• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cows. Cows everywhere.<< Harvest Moon Fan club >>.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
title.jpg

Introduction

Well, Hello there!​
This is a fan club for everyone who like the Harvest Moon serie. This is a place where you can talk about any subjects (HM related)! No matter which game you have or how many time you have played. Everybody who want to participate are more than welcome :]​
And if you are like "Harvest what?", Harvest Moon is a serie of a farm simulation where you can grow crops, raise animals, get married, have children, and see your town evolve. There is a lot of different HM, games, from SNES to 3DS.​

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules

1. Follow all PC rules and FC&G rules.
2. Please respect each other. Everyone can have his opinion. This is a place to share, not to be crushed :)
3. Please stay on topic, and quote the members when you have many discussion in same time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:

Members

Mawa (owner)
なぎ

Hero of Twilight
Lisia
RedJ
Juno
thedestinedblade
Jayce
Mochi
Ruma
MythMonster
Cream
Loriana
Dots
Sheep

Members can use this in there signature if they want to -->
image.jpg

This thread is simple and not that beautiful, because, well... I am not very good at that!! Sorry :]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
i only played a couple HM games, and only one really seriously. but i'll be your first member nonetheless!

Username: なぎ
Favorite character: Grey, my first and only in-game husband!
Favorite HM game: Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town
3DS friend code: 4441-9212-2433
Are you playing an HM game these days?
not at the moment; i'm busy with tons of other games (and juggling school and everything of course, haha). but i'd definitely consider playing one of the 3DS versions sometime soon!

Last edited:

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
i've only played a couple games as well, and only one have i gotten really far in one but sign me up anyway!

Username: Hero of Twilight
Favourite character: Celia. the first person i tried to marry in-game before i moved to leia
Favorite game: Harvest Moon DS
3DS code: N/A
Are you playing?: Sadly no. My DS copy of the game was a friends and about I year after a got it he wanted them back again. I still have Magical Melody, but my Wii is broken so I can't play that either. Perhaps I'll find an emulator for the DS game

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
i only played a couple HM games, and only one really seriously. but i'll be your first member nonetheless!

Username: なぎ
Favorite character: Grey, my first and only in-game husband!
Favorite HM game: Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town
3DS friend code: 4441-9212-2433
Are you playing an HM game these days?
not at the moment; i'm busy with tons of other games (and juggling school and everything of course, haha). but i'd definitely consider playing one of the 3DS versions sometime soon!

Oh, Grey, so you played More friends of Mineral town? that's nice! I am a girl but I always played the boy version unless I played the newest version when you can choose which gender you want :)

i've only played a couple games as well, and only one have i gotten really far in one but sign me up anyway!

Username: Hero of Twilight
Favourite character: Celia. the first person i tried to marry in-game before i moved to leia
Favorite game: Harvest Moon DS
3DS code: N/A
Are you playing?: Sadly no. My DS copy of the game was a friends and about I year after a got it he wanted them back again. I still have Magical Melody, but my Wii is broken so I can't play that either. Perhaps I'll find an emulator for the DS game

Oh HMDS is one of my favorite!! I lost my game too, that's too bad :/ I love A wonderful Life and both version a alike, they have a lot of the same characters. I married Celia in my first AWL game. And for the emulator Friend of mineral Town is one of my favorite HM game, I recommand it a lot! And N64 isn't bad at all too! (I have to say I love the SNES one too.. and GBA 1, 2 and 3... ok well I love them all)

You are both in! ;) Thank you!

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
yeah, exactly! when i was little, my father bought me and my brother A Wonderful Life for Gamecube. and i played it a bit, but couldn't really get into it (partly because it was difficult and partly because i was a boy and had to court girls). i just didn't like it.
later, he got us a GBA emulator with Friends of Mineral Town, so once i learned there was also a female version, i downloaded that instead. i played that LOTS! i don't have the save file anymore though, cause i only played through it once. but i still have a GBA emulator on my computer now and every once in awhile i'll play. i always start over though.

Harvest Moon DS i didn't play, although i did download Harvest Moon DS Cute (again, the female version haha) but it seemed to be about the same game as More Friends of Mineral Town, or at least with the same characters, so i didn't play it any further.

Last edited:

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
trying to get a GBA emulator for a harvest moon game. would you recommend Friends of Mineral Town or More Friends of Mineral town?

