• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CSS Help & Resources

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Just wonderin' how I can make my text with out opacity.... it looks really weird....

Additionally, you can use the command rgba (0, 0, 0, 0.6) for the color of your box. The a determines the opacity of the background rather than the text and the rgb determines the color of your box.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Is tutoring still a thing? Because I've always wanted to learn CSS, and to eventually make a skin for VB CS3 an CS4

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Is tutoring still a thing? Because I've always wanted to learn CSS, and to eventually make a skin for VB CS3 an CS4
It died down some time ago since it was quite hard to keep a track of, not sure if anyone set it up again, or wants to. Though if you ever run into any problems or want to ask ant questions (no matter how silly they sound), you should feel free to post here in this thread. You have nothing to be afraid of. CSS isn't easy in the beginning, I know that all too well!

Years
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=316697

Anyone got time to work with me on making the colossal box I made at the top right corner into a collapsible box that'll work in all browsers? So far, the only means I'm seeing is to make it into another CSS-DIV and using some elements and properties that apparently don't render properly in Chrome or Safari. Anyone got any ideas?

Code of the box for reference:

Code:
[PLAIN][div="width: 180px;height: 310px;overflow: hidden;position: fixed;top: 11px;right: 11px;"][div="font: bold 15px arial, sans-serif;color: #6495ED;text-align: center;position: relative; padding: 7px 0; left: 1px;top: 23px;width: 170px; background-color: #F8F8FF;border:3px solid #6495ED;"][h3]Quick Links[/h3]
[aurl="top"]Back to Top[/aurl]

[aurl="terms"]Glossary of Terms[/aurl]

[aurl="start"]Getting Started[/aurl]*

[aurl="spotfakes"]How to Spot Fakes[/aurl]

[aurl="earn"]Learn to Play[/aurl]

*Coming soon!
[/div][/div][/PLAIN]

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=316697

Anyone got time to work with me on making the colossal box I made at the top right corner into a collapsible box that'll work in all browsers? So far, the only means I'm seeing is to make it into another CSS-DIV and using some elements and properties that apparently don't render properly in Chrome or Safari. Anyone got any ideas?

Do you mean something like this?

Code:
[PLAIN][div="width: 180px;height: 100%;overflow: hidden;position: fixed;top: 11px;right: 11px;"][div="font: bold 15px arial, sans-serif;color: #6495ED;text-align: center; width: 170px; background-color: #F8F8FF;border:3px solid #6495ED;"][h3]Quick Links[/h3]

[textcollapse="Click to expand"][aurl="terms"]Glossary of Terms[/aurl]

*Coming soon![/textcollapse]
[/div][/div][/PLAIN]

If it's not in the spoiler tags then my signature is moved directly under the division...

Years
Do you mean something like this?

Code:
[PLAIN][div="width: 180px;height: 100%;overflow: hidden;position: fixed;top: 11px;right: 11px;"][div="font: bold 15px arial, sans-serif;color: #6495ED;text-align: center; width: 170px; background-color: #F8F8FF;border:3px solid #6495ED;"][h3]Quick Links[/h3]

[textcollapse="Click to expand"][aurl="terms"]Glossary of Terms[/aurl]

*Coming soon![/textcollapse]
[/div][/div][/PLAIN]

If it's not in the spoiler tags then my signature is moved directly under the division...

Sort of, but not quite. What I'm looking to do is beyond the capabilities of the text-collapse tag.

Maybe it'd be simpler if I just made a drop down menu from it... I'll probably look into it some tomorrow.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
Anyone knows how to make Gradient text?

If anybody knows the thing I mean.

I want it to be like

Snivy

But the color scheme thing links between the other colors.

Just like when you gradient in Photoshop, but horizontal.

Thank you ;)

Years
Anyone knows how to make Gradient text?

If anybody knows the thing I mean.

I want it to be like

Snivy

But the color scheme thing links between the other colors.

Just like when you gradient in Photoshop, but horizontal.

