January 10th, 2018.

With that claim, my guess is that Dusk Form will be locked to this specific Rockruff.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Usually, the Mystery Gift launch events are unrelated to stuff like this. Anyways, I'll quote what the Daily article said:

With that claim, my guess is that Dusk Form will be locked to this specific Rockruff.

Perhaps it will be locked, and in order to get a non-event Rockruff to evolve into Dusk Lycanroc one will need the other two forms of Lycanroc in the party and evolve at sunset/sunrise like in the anime.

Bypassing such requirements would make this Rockruff special.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022

Yup, Serebii just confirmed this is what's listed in Coro Coro. Kind of disappointed, makes the form lose it's lustre and feel like something locked behind an event.

Years
  • Perhaps it will be locked, and in order to get a non-event Rockruff to evolve into Dusk Lycanroc one will need the other two forms of Lycanroc in the party and evolve at sunset/sunrise like in the anime.

Bypassing such requirements would make this Rockruff special.

As Zeiro mentioned above, Serebii has confirmed that Dusk Form will be locked to this event Rockruff. Doesn't help that Ash will be promoting it in the anime as well, meaning it is literally SM's version of Ash-Greninja, a special form Ash owns that is unobtainable by normal means.

Does this mean Dusk Form is limited to this event only Rockruff? >:) I can't say I'm surprised that this is the early purchase gift.

Unfortunately, yes. It's probably why this Rockruff was marketed as special.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Victini, Torchic, Beldum, Munchlax and now Rockruff. Gamefreak's really taken a liking to distributing event Pok?mon at release day.

Yup, Serebii just confirmed this is what's listed in Coro Coro. Kind of disappointed, makes the form lose it's lustre and feel like something locked behind an event.

It's probably breedable, just like BW's Zorua and Zoroark.

Last edited:

User19sq

Oi, deez eez fookin' boolsheet. Why does this new forme have to be locked behind an event?! Can't we just use a Dusk Stone on it, or something?!

User19sq

When you think about it, the Dusk Stone wouldn't suit it since it mainly evolves Ghost-types.

My point was: why lock this new forme? If USUM have additional features, which we all assume they do, then simply adding an area where Rockruff can specifically evolve into Dusk wouldn't be to far-fetched. The Dusk Stone just came to mind because, well, "Dusk" Lycanroc.

Years
  • I also have to inform everyone reading this thread that Dusk Form Lycanroc (and in fact, the US/UM launch event Rockruff) will be shiny-locked, so don't even think about soft-resetting for that.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I also have to inform everyone reading this thread that Dusk Form Lycanroc (and in fact, the US/UM launch event Rockruff) will be shiny-locked, so don't even think about soft-resetting for that.
    Will it have a set nature and characteristic too? I wouldn't be surprised if it did. GF seems to make decisions that i don't agree with personality. But it is their games so nothing that any of us can do about it.

Years
  • Will it have a set nature and characteristic too? I wouldn't be surprised if it did. GF seems to make decisions that i don't agree with personality. But it is their games so nothing that any of us can do about it.

If I recall correctly, the launch events of the past few games (X/Y Torchic, OR/AS Shiny Beldum and S/M Munchlax) all had a randomised nature, so make sure you soft reset if you don't want to be stuck with a bad nature.

Years
  • CoroCoro Reveals More Lycanroc Dusk Information

Dusk Form's details on the official English US/UM website!

Back