• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Crossroads ; A Johto Story (OOC/SU) old thread

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
If I could explain why the farmer would have such a thing, could this Exeggcute have its Dream World ability?
Also, since Poliwag is a level away from learning Hypnosis, can I have her level up and learn the move in the middle of a battle later in this chapter?
Yeah, it's DW ability seems fair enough so go ahead. And also it's a bit of cheating if you use Hypnosis already but I'm not against making the RP more enjoyable for you so go ahead with using Hypnosis already to ;) As long as you let her battle at least a bit, it's quite certain she'll get at least one level anyways.

EDIT: cooper, Nate picking up two Eggs in his pockets is, like, the cutest <3

Last edited:

RSC Cooper Inc

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Years
Yeah, it's DW ability seems fair enough so go ahead. And also it's a bit of cheating if you use Hypnosis already but I'm not against making the RP more enjoyable for you so go ahead with using Hypnosis already to ;) As long as you let her battle at least a bit, it's quite certain she'll get at least one level anyways.

EDIT: cooper, Nate picking up two Eggs in his pockets is, like, the cutest <3

Sweet. The Hypnosis won't be needed until later in the chapter for something I have planned(no spoilers).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Exciting! I've finally started writing on the JP now btw ^^

And in case anyone wondered, to save myself some work, I'm not giving out any levels in a chapter until you have finished your event, even if you did other stuff before you started the event. If you do extra thingys after the event before the next chapter though, you might get something extra. As seen in the previous chapter's levelgivings :3

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Of course! Quick question Red's, if say we want a specific team in this rp should we tell you that? Say... a dream team we want to build up? I'm not saying that we should get all of those mon immediately because we want them on our team, but just so that as we progress those specific mon could appear in the wild.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hm, possibly. I'm actually going pretty canon with the wild pokémon, from the HG/SS lists. Plus a few kalos/unova ones. I think I'd actually prefer if you didn't wish for mons as I'm not sure where to put them if you did haha. Let it be a surprise? :3 Ideally I'll include every species before the RP is over tho!

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Okay, was just making sure. I figured it would be HG/SS pokemon just wasn't sure.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
That includes some Hoenn and Sinnoh ones, obviously, since they're listed as being available through "sinnoh sounds" and "hoenn sounds". And like I said, Kalos and Unova ones are manually added by me. But a game of chance for you ;) I promise you I don't have a team planned for Ab yet.

EDIT: updated the inventories and moved Napoleon from Christina to Melody!
Do Blaine and Hien own pokégears?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
By the way, could we invoke some lore of my invention? That in wild battles, you can use any items without restriction. But in trainer battles, you usually define what item level you run with.

FREE MODE or WILD MODE is where everything goes. Do what you can to keep your pokémon up and running!

NO CURE would be the simplest "trainer battle" level, where stuff like poison heal, awakening etc isn't allowed until the battle is over. But one potion per pokémon is okay to use! This is usually how it's like when you meet a random trainer on the road; if nobody states any rules before a battle, you assume that NO CURE is what goes, and you're allowed to heal each pokémon at one critical point if you have a potion and can reach your pokémon without getting hurt yourself (!). Most often you can use as many pokémon as you have on you, to try and beat all your opponent's pokémon, but you can also define how many pokémon you want to use.

NO POTIONS is the next level, usually deployed in Gym Leader battles. You can't use curing items nor potions here. You'll have to rely on moves, strategy and switching in and out. Unless switching in and out is forbidden too, but that's special rules and not often deployed. In gym leader battles, the number of pokémon you can use is usually defined.

RARE items are always allowed though... such as the REVIVE you can get in event 1, chapter 2, and also some future items. But in general, pretend stuff like X ATTACK, IRON, DIRE HIT, ETHER and such is RARE and you can't just buy it.

... would that work? :3

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Yes it would work :3 Blaine doesn't have a pokegear. He doesn't know much about being a trainer as I've said so he wouldn't even know that stuff exists. :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Ah okay, no gear!