Thank you ;)
Here's something I found:

Snivy

Code:
[PLAIN][div="background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, left center, right center, from(#006400), color-stop(5%, #98FB98)); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;"]Snivy[/div][/PLAIN]

You may or may not be able to see it, but if you have Chrome, it should appear fine. Also, you may need to adjust the percentage of the gradient as well depending on where you're putting it.

Hope this helps! :)

TheMarkCrafter

Years
Here's something I found:

Snivy

Code:
[PLAIN][div="background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, left center, right center, from(#006400), color-stop(5%, #98FB98)); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;"]Snivy[/div][/PLAIN]

You may or may not be able to see it, but if you have Chrome, it should appear fine. Also, you may need to adjust the percentage of the gradient as well depending on where you're putting it.

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks :) But when I add it to the center and give it the size 5, that's how it shows.

Snivy

And for the code, here:

Spoiler:

And I meant to add the spaces, because the code won't show.

And thank you for helping :)

Years
Thanks :) But when I add it to the center and give it the size 5, that's how it shows.

Snivy

And for the code, here:

Spoiler:

And I meant to add the spaces, because the code won't show.

And thank you for helping :)
You'll have to play around with the percentage there. Here's the code again, with the updated text:

Code:
[PLAIN][CENTER][SIZE="5"][div="background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, left center, right center, from(#006400), color-stop(80%, #98FB98)); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;"]Snivy[/div][/SIZE][/CENTER][/PLAIN]

And here's the part where you would need to play around with (using a number between 1 and 100), as highlighted below:

-webkit-gradient(linear, left center, right center, from(#006400), color-stop([S-HIGHLIGHT]60%[/S-HIGHLIGHT], #98FB98))

TheMarkCrafter

Years
You'll have to play around with the percentage there. Here's the code again, with the updated text:

Code:
[PLAIN][CENTER][SIZE="5"][div="background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, left center, right center, from(#006400), color-stop(80%, #98FB98)); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;"]Snivy[/div][/SIZE][/CENTER][/PLAIN]

And here's the part where you would need to play around with (using a number between 1 and 100), as highlighted below:

-webkit-gradient(linear, left center, right center, from(#006400), color-stop([S-HIGHLIGHT]60%[/S-HIGHLIGHT], #98FB98))

Oh well, I thought there would be some percentage playing but no.

I must thank the body part called brain for ignoring it..

Anyways thank you!

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I wonder whether this place can be used for a "rate my CSS-based signature" post. If yes, what do you think of my signature? I'm also thinking of going from hard-coded background colours to a base background colour, gradients, and the text background colours to be actually semi-transparent. (no need to show me the code since I know what I need to do already - just chime in on the idea)

Either way, sometimes, don't you wish everyone supported everything equally well? Pretty much every major browser engine have their strengths (think Webkit/Blink and effects in general, Trident and text and just rendering things as fast and as correctly as possible, off the top of my head in my actual use) that makes it a bit hard to target something specific. I prefer to just... well, seeing as my siggy looks fine in IE8 of all things...

I just make sure that nothing looks obviously wrong in kind-of-old browsers.

Years
Hello I'm back again with another question.
I tried posting an image in a thread but the image wouldn't show up. Here is how I wrote it.
[IMG]https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7jl5hnzg0dhgsq/20140120_203141.jpg[/IMG]
I haven't used dropbox really before and I tried doing this on my phone. I don't have a clue what could be going wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to post more pictures in the future as well . Thanks a bunch:)

Years
Hello I'm back again with another question.
I tried posting an image in a thread but the image wouldn't show up. Here is how I wrote it.
[IMG]https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7jl5hnzg0dhgsq/20140120_203141.jpg[/IMG]
I haven't used dropbox really before and I tried doing this on my phone. I don't have a clue what could be going wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to post more pictures in the future as well . Thanks a bunch:)
The reason that your link isn't coming out as an image is because it's not a direct link to the image. AFAIK, with Dropbox, only images in the public folder can be directly linked, so you may want to move it over there.

Back