• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen D/P/Pt Solo Challenge

Years
  • I decided that i will not be evolving it, even though this means i'll either have to catch ~20 Geodudes again or spend hours in the underground to get an everstone, B is just too annoying

Planned team:
    Psyduck (Surf, Ice Beam, Brick Break, Dig)
    No Calm Mind because i can get stat boosts from X-Items. No Psychic because its coverage sucks. No Iron Tail because its coverage sucks even more, and it's inaccurate. No Return because i need coverage. No Aerial Ace because it's too weak.
    Surf and Ice Beam are obvious choices. Shadow Claw would be mainly for Lucian, i'm always having trouble with him, but in general, Ground and Fighting are the better attacking types, but maybe i'll replace one of these moves with Shadow Claw before the Lucian battle.

Piplup: Cut, Defog (lol), Waterfall
    Geodude: Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb
    Starly: Fly

Last edited:

Gimmepienow

Man-Eating Diglett!
    Years
  • Sorry for the few updates recently...
    I've been gone for the weekend with no internet and then I got the flu

And now I lost my Pearl and can't continue the challenge until I find it... Most likely it's in one of those obvious last place you look places. So until I find it, no new updates I guess....

I believe I had just made it to Veilstone when I last played it

Years
  • Damn, Psyduck is way too rare in Ravaged Path... I looked for over an hour yesterday evening, but no Psyduck. Am i allowed to beat the people between Oreburgh and Jubilife and Roark with Piplup, so i can access the lower level of Oreburgh Gate, where Psyduck is more common? I mean, with that 2% chance, it takes eternally to get Psyduck in Ravaged Path.

Years
  • Damn, Psyduck is way too rare in Ravaged Path... I looked for over an hour yesterday evening, but no Psyduck. Am i allowed to beat the people between Oreburgh and Jubilife and Roark with Piplup, so i can access the lower level of Oreburgh Gate, where Psyduck is more common? I mean, with that 2% chance, it takes eternally to get Psyduck in Ravaged Path.
    You serious? I was training my Weepinbell in Ravaged Path from I think level 27-28 (I do a five levels between every town/place, so like level 15 by Jubilife, level 30 by Floaroma (Oreburgh Mine counts as extra) etc, so I just happen to remember stuff) and as you know, training like that against level 5's is boring but I'll get demotivated if I don't stick to rules. Anyway, finally getting to the point, I came across like at least twenty something Psyduck in there out of fifty battles or whatever it was. Anyway, basically two out of five battles was against a wild Psyduck. It might be the game? I'm playing Platinum.

Years
  • Just beat Mars at Valley Windworks.

Spiritomb(don't know a cool nickname yet) lv.21 (no hold item)
    Hasty Nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psychic
    - Faint Attack
    - Confuse Ray

I've learned him Shadow Ball and Psychic by trading it to my bro's Diamond.

HM slaves:

Piplup
    Starly
    Geodude

Years
  • You serious? I was training my Weepinbell in Ravaged Path from I think level 27-28 (I do a five levels between every town/place, so like level 15 by Jubilife, level 30 by Floaroma (Oreburgh Mine counts as extra) etc, so I just happen to remember stuff) and as you know, training like that against level 5's is boring but I'll get demotivated if I don't stick to rules. Anyway, finally getting to the point, I came across like at least twenty something Psyduck in there out of fifty battles or whatever it was. Anyway, basically two out of five battles was against a wild Psyduck. It might be the game? I'm playing Platinum.
    I just looked it up: in Pearl, which i'm playing, Psyduck has a 2% chance to appear (that's the same rate like Chimecho's in RSE), while in Platinum, Psyduck has a 35% chance

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
  • I have just beaten Volkner,and have obtained the HM Waterfall.
    Halfway through Victory Road,and about to challenge the Pokemon League!
    Team:
    Skunktank-67
    Machop-15 (Strength Rocksmash RockClimb)Got rid of Bibarel beacuse it got tired of looking at it...
    Palkia-47(Surf,Waterfall Cut)
    Starly-2(Fly Defog)

Years

• - PROGRESS -

Updates:

• Defeated the Eterna City Pokémon Gym.
    • Venom is now on Level 38.
    • Due to double battles, Machop and Piplup leveled up.
    • Venom did not learn Gastro Acid and other moves.
    Pokémon:
    D/P/Pt Solo Challenge

Venom Lv. 38
    Moves:
    Vine Whip
    Acid
    Wrap
    Sleep Powder
    Hold Item: Pecha Berry

HM Slaves:
    D/P/Pt Solo Challenge

Piplup Lv. 10
    Moves: Pound, Growl,
    Cut, Bubble
    Hold Item:

D/P/Pt Solo Challenge

Machop Lv. 8
    Moves: Low Kick, Leer,
    Rock Smash
    Hold Item:

Years
  • I'm still not sure whether i can catch Psyduck at Oreburgh Gate instead or not, Psyduck is beginning to annoy me before i even caught it, so i'm switching to a Geodude now and i'll stay with that. I'm already looking forward to the Gardenia battle, the Crasher Wake battle and Cynthia's Milotic xD

Years
  • I'm already looking forward to the Gardenia battle, the Crasher Wake battle and Cynthia's Milotic xD
    At first you'd think it's just a disadvantage but then you remember that it's x4 damage against you. Good luck is all I can say XD You seem to be like an expert at these challenges, so you don't need any advice but I'm just going to say level like hell.