So do we really want potions to be used in trainer battles? I don't think they do that in the anime. And it's annoying when they do it in the games, haha. I tried to come up with a mix of the two.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
In wild battles I say it's all good for potions and such to be used. For trainer battles, I say that you negotiate with your opponent. Like have some battles where you can't use potions such as in gym battles and others where you could use only one item throughout the battle.

RSC Cooper Inc

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Years
I'll go with whatever is decided.

That includes some Hoenn and Sinnoh ones, obviously, since they're listed as being available through "sinnoh sounds" and "hoenn sounds". And like I said, Kalos and Unova ones are manually added by me. But a game of chance for you ;) I promise you I don't have a team planned for Ab yet.

I'm just going with the flow. Not building a team, really. If anything, I'll likely probably catch Pokemon that I wouldn't normally want. Nate is kind of supposed to be similar to an anti-me. The fact that I got Fennekin works pretty well towards that since Fennekin's line is my least favorite of the new starters :P

Also, I think I'll try to stick with the game mechanic of Hoenn/Sinnoh sounds. I.e. I'll only run into Pokemon from outside Johto if Nate is playing the sounds on his PokeGear(when he gets it fixed). I'll say that there's are Unova and Kalos sounds as well. If anyone else would adopt this, it'd be cool(but not necessary).

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
1. I do think that the ideas of setting rules for usage of potions and healing items is a good idea, and that you aren't allowed to use any of them, aside from the rare items in gym battles.

2. I have no idea what you're talking about in regards to the 'sounds' :P I'm planning on having Chris' run into whatever I feel like. Not to be a rebel, but just 'cause... well, makes sense for wild Pokémon to just be all over the place, no? :3

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I'll go with whatever is decided.

I'm just going with the flow. Not building a team, really. If anything, I'll likely probably catch Pokemon that I wouldn't normally want. Nate is kind of supposed to be similar to an anti-me. The fact that I got Fennekin works pretty well towards that since Fennekin's line is my least favorite of the new starters :P

Also, I think I'll try to stick with the game mechanic of Hoenn/Sinnoh sounds. I.e. I'll only run into Pokemon from outside Johto if Nate is playing the sounds on his PokeGear(when he gets it fixed). I'll say that there's are Unova and Kalos sounds as well. If anyone else would adopt this, it'd be cool(but not necessary).

I say we just stick by how Red's been doing it and she puts the mons on the route that are there normally and with the sound mons appearing by default, along with the added on of the Unova/Kalos.

RSC Cooper Inc

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Years
1. I do think that the ideas of setting rules for usage of potions and healing items is a good idea, and that you aren't allowed to use any of them, aside from the rare items in gym battles.

2. I have no idea what you're talking about in regards to the 'sounds' :P I'm planning on having Chris' run into whatever I feel like. Not to be a rebel, but just 'cause... well, makes sense for wild Pokémon to just be all over the place, no? :3
I was referring to the fact that Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon show up in HG/SS when you use the radio functions related to them(http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokegear.shtml)

It's totally fine if I'm the only one sticking with that. I'll only apply it to my single posts and not my joint posts.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
You can encounter wild pokemon in any way you wish :)

Greiger, you can of course always negotiate with your opponent for current rules, these would just be standard if nothing was said.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Okay, Tixen! Sorry for the delay, but I'm ready to begin the JPing whenever you are. Red, are we going to need you involved in it for the NPC and Rockets?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Okay, Tixen! Sorry for the delay, but I'm ready to begin the JPing whenever you are. Red, are we going to need you involved in it for the NPC and Rockets?

If you want, I can play the Rockets. But you can also play them yourself. Just remember they won't mention that they are Team Rocket and they are likely to give up rather easily and flee if they realize that you are stronger than them. Stealing Victreebel doesn't seem to be a top class mission. You can go about meeting them and getting the stolen pokemon back in any way you can come up with otherwise!

Back