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
trying to get a GBA emulator for a harvest moon game. would you recommend Friends of Mineral Town or More Friends of Mineral town?

depends.. ''Are you a boy or a girl?'' haha.
they're effectively the same game but from a boy (FoMT) or girl (MFoMT) perspective. i think cause it came out later the girl version has a few extra features? but not sure what they are exactly.

Years
Username: Lisia
Favorite character: Popuri
Popuri_portrait_(FoMT).png

Favorite HM game: Friends of Mineral Town
3DS friend code: 5026-4611-0782
*Optional --> Are you playing an HM game these days? Unfortunately no. The second half of last year I replayed FoMT for the heck of it, however. In all honesty, that's the only HM game I've played so far since my friend gave me the game seven years ago... Though I've seen tidbits of just about every Harvest Moon game cuz my friend has practically played them all, haha! I don't think I know the details about how the series has evolved all these years...

Hrmm... what should our discussion topic be? Oh yeah! Isn't Story of Seasons releasing in March for North America? I'm not sure about Europe's release date.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
depends.. ''Are you a boy or a girl?'' haha.

Omg I love this answer!

Like なぎ said, both game are the same but one is the boy version and the other is the girl version.
As a girl, I had the boy version and I love it!!! (I am now playing the girl version and love it too, it is the same but you don't marry the same gender. For the extra feature, apparently there is but I don't know them :/ Internet might tell you. I don't think they are big changes.)

Username: Lisia
Favorite character: Popuri
Popuri_portrait_(FoMT).png

3DS friend code: 5026-4611-0782
*Optional --> Are you playing an HM game these days? Unfortunately no. The second half of last year I replayed FoMT for the heck of it, however. In all honesty, that's the only HM game I've played so far since my friend gave me the game seven years ago... Though I've seen tidbits of just about every Harvest Moon game cuz my friend has practically played them all, haha! I don't think I know the details about how the series has evolved all these years...

Hrmm... what should our discussion topic be? Oh yeah! Isn't Story of Seasons releasing in March for North America? I'm not sure about Europe's release date.

Hello!! :) You are in!!
Friends of mineral town, IMO the best one (or one of the best). Popuri was my first FoMT wife!! (but now I don't really like her anymore XD )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And so, for the topic, yupp I think it is march (10th?)
It is out in Japan since 2014.

Do you think you'll give it a try?

I'll sure do because I play all the HM games I can :) [I haven't played The lost valley yet tho, but.. I doesn't look that good and my friend told me to wait to Story of season instead of spend my money on TLV because the game isn't "bad" but it is not really good... Just look at a video of the game, it is not like the other HM games, but you may like it, even prefert it!! I just don't ;) ]

I'll gonna buy the eshop version because I have some money from christmas on it, but I wanted to pre-order it I want a HM plushie for one time T_T

Years
Hello!! :) You are in!!
Friends of mineral town, IMO the best one (or one of the best). Popuri was my first FoMT wife!! (but now I don't really like her anymore XD )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And so, for the topic, yupp I think it is march (10th?)
It is out in Japan since 2014.

Do you think you'll give it a try?

I'll sure do because I play all the HM games I can :) [I haven't played The lost valley yet tho, but.. I doesn't look that good and my friend told me to wait to Story of season instead of spend my money on TLV because the game isn't "bad" but it is not really good... Just look at a video of the game, it is not like the other HM games, but you may like it, even prefert it!! I just don't ;) ]

I'll gonna buy the eshop version because I have some money from christmas on it, but I wanted to pre-order it I want a HM plushie for one time T_T
Popuri was my first wife in FoMT as well... way back when I played the game for the first time as a kid. I don't really know why I liked her then or why she continues to remain my favorite. Perhaps for the same nostalgia reasons Charmander remains my favorite Kanto starter?

I may very well try Story of Seasons! Isn't the Lost Valley... only a Harvest Moon game in name only? I remember reading an article saying that TLV wasn't developed by Marvelous, the studio that was responsible for making what we knew as Harvest Moon games for two decades. To be blunt, I don't care to use my money on a knockoff Harvest Moon... So I probably won't be buying TLV. :p

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I may very well try Story of Seasons! Isn't the Lost Valley... only a Harvest Moon game in name only? I remember reading an article saying that TLV wasn't developed by Marvelous, the studio that was responsible for making what we knew as Harvest Moon games for two decades. To be blunt, I don't care to use my money on a knockoff Harvest Moon... So I probably won't be buying TLV. :p

Yup it is not the Marvelous!
TLV look like a "mincraft-moon". Apparently you start in the winter and it stay the winter until you do... I don't remember what but you have to do something special to 'unlock" the other seasons. Who like winter in HM!? (Well, except in FoMT because you have an extra mine. I loooooove mining...)

