• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Current Events

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
Years
  • Thats it. I had enough not intellegent topics here. Well, yets start talking about what happening in the world. :P

I personally think PC doesn't have enough of these TOK topics, so why not start creating them.

Remember, no flaming. ^^;

Years
  • Current events? ok...

Arnold Schazann... bleah ... elected Governor of California.

I hope he doesn't change PE to 4 years O.O *shudders*

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Unless it the games were tied to an event, like Grand Theft Auto Vice City, for instance. However, this is not the case here. ^_^;

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • Haruka said:
    Thats it. I had enough not intellegent topics here.

Haha, how ironic.

Anyway, on the subject of Vice City, I just read about some kids who shot one boy dead and seriously injured another in a drive-by shooting. It was somewhere in the US, although I can't remember where exactly.

When questioned, the kids said that they "were bored, so decided to mimic their favourite videogame, Vice City."

Clowns.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    I bet in a few years, the govt. will get these games banned, with all the violence and all caused by these games.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I never even liked the concept of the GTA games...It only shows how violent today's society is when those games become as popular as they are now...

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Yes, they give too many wacky psychos ideas... o_o *runs to burn all of her brother's 007 video games*

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I don't think so. Any kind of video game that involves killing or shooting should be marked up to the 'M' rating. But anyone who would play something like that isn't really 'Mature' anyways. :tired: No offense to any teenage guys that love those kinds of games, but that's just my opinion.

Timbjerr

Years
  • I'm not into all those kinds of video games and I'm a teenage boy...I'm just not a big gamer (I play Pok?mon, Animal Crossing, and SSB...and that's about all)

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I'm quite the gamer but I do not own any titles with the M rating.

I'm not sure how much of an effect they really have, but some of the stuff you do in that game can really desensitize you to violence, and the abuse of women.

Lol, isn't it funny my example turned out to be the first current event? I'm good. XP

Timbjerr

Years
  • I'm tired of talking about video games...what else is in the news?

pokefreak

proud 2 b a pok?maniac!
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 22, 2014
    i thought we were talking about arnold being governor of california.
    does anyone here actually support him? i mean, even though we knew gray davis was bad, we didn't actually need to replace him with an actor, right? especially during the budget crisis, too.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Well, I know nothing of the situation, but that he won by a landslide, with some40% of the votes. I don't watch TV or do politics, so...umm..that is all.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • Well, the schools of Oregon are in a budget crises and they fired alot of my favorite teachers (like my spanish and band teachers) and the only reason Swarzenagger won the Re-Vote was cause hes a big movie star and everyone (well a lot of people) love the guy...

(see, i can be mature when i want to be!)

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Haruka said:
    Thats it. I had enough not intellegent topics here. Well, yets start talking about what happening in the world. :P

I personally think PC doesn't have enough of these TOK topics, so why not start creating them.

Remember, no flaming. ^^;
    Good idea Haruka.

I don't pay attention to Politics either right now, I might eventually allocate some time to reading news online in the future heh. :P

Back