Years
  • An expert? I thought i was just a nerd xD

Anyways, i started yesterday evening, and it didn't take me long to encounter a Geodude, which i caught. Naughty nature isn't really helpful, since the low Special Defense will cause me a lot of trouble, but it's still a lot better than Mild or Rash would have been. Ability is Rock Head, which is cool, sadly Geodude can't get Head Smash (but it makes Double Edge a better Return, so it's a good ability)...
    Grinded Geodude, which doesn't have a nickname yet (don't let the name Kleinstein fool you, it's just Geodude's extremely uncreative german name), to level 10, fought my way to Oreburgh, beat Roark. Caught another Geodude and taught it Rock Smash. Currently in this flower town, whatever it's called like.

'Team':
    D/P/Pt Solo Challenge

Kleinstein / Geodude m Lv. 20 @ /
    Naughty Nature / Rock Head
    ~ Tackle
    ~ Magnitude
    ~ Rock Throw
    ~ Rock Polish

No Rock Tomb, it's just too inaccurate, so i prefer Rock Polish.

D/P/Pt Solo Challenge

Kleinstein / Geodude m Lv. 7 @ /
    Docile Nature / Rock Head
    ~ Tackle
    ~ Defense Curl
    ~ Mud Sport
    ~ Rock Smash
    HM Slave #1

D/P/Pt Solo Challenge

Plinfa/ Piplup ? Lv. 9 @ /
    ? Nature / Torrent
    ~ Pound
    ~ Growl
    ~ Bubble
    ~ /

I forgot some stuff about this thing, but it isn't important anyway, it's my HM Slave #2. Plinfa is, again, the default name for Piplup in the german games.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    An expert? I thought i was just a nerd xD

Anyways, i started yesterday evening, and it didn't take me long to encounter a Geodude, which i caught. Naughty nature isn't really helpful, since the low Special Defense will cause me a lot of trouble, but it's still a lot better than Mild or Rash would have been. Ability is Rock Head, which is cool, sadly Geodude can't get Head Smash (but it makes Double Edge a better Return, so it's a good ability)...
    Grinded Geodude, which doesn't have a nickname yet (don't let the name Kleinstein fool you, it's just Geodude's extremely uncreative german name), to level 10, fought my way to Oreburgh, beat Roark. Caught another Geodude and taught it Rock Smash. Currently in this flower town, whatever it's called like.

'Team':
    D/P/Pt Solo Challenge

Kleinstein / Geodude m Lv. 20 @ /
    Naughty Nature / Rock Head
    ~ Tackle
    ~ Magnitude
    ~ Rock Throw
    ~ Rock Polish

No Rock Tomb, it's just too inaccurate, so i prefer Rock Polish.
    D/P/Pt Solo Challenge

Kleinstein / Geodude m Lv. 7 @ /
    Docile Nature / Rock Head
    ~ Tackle
    ~ Defense Curl
    ~ Mud Sport
    ~ Rock Smash
    HM Slave #1

D/P/Pt Solo Challenge

Plinfa/ Piplup ? Lv. 9 @ /
    ? Nature / Torrent
    ~ Pound
    ~ Growl
    ~ Bubble
    ~ /

I forgot some stuff about this thing, but it isn't important anyway, it's my HM Slave #2. Plinfa is, again, the default name for Piplup in the german games.
    Good luck I try this before with a Graveler and I couldnt beat gardina.So good Luck.

Years
  • I ran some damage calculations and found out Lv.22 Max HP/Max Def Roserade will be OHKOd by a Lv.45 Min Atk w/ +Nature Dude using Magnitude 7 (most common). But i'll have EQ before level 45, so i guess i'll have to grind Dude to Lv.40 before Gardenia (Lv. 22 Max Speed Roserade ties with Max Speed Dude at that level, so 45 would probably be better...). This might take me some time...

Gimmepienow

Man-Eating Diglett!
    Years
  • *sits back at computer, tired breathing heavily*
    I... found... Pearl...

It was in my Explorers of Sky case..... Don't ask how it got there.

But now I can continue the challenge

Years

• - PROGRESS -

Updates:

• Defeated the Hearthrome City Pokémon Gym.
    • Defeated the Veilstone City Pokémon Gym.
    • Venom is now on Level 56.
    • Due to double battles, Piplup leveled up.
    • Piplup evolved into Prinplup.
    • Taught Prinplup the HM Defog.
    • Venom was taught Hidden Power (that I bought from the Game Corner).
    • Venom replaced Vine Whip with Razor Leaf.
    • Venom replaced Wrap with Slam.
    Pokémon:
    D/P/Pt Solo Challenge

Venom Lv. 56
    Moves:
    Razor Leaf
    Acid
    Slam
    Hidden Power Psychic
    Hold Item:

HM Slaves:
    D/P/Pt Solo Challenge

Prinplup Lv. 22
    Moves: Defog, Metal Claw,
    Cut, Bubblebeam
    Hold Item:

D/P/Pt Solo Challenge

Machop Lv. 8
    Moves: Low Kick, Leer,
    Rock Smash, Focus Energy
    Hold Item:

Gimmepienow

Man-Eating Diglett!
    Years
  • Finally, new updates!

Current Location: Somewhere on Route 214

Made it through Route 210 and 215
    Bought a lot of Moo Moo Milks
    Fought the Karate Quads in Veilstone Gym
    Skipped fighting Maylene (Bone Rush is a killer!)
    Continuing along to Pastoria to defeat Crasher Wake
    Wow, at this rate it will be a long time before I get badge 3

Stats!
    Cpt. Surge LUXIO lvl 43
    Mild Nature
    HP:121
    Atk:83 Def: 53
    Sp. Atk: 77 Sp. Def: 55
    Spd: 74
    Crunch Discharge
    Spark Hidden Power

NOTE!:

Shinx accidentally evolved into Luxio while I was distracted and I couldn't turn off the game because I was playing for an hour without saving so now my solo run is with a Luxio!

This is why you don't watch Discovery Channel while playing Pokemon

Back