• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Six daysssss, almost into the week that the games are actually released. ~ times flies!

I won't leak anything buuuut I've seen a couple of the new Mega Evolutions and they look awesome.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I pre-ordered Y yesterday. Not long now...not long now.

Had X on pre-order since April but switched retailer earlier this morning because the first one wouldn't guarantee release date delivery.

Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Mid night digital release is the only way to go.

Even though I'll sleep anyway so there's no point lol.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I'll be migrating Ivysaur and Charmeleon from Black 2 to Y (although it is not possible until December). Then I only have to find the Mega Stone that belong to them and POOF! Mega Kanto Starters =]

What if the Tower of Mastery is the new Battle facility? Maybe we'll face trainers with Mega evolutions! Neat!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I knew that they would release these games digitally at some point, but I honestly wasn't aware that they were going to do it this soon. If I was, then I probably wouldn't have pre-ordered Pokémon Y—I most likely would've downloaded it from the eShop as soon as it was released. I could request to cancel my order and get my money back, but… I just don't want to go through all that hassle. xD They may not send me the game immediately on the release, but I will definitely get it the next day, that's for sure.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm still going for the retail version over the eshop version, although you can download it from midnight it does require a lot of data and time to actually download to your device.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
    I pre-orderd my pokemon y since april and i still am planning to get Y but i want charizard x so i wonder if someone will trade its mega stone to me. I really hope so.

*Riolu Master*

The Aura Within
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    Oh my gawd. Literally 6 more day until X and Y come out. I remember when I was so excited for Diamond and Pearl.

Years
    I'm still going for the retail version over the eshop version, although you can download it from midnight it does require a lot of data and time to actually download to your device.
    At least for me I could download it in under 10 minutes because I have a good download speed, however if I were to go the route of the eshop, then I probably would have a sleepless night, which is why I'm holding myself back and getting the retail version as well.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Mid night digital release is the only way to go.

Even though I'll sleep anyway so there's no point lol.

I feel like the area I live in is the only one that never has a midnight release for Pokemon. :( Not sure that I'd go anyways, but it'd be nice if they did them for these games. Ah well, there's still Arkham Origins for that at the end of the month. {:3}

I've got a tab open with all of the Pokemon that have been revealed so far, but I'm not looking at it. It's so tempting... aaarrr!

Years

Well, I downloaded Animal Crossing New Leaf at midnight, also a very large game, and it didn't really take all that long, certainly less time than going to a store and back unless you have one literally up the street. But I'm going physical copy also this time just because going to midnight releases are fun. :)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    There is no midnight release in my area either :/
    i ordered my game on Amazon, because apparently they send it to you on Friday...
    and even if i dont get it till saturday, that would still be ok

I honestly think i've never been so excited about a game release before :D

Years
    I would love to have a midnight release near me. I'm in Orlando, FL... and when I asked a gamestop if they were doing a midnight release they said "ummm, we don't normally do it for pokemon games because they're... for kids"

Meanwhile, I am pretty far from being a youngster, and would love to find somebody that is midnight releasing. Where have you guys found midnight release happening?

Also, are there any concerns that the eShop may be crashed by all of the people trying to download XY? This will be interesting to see. I would download it, but I think I enjoy having an actual cart, book and case too much. I may have to just wait until saturday morning. : /

Years
    I know this is probably an odd question but does anyone know if the regular trainer will have Pokemon with varied levels? In Black & White, every trainer had Pokemon of the exact same level and it was something I thought they had stopped doing since Red and Blue? I know it's not a big thing but it was always cool to battle a trainer and have a unique sorta feel about it instead of fighting a trainer or several in 1 area with Pokemon at like...level 12.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    It's better for balance. You ever played G/S/C/HG/SS? The level balance there is terrible. You get trainers that are really easy and then some that will just wreck your **** (particularly at the end game) it's annoying and they don't even offer a lot of EXP. Gen 2 had by far the worst level distribution in any Pokemon game, especially since the wild pokemon themselves are always low levelled. (Like 10 levels lower than what your party normally should be.)

Gen 3 and 1 probably had the best balance I'd say, gen 4 being close too. Hope gen 6 takes it up a notch.

Years
    It's better for balance. You ever played G/S/C/HG/SS? The level balance there is terrible. You get trainers that are really easy and then some that will just wreck your **** (particularly at the end game) it's annoying and they don't even offer a lot of EXP. Gen 2 had by far the worst level distribution in any Pokemon game, especially since the wild pokemon themselves are always low levelled. (Like 10 levels lower than what your party normally should be.)

Gen 3 and 1 probably had the best balance I'd say, gen 4 being close too. Hope gen 6 takes it up a notch.

Yeah 2nd Gen were really bad with the levels. Level grinding in Johto was nothing but hell due to the very weak wild Pokemon. Thankfully 5th Gen gave us easy access to fighting Audino so we could gain levels faster, and with the Lucky Egg it was made even better since you got it for free like mid-way through the game.

You know, I sorta agree with 3rd and 4th Gen having good balance. 5th Gen (well for just B2/W2 that is, B/W was still a bit bad) comes close as well.

(In Australia)
    Great Flapping Fearows!
    only 5 days to go. {D:}
    I'm so excited. ^^

Yeah, and it's even more exciting that Australia/New Zealand will be getting the games first on the release day due to the timezones.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back