• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    For me, I'm at least 15-20 minutes away from the GameStop I plan to my copy from (since it's a large store), but the closest one to me is only about 5 minutes away. (just to answer the post above me)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    How close are your local game stores? Mine's over an hour away. :(
    To drive an hour to buy a game...one has to be a dedicated fan to drive two hours (one to there and another on the way back)...

For me...well we have a game stop like a ten minute drive from here. We also have a best buy which is the same distance, and Walmart and several other retailers that focus on multiple areas (not just games or electronics) sell it too...btw the Walmart and Gamestop are very close to each other...so one can chose either one...never realized how in the center my home is...

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I can go pass by my local store in 15 minutes when I jog saturday. But I'm getting it digital anyway so I'll keep my usual route lol.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Well it appears stores are getting their copies in already...so they'll just have to process it (I'm guessing this is how the process goes as keeping track of who pre-ordered will be a hassle if they don't have some naming or processing method in place) and put it to the side then they can contact you :3

My store registered my name with a game card every customer gets. Points will deposited on the card to save them and eventually to get a discount on games you buy there. Idk if I will get my game early, they are one of the largest gaming company in the Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg) so releasing an important game too early is not so plausible I think.
    Although I got my pre-ordered copy of Pearl one day before the actual release date back in 2007. I can't remember where I ordered it, though...

How close are your local game stores? Mine's over an hour away. :(

Over an hour?! Where the heck do you live XD

Mine is like 6 minutes if I go by bike. We have other toy stores who sell games. Let's see, 3 other stores sell X and Y where I live.
    Sadly, there is no Gamestop or Target or Walmart here. :(

Last edited:
    Years
    To drive an hour to buy a game...one has to be a dedicated fan to drive two hours (one to there and another on the way back)...
    It could also be a possibility that some of us live in a rural area and don't have the best internet for digital download :P but idk if they actually live in a rural area..

Years
    It could also be a possibility that some of us live in a rural area and don't have the best internet for digital download :P but idk if they actually live in a rural area..
    I can imagine it'll take as long to download it as driving if one has a bad connection...especially considering the size of the game...so yeah...driving seems to be the only option for some.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Over an hour?! Where the heck do you live XD

Mine is like 6 minutes if I go by bike. We have other toy stores who sell games. Let's see, 3 other stores sell X and Y where I live.
    Sadly, there is no Gamestop or Target or Walmart here. :(

I live in the outskirts of a small, disconnected city in Northern Sweden.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I live in the outskirts of a small, disconnected city in Northern Sweden.

That explains a lot. I'm glad the Netherlands is so densely populated!

Do you guys got a little bonus by pre-ordering? I will get a small Pokéball in which I can store my cartridges as soon as I pick up my game.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    That explains a lot. I'm glad the Netherlands is so densely populated!

Do you guys got a little bonus by pre-ordering? I will get a small Pokéball in which I can store my cartridges as soon as I pick up my game.

I think it depends on the retailer. Mine also is giving out the Pokeball cartridge holder.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Take it from me, if you want to play a game day one so bad, don't rely on online retailers. Unless you're willing to pay extra.

I got UMvC3 and Street Fighter x Tekken a week after everyone else. It was a damn pain.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    My nearest game retailer is about 30 minute drive from where I am. Takes same time with public transport which I will be taking. It's a shame they don't give any pre-order bonuses here in Austria.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    I've looked at almost all of the spoilers so far, and while I don't really like to plan my team ahead of time I am thinking of looking at the full pokédex and thinking of some team ideas.

Years
    I'd say I've done fairly well so far in avoiding spoilers, I've discovered the champion and the Elite Four types (accidently) but other than that it's unknown!
    Congrats, you've done a better job than I :D! I spoiled those two things, the starters finals..., and a few Pokemon...that's it though.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Playing Kid Icarus Uprising (as in, the best 3DS game) so time goes by faster. Got two exams this week though, so there's no time for hype!

...although since Kid Icarus is so good I fear even when X/Y releases I'll keep playing it instead lol.

I'm also playing Kid Icarus! I bought it when Chugga started his Let's Play!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back