• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Crossroads ; A Johto Story (OOC/SU) old thread

RSC Cooper Inc

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Years
Is there room for me to join as well? If Fennekin is the only Pokemon I can pick right now, then I will gladly take it, but I won't reserve it just in case someone doesn't follow through with their reservation.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Is there room for me to join as well? If Fennekin is the only Pokemon I can pick right now, then I will gladly take it, but I won't reserve it just in case someone doesn't follow through with their reservation.
A PC-newbie, huh? :3 Sure, we'll reserve you for Fennekin for now, but if TD or Greiger doesn't show up on time, you'll be the first person to claim Totodile or Froakie if you wish.

Have you roleplayed somewhere else before? :3

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Oh, welcome to PC, Cooper! It's nice seeing a fresh face here ^^ We're a friendly bunch, so don't be afraid of asking us anything if you need help :3 And Red, as "Special and helpful items", does that include non-game items as well? Like, you specifically mentioned a tent, so I'm imagining it'd be possible to buy a tent somewhere in the game at some point, if you'd be able to make the money for it :P But I'm just guessing here!

Oh, and just so we're clear, we -do- have like, a couple potions and curative items like burn heals, paralyze heals, antidotes, etc?

RSC Cooper Inc

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Years
A PC-newbie, huh? :3 Sure, we'll reserve you for Fennekin for now, but if TD or Greiger doesn't show up on time, you'll be the first person to claim Totodile or Froakie if you wish.

Have you roleplayed somewhere else before? :3

Not for about a year, but I've done a few roleplays on a much smaller forum, Ludicom, as well as some small plots on Neopets' boards. I've done some personal projects as well, like some character and plot designs.
It's been a while since I've done anything with a community, and I'm looking to jump back in.

I'll stick with the Fennekin, actually. I have a great way to let it fit with my character.

Name: Nathan Cooper
Starter: Fennekin, with Thief(Fang-Lin)

Appearance:
2DXQzqV.png
Nate has a bit of a round face structure, though he is somewhat scrawny. He has good mucle tone, however. He stands at 5'11" His blonde hair is shaved but that isn't obvious anyway because he keeps a yellow skull cap over it and a dull, orange cap over that. The cap has an odd, yellow symbol on the front that looks like it might symbolize a portal of some kind. Really, it is just a splatter of paint. Nate wears a long-sleeved, dark gray shirt with a dull, blue fleece vest over it. His pants are gray cargo pants that have multiple scuffs all over them and a long gash that runs from the pocket to the knee on the left leg. It is mostly sown together, but the threading has come undone in the center of the tear. Nate wears an odd backpack that is simply an open cylinder of fabric with a draw string at the top. He often wears thin, black gloves with grips on the palm and fingers.

Family: Nate's parents own an apartment building on the Northwest corner of the city. He and his family live in the bottom apartment. His brother, Ristar, is two years older and left on his own journey when he turned 16. Nate's parents have never connected well with him, and often will allow him to have his own time out in the city. Because of this, Nate spends most of his time in the wooded area behind the apartment building.
Goals and interests: Because of the relationship with his parents, Nate has turned to stealing. He has never stolen much in one job, but he often will steal small amounts of money, food, and sometimes Pokeballs. He picked up the habit because he had access to the apartments in his family's building. Although he sees the lawlessness it his habit, he still does it anyway and has no plan to stop. He actually seeks to be a great thief one day. He doesn't have a true direction in life, but he does want to explore the regions of the world with a Pokemon by his side.
Rival: Nate has resentment for his brother because of the fact that Ristar has the ability to leave this city and actually have a life of his own. Ristar also has a strong ability to train Dragon Pokemon. In fact, Ristar was given a Bagon when he turned 14 by an elder from Blackthorn City. Ristar is currently training with his prized team that includes a Salamence and a Dodrio in Dragonspiral Tower. Nate hopes to one day be as strong as his brother, but he fears Ristar because he has progressed so far in two years.

Strengths: Though he has a habit to steal, Nate will never steal if he knows that his actions will lead to a terrible outcome. Sometimes he has been hired by others to steal, but he has declined jobs if he knows he could hurt someone in the process. He has built up a good stamina by spending so much time in the forest. Nate also has the wisdom to back out of an argument when he sees he cannot win, though he is not easily persuaded. He will give in to allow others to take the lead, though he might have resentment for them.
Weaknesses: Nate is prideful and will only rarely allow himself to be persuaded. He allows resentment and anger to build but conceals it. He sometimes lets his temper flare but usually can keep it under wraps. He also has a fear a flames, but not in small proportions.

