• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I'd say I've done fairly well so far in avoiding spoilers, I've discovered the champion and the Elite Four types (accidently) but other than that it's unknown!

Me neither, in the start I didn't thought I will do well and spoil everything, but I'm so busy so it really easy for me to avoid spoilers. Theonly thing I saw was the starter's evos

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
    Years
    Our gamestop is doing a midnight release, and it's about a ten minute drive. I'll go up there at like, 10:30, or 11.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'm also playing Kid Icarus! I bought it when Chugga started his Let's Play!
    Enjoy, it's one of the best games of this generation. Very brilliantly made and I recommend it to anyone who bought a 3DS for Pokemon. Easily the best 3DS game, with Luigi's Mansion 2 behind.

Just be careful, since it's so good you'll be absorbed to the point you'll forget X/Y exists and stop caring. OK clearly hyperbole, but it's really good.

Years
    My gosh, only 5 days left! The wait is definitely getting more tense for me.

I have to get through 4 days straight of working starting tomorrow but I'm free on Saturday and once that day starts, I'll go up to Gamestop to my pre-ordered copy of Pokemon Y and probably play all day starting with Chespin if possible :) So it'll be worth it!

Luckily, I just bought a 3DS this past weekend (midnight purple!) so at least I can spend my time waiting by trying to get used to and playing around with that.

Last edited:

ProjectMisfit

Years
    What actually happens at a midnight release?

It depends. Some midnight releases have events, or food. Or they get to play the games before midnight. I'm really just going to hang out, plus mcdonalds is right next to gamestop here, so I can eat too.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Dude I don't like staying up late. I'm fixated on being healthy, mind you lol. I don't even play games more than 30 minutes a session.

But it's a weekend!!! Are you insane?

It depends. Some midnight releases have events, or food. Or they get to play the games before midnight. I'm really just going to hang out, plus mcdonalds is right next to gamestop here, so I can eat too.

Do you watch the anime and stuff there or is that too 'childish'? I suppose what I'm acting is, is it treated like srs bznz by staff?

Can you send me some McDonalds please? ♥

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    Even if the store near my area did a midnight release, I probably wouldn't go. It would be too late to play and it would be much more enjoyable playing during the daytime rather than the early hours of the morning... in my opinion.

Years
    I've got an auto extrication class at a small town an hour away from where I live from 8am-5pm the day of release. I pre-ordered a copy of Pokemon X. My GameStop is having a release event but he didn't say what time it starts. If possible I might try to go over before my class instead of after.

Edit: Alas, my GameStop isn't doing a midnight launch event, just an early opening event at 11am while I'm an hour away. GAH. Guess I'll have to wait until 6pm-ish.

Last edited:

ProjectMisfit

Years
    Do you watch the anime and stuff there or is that too 'childish'? I suppose what I'm acting is, is it treated like srs bznz by staff?

Can you send me some McDonalds please? ♥

Pfft, childish! I love anime, and cartoons xD Some people think it's childish here, but I find it proper to watch/play whatever I enjoy. I'm probably always gonna be into this kinda stuff. And yeah, they take it seriously, but they have fun with it. I believe they volunteer for midnight releases too.

And of course! Mcdonalds party :3

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Pfft, childish! I love anime, and cartoons xD Some people think it's childish here, but I find it proper to watch/play whatever I enjoy. I'm probably always gonna be into this kinda stuff. And yeah, they take it seriously, but they have fun with it. I believe they volunteer for midnight releases too.

And of course! Mcdonalds party :3

I think I might stay up late Thursday night (praying that X comes on Friday!) and watch all of the Pokemon DVDs I have. There aren't many released here. :(

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    This sounds like a method of torture.
    There are exceptions. Mostly when I buy games on release I could extend the session to an hour or even more. Probably what I'll do with X/Y
    But it's a weekend!!! Are you insane?
    You guys are the only ones insane here! Pizzas and monsters drink on MIDNIGHT? How do you wake up? lol

Besides I got a weekly jog to do as well, so can't stay up late. :P

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Originally thought I'd be getting the game on the 14th but now there's a slim chance I'll be able to get it on the 12th. My hype is going through the roof right now.

ProjectMisfit

Years
    Razo, where are you from? :3 And that sounds like an excellent idea. I might whip out the ole pokemon VHS tapes and watch those.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back