• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cutting the cords and going wireless

Years
  • These days, wireless is the thing. Wireless keyboards, wireless mice, and even more! Many people use wireless input devices to break from having too many wires, which I will say is a cluttered mess.

So do you guys use wireless input devices with your computers? Or have y'all not cut the cords just yet? What do you like and/or dislike about wireless input devices?

Years
  • I have not used any wireless keyboards, mouses, etcetera, at least not with my MacBook. When we had a home desktop we used wireless mouses at a few points, but since this thing of mine has the built in mouse I never really saw a need to shell out the money for them.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I have a wireless keyboard but a wired mouse on my desktop, since I use it for gaming and wireless mice can cause lag - plus my mouse has a fair share of useful extra buttons as well.

Only thing I don't like about my keyboard is that it randomly drops the signal sometimes and I have to reconnect it, but it's rare.

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
    Years
  • I use both a wired mouse (for gaming) and a wireless mouse (for everything else) and keyboard on my PC. Strangely enough, it wasn't built with a wifi receiver so I need to use an Ethernet cord to access the Internet. I'm thinking of just buying one and putting it in myself, just worried about accidentally messing something up.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I have a wireless keyboard but a wired mouse on my desktop, since I use it for gaming and wireless mice can cause lag - plus my mouse has a fair share of useful extra buttons as well.

Only thing I don't like about my keyboard is that it randomly drops the signal sometimes and I have to reconnect it, but it's rare.
    This is what my logic was for YEARS until suddenly one day I was like "wait, keyboard input is almost as important as mouse input in a lot of the games I play... why am I okay with one being wireless but not the other?" Then I realized I'm not good at any games that matter enough to play with no possible wireless lag so I made the switch to wireless mouse as well and I couldn't be happier. It's a bit of a pain to charge every so often, but better than using up tons of batteries. (My keyboard is pretty basic so I only ever have to replace the batteries like... once every 2 years?)

Years
  • I haven't tried it with a keyboard yet, just because the keyboards my computers have come with have always done the job for me and I feel no need to buy another, but I will not buy anything other than a wireless mouse. When I was still using wired mice, I was somehow killing them in a matter of months...no, I wasn't being rough with them, at least not on purpose. Wireless mice have lasted far far longer than that for me each time, plus with how my desk is a wired mouse would probably just be a hindrance anyway.

NEED FEWER CORDS!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I use a wireless mouse but a wired keyboard. I find there's a bit of a delay when I use a wireless keyboard and wake the computer up.

I'll type out my password to log back in and realize it didn't register anything I typed until I wait it out a few seconds more

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I have wired everything if I can help it. Any wireless device is just unnecessarily unreliable, and relatively heavy. And what do you get for it? Less... clutter? Unless you have like eight PCs running in the same room, how is that even a concern?

A wireless mouse can be handy for a regular laptop user, but that's all.

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I have a wireless mouse. It's powered by batteries, and it's so much easier than having all the tangled up cords. I love my wireless mouse because the battery does last a really long time.

Years
  • I have a desktop tower that can go wireless but I would much rather have plugged in the ethernet, which I do. Same with my computer mouse because I hate buying batteries all the time :P

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I used to go wired, but space became limited over on my desk, so now I go wireless for my mouse. My keyboard's still the standard wired one.

My mouse has yet to fail me. :D

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    My mouse is both, so I get to pick both! Sometimes it's just way more convenient to not bother plugging in the mouse when you're out and about. When I have enough space to do so, though, I plug in without hesitation.

I use a laptop, so the keyboard part isn't something applicable.

Speaking of wireless, my phone is capable of wireless charging, and it has Qi wireless charging circuits built-in. I haven't bought a wireless charging plate of any kind, though, since, well, I prefer using the 7.5W charger that came with the phone. It charges fast enough to not be a bother.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I haven't had any wireless mouse before, nor keyboard.

I did try them before, I'll admit, but they seemed to have made things any more easy, unfortunately. When using a computer, keyboard and mouse are usually right next to the monitor, and having them become wireless does not change that, if we know what I mean. They're usually more expensive, anyway, and all of that combined together keeps me away from these things.

The only advantage I see us having of wireless keyboard, mouse, and so forth is that they are able to suit some of our needs aesthetically. Aside from this, however, I don't believe there's much else.

Years
  • I'm completely wired with my desktop; two old-fashioned things in one! :>

On my server desktop, I have a K400 keyboard/touchpad combination hooked up to that, considering I rarely use it, but it's there if I need it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I go hybrid with my desktop. I have a wired Logitech keyboard but my Sandstrom mouse is wireless (It can also support Bluetooth, but I never got it to work.)

My headphones I use on my travels (Jam Buds) are also wireless. They're really nice sounding and the battery life is really good considering they're only slightly bigger than normal earbuds.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2019
    The only wires I have at my desk are from my earbuds and charger. I pretty much only use a wireless mouse.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    I used both wireless keyboard and mouse but I never sat infront of the PC, whenever my wife is using the PC i just type something random like 'can I have a cup of tea?' When I did that the first time, I couldn't stop laughing it was so funny but I haven't properly cut the cord yet as wired devices come in handy for upgrading stuff

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I used wireless mouse because it less cluttering and less time consuming to pack things up
    to my dismay, wireless mouse consumes battery really fast even at tiniest power left on the leftovers it still drains rapidly faster depends where you place and use it, how long you keep the mouse on while you at work or on the go.

Back