Roleplay sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Tixen

*Insert something witty here*
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 11, 2015
Um, if any of the reserves drop out or expire, could I please take their spot? I really want to see what's up with these shiny starters, plus the whole situation just sounds fun in general.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
rsccooperinc (I'm so calling you cooper or something instead!), you are accepted. Welcome to the RP! Seems like you know how to write so I bet we'll have a great time together in this RP.

Tixen, glad you are interested in the mystery! I'll try to remember to notify you if a spot opens up.

Bastian, yeah... maybe there'll be an expensive tent, darnit don't make me reveal things xD I've already written like 6 chapter descriptions haha. But there will be pretty odd things you can buy. IF you have the means for it :> But you can carry potions and poison cures and stuff like that without worrying, yes.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Alright all, getting my SU in today. Feeling far better now that I've beat back that flu, so get ready to see my SU soon enough.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Spoiler:

Here's my SU. Sorry for it being a bit too short. And also apologies for the very short RP sample.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
TD, your character is fine, not too short SU at all, and a really interesting character idea! I would like to ask for more description on the appearance though, since his whole body can't be seen.

And also, I'd appreciate if you renamed Alex' sister since the sister of my character was called Anabel too and it would be sort of weird if there were two Anabel sisters imo ;)

I guess it's alright that you don't have much of a RP sample, because I have RPed with you before and know how you do. So just add some to the appearance and change the sister's name and you will be accepted :3

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Name: Blaine Debour
Starter: Totodile (Aqua Jet)

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Family: Blaine lives with his father and mother in their one story house in Vermillion City. His father works as a mechanic and is one of the many mechanics that keeps the cities power grid functioning normally. Although he has done all that he can to make Blaine into a mechanic the boy, who doesn't really want to become one, just smiles on and works to help his dad off. His mother works in a pokemon center as a standby nurse. Although both are gone for long times from the house it really doesn't bother Blaine. If he's not at school he'll just turn on his computer and talk to online friends.

Goals and interests: His main goal is to find something he loves and be successful with it. So far all that he has tried are small jobs that he doesn't particularly care for so he figures that by at least trying to be a trainer will help him mark another job off of his list if he doesn't care for it. If he ends up enjoying being a trainer, then he would find out just what he would want to do for the rest of his life. He is mostly interested in chatting with his online friends and enjoys spending time on forums since it is far easier to initiate conversations there than in the outside world. Whenever he is off of his computer he usually will go to art exhibits… and that's about it. Despite the few friends he has wanting him to go out and try other things, he finds himself far more comfortable with doing activities that he already has experience with.

Strengths: Blaine considers himself a loner at heart and has managed to accomplish many things on his own. Due to staying isolated from classmates he has adopted a mindset where he can solve problems and think outside of the box on his own. Due to this very nature he finds it rather easy to make friends with other loners. Not only that, but since he has little friends he often finds that he has the time to do whatever he wants and can remain focused on the tasks at hand. Blaine doesn't wear his emotions for any to see, instead he keeps a lot of his emotions boxed in. Despite his attitude of not wanting to connect to others he also doesn't wish to cause anyone, especially his parents, to worry about him and so over the years he has perfected the art of hiding any pain he feels deep inside of his mind.

Weaknesses: Due to an incident several years ago Blaine has a uncontrollable fear of heights. Even so much as climbing up a ladder will cause Blaine to shudder, sometimes he even throws up in such situations. Funny enough, despite his intended isolation from others he truly fears being alone. Not the kind of alone where he knows when he enters a town there will be people all around him, but the kind where no other people exist and he TRULY is alone. Due to his isolation he lacks a lot of social skills mainly those that require him to feel the right emotion at the right time. He knows when to laugh sure, but whenever he has to feel pity or sadness for another he isn't sure if the circumstances are right for such an emotion or if he is showing too much emotion at such a time. He also has no idea as to how to care for a pokemon, though he is trying to learn just to see if being a trainer is really the right path for him.