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
in my case, my favourite female character from FoMT was Ann! and i would've also liked Mary if it wasn't for the fact she had the most adorable heart events with Grey all the time (ノ>▽<。)ノ

i actually haven't played any of the 3DS versions yet, though i have watched a lot of gameplay videos of Story of Seasons in Japanese a while back. i don't know if i'll get it yet though... but maybe. it does seem like fun!

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
i actually haven't played any of the 3DS versions yet, though i have watched a lot of gameplay videos of Story of Seasons in Japanese a while back. i don't know if i'll get it yet though... but maybe. it does seem like fun!

I have to say, I prefer non-3DS HM games waaaaaaaay better. But New Begginning is pretty good, better than the 3DS games before that.
I think it is the graphics. There is something (for me) unforgettable about FoMT...

Years
Username: RedJ
Favorite character: Ann
3DS friend code: 1805-2947-4305 (although I don't have any of the 3DS Harvest Moons yet)
*Optional --> Are you playing an HM game these days? I haven't played any recently, but I'm actually planning on firing up Friends of Mineral Town once I post this :P

I'm interested in Story of Seasons, but it'll probably have to wait with so many other games coming out around the same time. The Lost Valley...not so much.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Username: RedJ
Favorite character: Ann
3DS friend code: 1805-2947-4305 (although I don't have any of the 3DS Harvest Moons yet)
*Optional --> Are you playing an HM game these days? I haven't played any recently, but I'm actually planning on firing up Friends of Mineral Town once I post this :P

I'm interested in Story of Seasons, but it'll probably have to wait with so many other games coming out around the same time. The Lost Valley...not so much.

Hello Redj! :) You are in!! Don't hesitate to ask questions and to talk to us!

Ohhh FoMT is really popular :3

:

: a question for all club members :) ::

Do you remember the farest you where in any HM game?

I think mine was in FoMT, I only missed two jewels of truth. Maybe something like year 4 ?
For AWL it was year 3 or 4 too.
And I think HM DS was like year 6
(these are my 3 favorite HM games)

Years
Do you remember the farest you where in any HM game?

I think mine was in FoMT, I only missed two jewels of truth. Maybe something like year 4 ?
For AWL it was year 3 or 4 too.
And I think HM DS was like year 6
(these are my 3 favorite HM games)

I think I was about year 5 in my oldest FoMT save file. Nothing particularly special. Wife, kid, fully expanded house and animal buildings. I don't think I got all the jewels of truth.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
eee joining!

Username: Juno
Favorite character: Ellie - my FoMT wife, she was so adorable. ^^ I never married anyone else, even though I've played it a couple times, haha. I also really liked the Harvest Sprites in FoMT, budum.
Favorite HM game: Friends of Mineral Town! I'm glad to see so many other fans of this one, I loved this game to death.
3DS friend code: 4725 8142 5765
Are you playing an HM game these days? No! The last one I played was either Tree of Tranquility or Tale of Two Towns, actually, which was a really long time ago. Still, I have such fond memories of this series, particularly FoMT. :D

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
eee joining!

Username: Juno
Favorite character: Ellie - my FoMT wife, she was so adorable. ^^ I never married anyone else, even though I've played it a couple times, haha. I also really liked the Harvest Sprites in FoMT, budum.
Favorite HM game: Friends of Mineral Town! I'm glad to see so many other fans of this one, I loved this game to death.
3DS friend code: 4725 8142 5765
Are you playing an HM game these days? No! The last one I played was either Tree of Tranquility or Tale of Two Towns, actually, which was a really long time ago. Still, I have such fond memories of this series, particularly FoMT. :D

Hello :)
You are in!! Budum ^_^
I agree with you, I was friend with a lot of Harvest Sprites in this game, they were the best! ^^
I was sad when I learned they only have two harvest spirits in ANB :(

Another FoMT fan, yaay :D
This game is really a good one!!
I never played ToT :(
And TOTT wasn't bad at all!

And do you remember how far you where in the game? :)

Years
I saw this parody movie trailer for Harvest Moon and I thought you guys might like it. If this was an actual movie and had the entire cast of NPCs, I'd totally want to see it. xD

Back