• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    The latest, to be honest, that I can see myself waking up, is at least somewhere between 6:30am to 7am, since I'm just that excited :p but I really want to be at GameStop by 10am so that I can just spend the rest of my Saturday playing Y and doing nothing else (except of course pausing to eat dinner)

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    I won't be able to pick up my copy until sometime in the evening on Saturday. Fortunately the area where I live doesn't have a large volume of video gamers, so there should be plenty of extra copies left at whichever store I go to.

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
    Years
    I dare someone to set a tent up outside of Gamestop a hour or two before it opens, and set a sign on the tent saying ''BRB in time for Pokemon''

HUF_DBC

I think the only time I've been this excited is when i was for Emerald. It was my first cartridge game. Luckily Emerald didn't disappoint, then again no Pokemon game ever has (for me at least. I know when It hits that last day I'm going to be unable to contain myself! I feel this will be the best Pokemon game yet!

Years
    I pre-ordered from Amazon, so I will get it around the 15th-18th. However, I've got three midterms coming up. I won't be able to dedicate too much time to play. I'll just pick it up and play when I'm taking a break. Dammit, it's like my Uni lecturers know I want to play Pokemon so they set their midterms for the same week... The way this semester is looking, I may have to wait until the Christmas holidays to start playing seriously.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I am so ticked right now. I have to coach my little brothers basketball team on Saturday, and the game starts at 9:20. It sucks because it means I will have to wait until 10-11 to get my hands on a copy. Still super hyped though!

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I dare someone to set a tent up outside of Gamestop a hour or two before it opens, and set a sign on the tent saying ''BRB in time for Pokemon''

We won't have a tent, but my friends and I are definitely going to Gamestop before it opens to wait outside. The Gamestop we're going to is in a mall, so setting up a tent would cause some problems. XD

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I'm definitely going to try and get it ASAP on Saturday. I don't think there's going to be a midnight release though, so I'll just go really early in the morning. :) Now that we're getting closer to launch I'm getting so excited lol. xD

ProjectMisfit

Years
    We won't have a tent, but my friends and I are definitely going to Gamestop before it opens to wait outside. The Gamestop we're going to is in a mall, so setting up a tent would cause some problems. XD

Even better! Camping in the mall! Yeah, I'm to lazy to set up a tent at ours. Plus I'm gonna try to get a girls number while I'm there. What better way to meet nerdy girls than a midnight release for a pokemon game?

blue

gucci
    Years
    Four days, whaaat!

So I thought it would be kinda fun to have a themed question for each day up until the release, I know there's only four days to go now but it still might be a fun way to pass the time a little!

Question for today: Which version will you guys be getting! Pokémon X or Pokémon Y?

I'll be getting Pokémon X version, I chose that right from the start and up until now, my decision hasn't been swayed.. yet.

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
    I'm getting X AND Y, X for me, for my sister (both paid by me in gift cards, lol ) I plan to get her to trade me a skrelp ASAP in return for swirlix.

Last edited:

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
    I'll buy Y because I like Yveltal much more than Xerneas. Also, I don't appreciate and support the bias towards X. X gets the cooler MegaCharizard and the Fairy Legendary which is just easy mode for one of the E4... Further, I prefer Dragalge over Clawitzer.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Like I said in my first post here, I'm getting Pokémon Y. I've had it pre-ordered two to three weeks ago on GameStop, and it should be arriving at my front door immediately on the release. :) If I don't get it on the release day, then they'll most likely send the game to me the next day. I may get Pokémon X as well at some point in the future, but I'm not totally sure. If I do decide to get it, then I'll get my hands on it three - four months after I'm done with Y. Since I'm getting Pokémon Y as a physical copy, I may have X digitally. I've never downloaded any games on my 3DS before, so this should be my first time.

Last edited:

ProjectMisfit

Years
    Like I said in my first post here, I'm getting Pokémon Y. I've had it pre-ordered two to three weeks ago on GameStop, and it should be arriving at my front door immediately on the release. :) If I don't get it on the release day, then they'll most likely send the game to me the next day. I may get Pokémon X as well at some point in the future, but I'm not totally sure. If I do decide to get it, then I'll get my hands on it three - four months after I'm done with Y. Since I'm getting Pokémon Y as a physical copy, I may have X digitally. I've never download any games on my 3DS before, so this should be my first time.

Sounds good. Having it delivered would be nice too~ I'm impatient though, so going at midnight, hue.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I feel bad for Egbert in my animal crossing new leaf town. 14th October is a bad time to be having a birthday.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I will get Y version, just because I prefer Yveltal. I also tend to go for the 2nd game of a pair, as l chose Pearl over Diamond and White over Black. It doesn't actually really matter which version you're having, you'll be able to get all the version exclusives anyway by GTS.

Also, I hope game version differences influences te main game a whole lot more. I like it how they did that in Gen V. Different cities, different styles, different maps and different Gym Leaders depending on which version you got. Maybe different E4 members?
    Talking about the E4, do you think we get the same option like in Gen V who you want to battle of the Elite Four. I personally hope X and Y will do the standard method again, just proceeding through every room. It gives a bigger feeling of being trapped and you must battle for your freedom.

Years
    Yes! 4 days left! The days just keep getting closer and closer to release! :D

If I had spare money from Christmas, then for sure I wouldn't mind getting Y version either.. just to not be bored between breaks from school.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back