• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Crossroads ; A Johto Story (OOC/SU) old thread

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Hello there, just wanted to give a short note. Alex lives in Lumiose and I'll have quite an interesting post up in a few hours. Anyway, I'll be event 2ing and catching a Buizel before that.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
TD, I didn't see anything about Lumiose in your SU. The first line in the RP description states that Cherrygrove is your hometown. I allowed Vermilion for Greiger's char because Kanto's not that far away and if he could somehow get the money to travel to Cherrygrove when he heard about professor Pine. But Lumiose is a faraway country, it wouldn't really make sense for him to hear about the study from there.

But alright, you're with me and Cooper on event 2! I guess I'll initiate it.

EDIT: also I edited in our captured pokémon into the first post :] I use a die to determine gender, but if you're unhappy with the gender the die showed, you can let me know and we'll just change in the list.

Last edited:

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
TD, I didn't see anything about Lumiose in your SU. The first line in the RP description states that Cherrygrove is your hometown. I allowed Vermilion for Greiger's char because Kanto's not that far away and if he could somehow get the money to travel to Cherrygrove when he heard about professor Pine. But Lumiose is a faraway country, it wouldn't really make sense for him to hear about the study from there.

But alright, you're with me and Cooper on event 2! I guess I'll initiate it.

EDIT: also I edited in our captured pokémon into the first post :] I use a die to determine gender, but if you're unhappy with the gender the die showed, you can let me know and we'll just change in the list.

It's fine. I just didn't read it clearly enough I guess. I'll post soon. And not Buizel actually, you'll see which pokemon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I see you started in Cherrygrove, that's okay ^^

I'll wait for Nathan or Alex to come into the event somehow before I post again.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
I'm sorry but I think I'll have to drop out. I'm already in three other RPs and have no time for real life. Anyway, I have exams coming up. Hope you'll lovely people lovely people don't mind.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Wow, that was sudden ;( but I'm really happy that you let us know and don't just disappear! Thank you for that. Best of luck with your exams, pal.

I guess we'll be opening up the last spot with Froakie then. But we should do chapter 1 and the new person can jump in in chapter 2, unless their really quick with their SU and want to do event 3.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So you guys planned on Skype or something? ^^ Are you going to make a second joint post and find the crystals?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
We're actually working on the second post of it right now. We do talk through skype and an etherpad. :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Figured :p I'm not too active on skype, haha, and prefer to use OOC threads. But as long as the RP goes smoothly and people get the information and cooperation they need, I guess any way is fine :3 Mine and cooper's post(s) will be up eventually too.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Yep! We're currently writing up the next part of our JP :3 It might be a while though, since we're all on at different times :P

*Didn't refresh before posting*

EDIT: Hey Red, I wanted to ask you two things.

1. Can I change what I did and have Chris' catch the Buizel she fought before? I'm not intending on her using it, but having a few Pokémon for trading with others wouldn't be a bad idea, and I didn't think of it at that time :P

2. I know this is weird and farfetch'd (Hah :D), but could there be a system like, even if you're only carrying less than six Pokémon, once you catch one, you get the option of sending it to the PC right away, rather than carrying it around? That'd be good for catching Pokémon you weren't intending on using, but... again, I dunno. Just a suggestion, nothing that's really needed :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
1) okay, just edit your post accordingly then.

2) I think you could just keep it with you and not use it? :p and dump it in a pokemon center as soon as you get to one. Which is after every chapter.

Tixen

*Insert something witty here*
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 11, 2015
Sorry about the delay, hopefully it doesn't matter too much...

Name: Hien Midori
Starter: Female Froakie, named Maura (TM Move: Aerobatics)

Appearance: Hien is slightly on the shorter side for a boy his age, standing at around 5'5", and is of average frame, being neither notably skinny or bulky. He has golden-brown skin, and a splattering of light freckles over his shoulders and nose. His hair is a dark red, which ends just below his shoulders, and is often pulled back into a loose ponytail to stop it from getting everywhere. Hien's light green eyes are hidden behind a pair of glasses, which he requires to see properly. Clothing wise, he prefers to wear a black short sleeved dress shirt, which has a large green cross over the front. In colder weather, he sports a charcoal grey jacket, that has a green trim on the insides, and green buttons. He usually adds a pair of black jeans to this, with his most used pair greying slightly, which are held up by a green belt. He typically wears black leather boots, and carries a green backpack with him.

Family: Hien lives with his parents (Cana and Lanh), and one of this two older brothers, Xuan. The eldest brother, Nguyen, being 21, is currently living in Goldenrod City, and is studying biology. The household is run in a very traditional fashion, with Lanh earning the majority of the money, and Cana working to run the household, occasionally making money through her various paintings. There is a certain focus upon masculinity and femineity as strictly defined notions, which each gender must adhere too. This is mainly enforced by Lanh, who does not wish his sons to grow up to be "sissys", as he puts it, believing that people who don't live up to his ideas of what "male" and "female" are, are being highly disrespectful and disrupting the natural order of things. As such, this has had a large impact upon Hien, as while his brothers fit the ideals, he does not, and thus was shunned by his father for his interests.

