• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Am I the only one who's going to run Froakie and Bulbasaur? I'm really undecided about my Kanto starter though, as there's so many mega-evolutions I want to run! Charizard X, Lucario, Mawile, etc. It's really hard to choose!

I happen to want to use those two starters on my team as well, it's like I'm always seeing people want a Charizard in my team due to how epic they found its Mega Evolutions to look. I'm hoping to see a good balance of what people here want to use in their teams because I know there may be a bit of favoritism towards certain Pokemon.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I happen to want to use those two starters on my team as well, it's like I'm always seeing people want a Charizard in my team due to how epic they found its Mega Evolutions to look. I'm hoping to see a good balance of what people here want to use in their teams because I know there may be a bit of favoritism towards certain Pokemon.

Well, at the moment I'm thinking:
    Chespin
    Fletchling
    Skrelp
    Honedge
    ????
    ????

The last two I'm just gonna pick randomly, hopefully I can find a cool Fairy type for one of those spots. Those 4 give me a good spread of types, maybe I could get Inkay and Slyveon too, that would be cool.

Sirfetch’d

I decided to change my secondary starter pick from Squirtle to Charmander because Mega Charizard is just too awesome to pass up.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    If only Venusaur and Blastoise would have two...Charizard is the favorite...being the mascot of both the jp and internatinal Gen 1 games, not being replaced in the international version nor in the remakes...unlike Venusaur and Blastoise whom have to share the spot as second mascot of Kanto...

Years
    I actually wonder about that...I heard Korea won't be getting them on the 12...so this Worldwide release isn't really world wide (not counting the early copies in Italy and Canada)...

Unfortunately the 'Worldwide Release' doesn't mean every single country that Nintendo ships to is going to get it on the 12th, only the major territories. The rest will have to wait till later. How long? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

As for me, I haven't been this excited about a Pokemon game in as long as I can remember. I'm really looking forward to discovering all the new Pokemon, and old favorites now in 3D along with whatever tweaks are made this gen. I'm also looking forward to building a team and actually doing a lot more online battling this time around.

Years
    If only Venusaur and Blastoise would have two...Charizard is the favorite...being the mascot of both the jp and internatinal Gen 1 games, not being replaced in the international version nor in the remakes...unlike Venusaur and Blastoise whom have to share the spot as second mascot of Kanto...

Yeah when I heard that Charizard was getting a second Mega form yet Venusaur (and presumably Blastoise as well) weren't I had a feeling Game Freak were taking the general fanbase's favoritism of Charizard into account. There's always one starter that will overshadow the other two.

bleri1200

Bleri
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    I pre-ordered Pokemon Y due to the fact that I love the way Yveltal looks! I hope the game will be good because I've been seeing reviews saying it has gotten gradually easier than the other games... This Wi will be the first pokemon game I will stay connected with wifi events and I am extremely excited! 6 DAYS

Years
    Yeah when I heard that Charizard was getting a second Mega form yet Venusaur (and presumably Blastoise as well) weren't I had a feeling Game Freak were taking the general fanbase's favoritism of Charizard into account. There's always one starter that will overshadow the other two.

So, it's pretty much confirmed then that Blastoise and Venasaur are not getting separate Megas? I was hoping they were just leaving it to be a surprise.

Years
    We still don't know if Venosaur and Blastoise really gonna have one form.
    Also we can complain that Blazikan is the only hoenn starter to get mega evo(by what we know for now).

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I think the fact that Venusaur and Blastoise's stones don't have a designated X or Y letter after them proves they only have one mega-evolution (this generation.) You never know, maybe next gen, and with the ability to do DLC now, maybe we'll get some megas as DLC?

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
    Lucky for me, a buddy is going to help me get X while he gets Y. I'm excited, haven't been as much since the release of B/W 1. I'm disappointed in the starters final forms though....so I'll be getting Froakie since its last form looks better. As for Kanto starter, damn I wanna choose Charmander based on its X form...but Charmander is so damn widely chosen.

Years
    I think the fact that Venusaur and Blastoise's stones don't have a designated X or Y letter after them proves they only have one mega-evolution (this generation.) You never know, maybe next gen, and with the ability to do DLC now, maybe we'll get some megas as DLC?

you got a picture of their mega stone?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    you got a picture of their mega stone?

I don't have the picture personally, but I did see Venusaur's when the guy was streaming gameplay footage, as for Blastoise, it's what I remember reading.

Years
    I don't have the picture personally, but I did see Venusaur's when the guy was streaming gameplay footage, as for Blastoise, it's what I remember reading.

If its true I'm really disappointed, even though Charizard is my favorite pokemon it feel unfair that he the only kanto starter to get two forms...

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    If its true I'm really disappointed, even though Charizard is my favorite pokemon it feel unfair that he the only kanto starter to get two forms...

Couldn't agree more. I feel the same way about it. Like I said previously though, with the possibility of DLC, they might add more later on. Then there's also the possibility of seeing more pop up if they do a third game/sequel to these. Or maybe next gen, unless they plan on keeping this mega-stuff a Kalos region thing only.

Years
    Couldn't agree more. I feel the same way about it. Like I said previously though, with the possibility of DLC, they might add more later on. Then there's also the possibility of seeing more pop up if they do a third game/sequel to these. Or maybe next gen, unless they plan on keeping this mega-stuff a Kalos region thing only.

Oh you are right! I forgot DLC, but to be honest I'm more concern that kanto starters and blazikan are the only starters to get mega, I hope I'm wrong...

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I'm actually glad Blastoise is not getting a 2nd Mega. I have Y and want to choose Squirtle, if a 2nd Mega existed, it would have been exclusive to X and that would ruin my whole team. The current Mega is just freakin' awesome.

I hope trainer rematches make a return. This makes training easier and fun.
    Also I'm curious what battle facility we're getting. We haven't actually seen something like a Battle Tower on the map, or perhaps it is located beneath the clouds...

Sirfetch’d

I'm actually glad Blastoise is not getting a 2nd Mega. I have Y and want to choose Squirtle, if a 2nd Mega existed, it would have been exclusive to X and that would ruin my whole team. The current Mega is just freakin' awesome.

Also I'm curious what battle facility we're getting. We haven't actually seen something like a Battle Tower on the map, or perhaps it is located beneath the clouds...

I was actually disappointed that the other two didn't get alternate Mega Evolutions because it just didn't seem fair, but Charizard is the popular choice so it makes sense I guess. I can't wait to use my Mega Charizard X!

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Yeah! I hope they come back too. I also hope they don't pull that same crap they've been doing with making gym leader rematches only appear in third versions. That is just plain old annoying, and I think it's a gimmick that's just really getting old now. Definitely need to have another facility for battling. I think we'll be getting something though. Would be odd not to at this point, if you ask me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back