Roleplay sample: Penance waited for the attacks to cause some sort of damage, but none came. He began to think deeply and formed his hands into fists. Of course, he was a legendary. 'Weakness' to him meant just a shield that protected him from harm. Of course he would shrug off anything normal mon would throw at him. If anything, only a legendary at this point could take him down. The question was, now that Darkrai was out here in the open, would any legendaries come? Surely they could have been blindsided by the silver crystal and simply not have realized that Darkrai was still around, but now since he was in the open it would not only be easy to feel his life force, but also it would be easy to see him. Penance could only hope that at least some legendaries would feel this and would come to try and combat him as well. He knew of one that would no doubt feel this dark presence... but if that was the case why hadn't she come earlier? He couldn't dwell on possibilities right now though. Either a legendary came or one didn't. He had to prepare for the worst case scenario, and that was a scenario based around the simple fact that they were against a god and probably anything they threw at him would barely scratch him. Still, they had to try.

"Hanso! No dark attacks!" Penance snapped, "They'll rejuvenate him no doubt! Stick to healing and porting everyone around!" He looked back at the dark being, trying think of what he would do. Well, for one, he had been building up power for quite some time. Being a god as well, he could just look away from them and cause their hearts to stop or such like that. When he did announce his attack Penance just frowned, "Not good." He muttered to himself.

He spoke out loud to the others, "Alright, no mental connections at all! The Chaos could infest us all if we connect our minds leading to an instant defeat! Psychics, he's dark type no doubt so avoid all psychic attacks. Scar, Gen! Keep a steady perimeter. HOPEFULLY since you two dealt with this you can fight against any illusions that start to settle in your mind. Do not focus on those that get turned! If you do any attacks aim them right at Darkrai, do you hear me!? No one falls asleep! Spread out and use ranged attacks! He's a god though... so since he isn't reacting to our attacks I'm afraid they won't have much effect, in essence don't do those status moves anymore! Go straight out and use damage dealing moves only! If you have moves that exhaust you, pump them out as fast as you can!"

He readied a Water Pulse in both hands and tossed his two balls at the creature of darkness. "Don't let up at any time! We take Darkrai down foremost! Don't worry about the others unless you have healing moves! I want to see some action and don't any of you f**king fall asleep on me!" He shouted out yet again.

He looked up at the legendary and snorted, "You think you can beat us... think you can take our free will away? You have another thing coming." He readied another Water Pulse, "Circle formation! Just blast him to oblivion!"

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Blaine looks like a mini Alex without the glasses! ;) However, I asked TD for more description since the rest of us provided pictures where the whole body was visible, trousers, feet and bag and all, so it would be nice if you describe pretty much what they'll be walking around in on their journey. Other than that, your SU is fine, Greiger!

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Edited as requested. I hope you get a better idea of Blaine from that.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Actually, the kind of shoes a person wears tells a lot about their personality, I'd say ;) Accepted, welcome to the RP!

Now we just wait for TD to edit some stuff. I've submitted the IC so if Maddy/Peter aren't in their lazy zones, it'll probably be up soon.

Please bear with me if things seem confusing with this events system at first. You won't be able to just start posting blindly on your own - you should always check who else feels like doing the same event as you and discuss how you'll encounter each other etc, and keep chatting and planning in the OOC thread throughout the RPing. I know some prefer planning over Skype and the likes, but I like having things in an OOC thread so that you can go back and check on things you've said before easily :]

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Wait, Blaine lives in Vermillion City? How the hell is he planning on getting to where we are? XD And without a Pokémon!

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
It's called having money, being shipped off by father after he hears about it, and doing it to make father happy. Happens all the time.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Figured. But he can't have much money on his journey because some events depend on having/not having money :p

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Oh, Red, there's that Inventory thing on the first page... are we to suppose that potions and antidote-type things are automatically with them in a limited amount, or will we actually have to poke you and go "Before they leave, they'll buy this 'n this 'n this"?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
That inventory is just for KEY items and RARE items :3 to keep track of what you guys have earned from events, because sometimes it can take several chapters before you can use items you've earned. It's a maze of happenings, moahahah ;) So maybe I should take away pokéballs from there because regular pokéballs you can have as many of as you wish, whenever. They're cheap. More advanced balls though! They count as RARE.

Back