• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Crossroads ; A Johto Story (OOC/SU) old thread

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
I edited the parts that you told me to. Just a short note, I was typing the longest Roleplay Sample ever and then stupid PM came and ruined everything......

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Nope, map is cheating (so basically I'll be cheating).

I'll check your SU again when I get home, TD!

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I have another question, teacher!

What about a Pokégear or something like it? Do we have such a thing? You know, radio, giving out numbers to be able to call each other, a map in it...?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I actually haven't planned for such a thing! But it would be useful to be able to get each others' numbers. Let's say it's not something that's considered as necessary on your mission from professor Pine as the pokédex is, so she doesn't give you one. But it could be a popular thing to bring a Pokégear on a journey, sort of like a specialized smartphone for trainers haha, so if you want one you can say you got it from your family or aquired it on your own (like, Nathan probably stole one xD). Sounds ok? I could list it in the inventories, so that you know what other players you can contact with it.

Feel free to come with more questions or suggestions btw! I never claim that my RP setups are perfect right off the bat :)

@ TD, looks fine to me now. Accepted and welcome!

I shall get the first chapter up now in the IC.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Awh, hell yeah! Can't wait to get posting! :3 Question is, what should Christina be doing first...? *Rubs chin*

And yeah, Pokégear for those who want it. I can imagine Chris' mom bought one for her as a gift during one of her overseas travels, so she'd definitely have one. Also, writing it up in the inventory is a good idea *Nod*

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Aberdeen probably got a pokégear as a present from his parents :]

AND SO WE BEGIN. The chapter looking okay I hope?

I call dibs on event 2 because I can't really decide but I felt like it right now. Who wants to chase an angry Loudred together with Ab? I think more than 3 people on one event would get crazy, so let's not.

Or maybe event 1 augh maybe I should wait until you guys have picked, and take wherever I fit.

Or no, event 2.

This will be the thing. The indecisiveness. It will be. The thing. Now.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Melody shall be event 1ing. That is to say, she's gonna take that Left turn after Cherrygrove and get hopelessly lost. :D

RSC Cooper Inc

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Years
Nathan probably stole one xD

Exactly what I was thinking when you said "obtained" XD

I shall also call dibs on Event #2
First, I'll go do some battling and probably catch a Pineco or something just to get into the swing of things. Quick question: Do I choose which wild Pokemon I run into or should I wait for them to appear randomly? Just making sure since I haven't roleplayed here before.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Then Christina shall pick event 1 and get lost as well! Time for some girly getting-lost-times :3 Unless some of those smelly boys decide to pick that event too!

And just to inform you guys, in the past, I got burned out of Journey RPs pretty quick due to having to constantly try and think up interesting battles for just random wild Pokémon, and I'll be counteracting this, this time, by only writing out important battles. So... important trainers, Pokémon she's wanting to catch, or versus other players. Wild Pokémon she's just beating, I'll probably just give a summary like "And then there was a f*ckton of Caterpies", or have some funny dialogue after an off-screen trainer battle against Joey or something.

... Oh wait, Joey is actually right in the start of where we are. OH GOD RED, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

PS: Why did no one choose Joey as their rival? That would've been absolutely hilarious.

PPS: And yes Red, the chapter looks awesome :3 How long do you expect chapters to go on for?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Okay, Alby! You can probably start posting with Melody getting lost already, and if more players post here that they want to do event 1, you can coordinate with each other on how to meet up and somehow find the crystals and find your way back. Those are the only guidelines, you can meet pokémon or anything else on the way! EDIT: like a Christina, apparently :D

Ah, cool, Cooper! If you want to get a feel for things first, go ahead and start Pineco-posting or something, yeah. You're always free to capture pokémon or encounter other NPCs inside of events. I could make Aberdeen spot the siblings or the Loudred or something and they could run into Nate shortly after that, perhaps?
- And you can run into any pokémon you want that is in the chapter list and capture it however you want.

@ Bastian, until we're done with the events :3

However, I won't post for a while yet since I shall be going to a pub with some people now and won't be back until sometime in the night, somewhat inebriated most likely. Have a good friday / evening / night, depending on where you are, guys!

Last edited:

RSC Cooper Inc

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Years
... Oh wait, Joey is actually right in the start of where we are. OH GOD RED, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

PS: Why did no one choose Joey as their rival? That would've been absolutely hilarious.

I could definitely fit Joey in as a source of agitation(a minor rival) for Nate(FYI I might just be switching between using Nate and Nathan, sorry if it gets confusing), but this is anti-canonical, right?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
There is no canon. R/B/Y and G/S/C hasn't happened, so Joey could be doing whatever in our version of Johto. Feel free to take control of him 8D

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Sounds like a plan! I'm gonna do a small solo-post leading up to Melody getting lost first. Cooper, shall the girls meet up with Nate at a point as well?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'd recommend sticking to the people you'll meet in your event for now, to not risk the very first chapter drag out into people waiting for each other to reply even before their own event has begun. If the girls met Nate while they were lost, it would be as if Nate was doing event 1 too, and you can't do two events in one chapter, sorry ;)

RSC Cooper Inc

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Years
Sounds like a plan! I'm gonna do a small solo-post leading up to Melody getting lost first. Cooper, shall the girls meet up with Nate at a point as well?

No; like Red said we should stay apart until the story dictates.

So I'll have Joey make an appearance; I don't want to have full control over him, though, so others can feel free to control him as well(as long as he's not doing something with me at the moment.)

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I think the confusion here stemmed from Alby thinking that event 2 was the 'Getting lost' one, so she was thinking Nathan was going to be in our event xP So it was all just a misunderstanding, but everything's cleared up now!

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Event 1 as well. Heh, Blaine will have a jolly time. :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh, a minor thing: seems you assumed that professor Pine was a man. She's actually taken from an older RP of mine, and is a female. Jsyk!
046.gif

also hi I didn't get drunk just a few beers so I should be able to write just fine ohaaay

So, Christina + Melody + Blaine getting lost in Event 1
Aberdeen + Nate meeting siblings/Loudred in Event 2
and Alex doing whatever TD thinks he should do whenever TD sees this. Sounds good!

Last edited:
Back