• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen CoroCoro Scans (May 13th) / Famitsu scans (May 14th) - discussion

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Yeah, doesn't mean we'll get authentic artwork for the pokedex... :/ as cool as that would be.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The artwork may not look authentic, but the spriting might be or almost be quite similar.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    I think we should all drop the comments on how bad the girl looks, it's been said more than enough. I think she looks cute, the hat is lovely and original, especially the bow. I love the Mario look and the adorable pigtails. And the 'bulge' is just how her shorts look. They're girl's shorts, which are usually quite tight, that's how you draw them. I see no bulge anywhere people, it's called a crotch.

Also, no Pokeball thingie on her hat xD Most (Female at least) protagonists have some kind of Pokeball pattern on their hats (May, Leaf, Dawn. I'm not sure about Kris though), but she has an adorable ribbon, I approve. Just the shoes seem kind of bare.

Anyway, based on the screenshots I say that there;s a pretty good chance that they made if possible for your first Poke to follow you around, the Pichu seems to be doing it.

And Mareep is gorgeous! I want it!
    Stantler is nice too, although I never liked either Wobbufet or Larvitar. Wooper looks a bit like he's retarded, but that's just him xD

Bz

*trying to lick elbow*
    Years
    off topic

hey, I know it's a little off topic but I heard that they decided to change the pokemon following you. They said it will not be your starter.
    It was said ether here or here
    Or maybe I'm just an idiot....oh well :-D

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Wooper looks adorable with its mouth shaping a more "0" look. As does Gligar and Stantler...Except, Teddiursa ins't so cool for me. I think they did a little too much with it and how it is positioned.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    hey, I know it's a little off topic but I heard that they decided to change the pokemon following you. They said it will not be your starter.
    It was said ether here or here
    Or maybe I'm just an idiot....oh well :-D
    Neither of them said that.

However, the second one said that the starter isn't the only Pokemon that can follow you. I'm guessing it's the Pokemon at the front of your party.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It states that the starter might not be the only Pokémon that follow syou because of the Pichu scans, so it is still uncertain.

Years
    Well, regarding the Picu event, ive had a thought. Maybe, seeing as in the small screenie picture thing, in Ilex Forest, theres two Pichu. This hints that you a. may be able to get Pichu early ingame, and b. other pokemon may follow you. This may be me, or it may be awesome. xD Discuss. By the way, thanks Mitchman, for these scans. <3

Years
    To the person who posted these scans, thank you. I really appreciate it. These scans have confirmed my decision on buying this game. I'll definitely buy it. I really like the details, and I would like to try having a starter follow me around. (If I don't want it to, I could always trade my Chikorita from Platinum into the game.) I'm actually kinda glad that they didn't make the new girl too likable, because now we can focus on Gold, who (IMO), looks the best out of all the playable males. The others look a little....feminine... Besides, the girl's hat is kinda cute. I don't mind if it's a big white hat as long as it's not another red hat. Yawn. I'm looking forward to seeing their actual sprites.

Last edited:

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    On the pokegear, looks like it has a camera attached to it. I picked up an old interview with Masuda

Are there any specific plans for Pokemon on the DSi?
    Masuda:
    We havn't really considered it, but we certainly feel as if something fun could be done by utilizing the camera.

So if they included the camera in HG/SS it's quite possible =]

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    To the person who posted these scans, thank you. I really appreciate it. These scans have confirmed my decision on buying this game. I'll definitely buy it. I really like the details, and I would like to try having a starter follow me around. (If I don't want it to, I could always trade my Chikorita from Platinum into the game.) I'm actually kinda glad that they didn't make the new girl too likable, because now we can focus on Gold, who (IMO), looks the best out of all the playable males. The others look a little....feminine... Besides, the girl's hat is kinda cute. I don't mind if it's a big white hat as long as it's not another red hat. Yawn. I'm looking forward to seeing their actual sprites.
    You are welcome. And you know before these scans I too was iffy bout this. But now seeing so many things and so many additions to the game made me go yes this will be bought. Also that poke-gear compels me.

On the pokegear, looks like it has a camera attached to it. I picked up an old interview with Masuda
    So if they included the camera in HG/SS it's quite possible =]
    You sure as hell are right bout the possible camera.
    CoroCoro Scans (May 13th) / Famitsu scans (May 14th) - discussion

Sure as hell does not look like the old Silph Co. S. Looks a lot like a concave lens.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    You are welcome. And you know before these scans I too was iffy bout this. But now seeing so many things and so many additions to the game made me go yes this will be bought. Also that poke-gear compels me.

You sure as hell are right bout the possible camera.

Sure as hell does not look like the old Silph Co. S. Looks a lot like a concave lens.

yep, he posted some interview links in his Director's Columns. It's the gamesradar site, 3rd page. That's where I got the source from.

Not really that smart, what's a concave len? oo

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Yeah true. Anyway Candy Heron's signature picture put 2 and 2 together and made my mind blow.

Now tell me they don't look like the perfect hero duo for Johto.

Back