Goals and interests: His ultimate goal currently is the prove himself to his father, to demonstrate that he too can be "masculine". Hien believes that by defeating the Pokémon League, he can show Lanh that he is a worthy man in his eyes, and hopefully gain his respect. While that is his aim from going upon this journey, in all honesty he doesn't really want to make his Pokémon battle and possibly be injured for his own gain. He would rather spend the time on his journey to see for his own eyes the beautiful things that the world has to offer, and record them in his sketchbook to the best of his ability. His real ambition in life is to become a successful painter, having spent most of his childhood watching Cana paint the world around her, which was often still-life's of various types of flowers. Hien wishes to do this because he sincerely believes that beauty in some for exists in everything and everyone, and he wishes to show his belief to the world, especially Lanh. This is important because he hopes that perhaps if he can demonstrate this idea to his father, he will finally accept Hien for who he is, rather than who Lanh wants him to be.

Rival: Despite being 3 years older, Xuan is also starting his journey at the same time as Hien. This is because he wished to complete school first before travelling. Currently, his starter is an Elekid, nicknamed Raiden. Xuan and Hien have a rivalry due to the fact that both of their aims for their journey is to defeat the Pokémon League, their natural brotherly conflict only serving to heighten this sense of rivalry. Xuan aims to defeat the League because he believes that that is what is expected of him from Lanh, and he does not wish to disappoint his father. Also, he quickly found that he loved the thrill and risk of battling, especially when the odds are stacked against him. To Xuan, he views Hien as quite cute, and rather harmless, seeing him as someone who will have to be assisted to get anywhere in life. He isn't overly happy about the idea of Hien going on a journey, but he can admittedly see why his brother wishes to achieve what he wants, and has decided to assist Hien in order to get a couple of badges, so that Lanh won't be completely disappointed in his younger brother. However, that doesn't mean he is going to go easy on him.

Strengths: Hien considers one of his strengths to be his mild mannerisms, as he doesn't tend to get angry and aggressive like some others do. This means that in the case of a fight, people are more likely to back him up, as he will seem like the victim, or in a discussion, others are more likely to listen to what he has to say rather than the one who gets agitated. The boy strives for perfection within things that he cares about, such as his artwork, or battling, as the case may be. This can result in him spending more time than some others ensuring that everything will work out exactly how he wishes, rather than just rushing into a situation. He also has a very accurate memory, which allows him to remember most images clearly in his head. Usually, he uses this for his art projects, remembering an image and then drawing it later, but it can also be used in other ways.

Weaknesses: Most of all, Hien fears being shunned by others for no other reason than being himself. He's lived with this most of his life from Lanh, and is very much aware of how much he hates the feeling. This fear motivates him to strive to be liked by everyone, regardless of exactly what he has to do in order to gain his respect, and can sometimes wind him up in danger. He tends to get stressed out quite quickly, when things don't go exactly how he wished them too, and such things are usually taken out by him in a self destructive mannerism, which he finds very difficult to suppress when he is frustrated.

Roleplay sample: This is from a private RP with a friend of mine.

Spoiler:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Thanks a bunch, Reds :3 I'll do that. And yeah, I realized how silly the suggestion was after posting it :P But I based it on the games' mechanic of only carrying 6 Pokémon, which we don't have the problem of here, though most people will probably limit themselves to that anyway, which isn't a bad thing.

Oh, and, I'm reading someone's Nuzlocke comic, and this page: http://ky-nim.deviantart.com/art/Nuzlocke-White-037-417257990 even if it's not canon, has some really interesting stuff that'd be awesome to integrate into an RP, as in, some professor publishing this knowledge or the like. Just a sidenote really :3

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
I'm done with the first chapter personally, but I do know SB had more stuff planned and I'm not sure about Alby. Blaine will keep on running until he manages to get into the next town. Also... whose bright idea was it to give away a derpy psychotic Totodile? I fear for Blaine's health. :V

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
@ Tixen, I absolutely love your SU and character idea! You should post a lot with him and enter the RPChallenge ;) I see you too used a family member as a rival, I didn't know that was such an attractive thing to do xD But it's okay. You are accepted! You should do "Event 3" in chapter one, meaning just battle or capture or go through Route 30 somehow.

@ Bastian, those theories, I love them! Can we pretend they are canon for this RP? Though... mortality would only be in the wild. In trainer battles, pokémon death is always prevented in Crossroads! :3

@ Good to hear, Greiger. I'll be handing you levels and posting chapter 2 soon enough. Just want to let Tixen make at least one post first :3 And maybe I'll give myself and cooper (and anyone else) a chance to feel like they're finished first too. I don't want to keep you waiting for too long though!

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
We should definitely make it canon! I think it's a fantastic explanation as to why trainers actually want to put their 'mons in possible harms way :3

I'm also planning on two more posts for this chapter. One with Chris' on her own and another where she meets up with Melody again before arriving at Violet Town, hope that's okay!

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Heh, I'm fine either way, so you two get done soon!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm also planning on two more posts for this chapter. One with Chris' on her own and another where she meets up with Melody again before arriving at Violet Town, hope that's okay!
No, I think you didn't read the description closely enough. This chapter ends at a pokémon center strategically situated near Dark Cave (which is closed off). In chapter 2, you will be on Route 31, going towards Violet City.

So really, when you are done with this event, you don't need to linger for many more posts on the very first chapter. Unless you want to capture a pokémon or feel that you need some character development, of course. But as long as not everyone is done, there's no harm in lingering, of course!

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Oh, right, I didn't notice that, no ^^; Sorry Red. Thanks for clearing it up though! I am still planning on one more post before the chapter ends though :P I'll wait until you've gotten your stuff with Nathan done and then post it :3 Just so I'm not like, speed-posting.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I have one more post to go too, but I am waiting after post from your event as well... :3

Back