• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Autumn and/or Spring Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I don't find many British shows funny. /blatant lie, sorta

What shows are you basing this off of? You may have to delve deeper for the ones that don't get marketed as well in America since they're largely relegated to cable networks now. The ones I will watch if they're on include Scrubs, House, M.D.,Burn Notice, Big Bang Theory, Futurama, The Colbert Report, and The Daily Show With Jon Stewart, and that's of American-made shows. Those last 3 run on cable exclusively, and those first four have ties to the big 4 networks, but also run older seasons on cable networks.

I could name some British shows I find funny, but I don't feel like it.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Entourage and House, M.D. are the only thing I watch.
    And I used to watch FlashForward, but it was cancelled ;o;

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I don't find many British shows funny. /blatant lie, sorta

What shows are you basing this off of? You may have to delve deeper for the ones that don't get marketed as well in America since they're largely relegated to cable networks now. The ones I will watch if they're on include Scrubs, House, M.D.,Burn Notice, Big Bang Theory, Futurama, The Colbert Report, and The Daily Show With Jon Stewart, and that's of American-made shows. Those last 3 run on cable exclusively, and those first four have ties to the big 4 networks, but also run older seasons on cable networks.

I could name some British shows I find funny, but I don't feel like it.

Meh, for the most part British TV is utter tripe so i'm not gonna argue with you there.

I'm not a fan of Scrubs, House, Simpsons, Futurama, American Dad, Family Guy, any of them really. All but the last 2 of the shows you listed are shown over here , either on terrestrial or cable tv.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    The Good Wife, Desperate Housewives, Modern Family and Law & Order: SVU are the only TV shows I watch.

The Middle is just an inferior Malcolm in the Middle tbh.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    The Middle is so funny I love it.

Brick is funny. I like it when he whispers it cracks me up. XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    My mom started watching The Middle and insisted the whole family sit down and watch it with her and the rest of us couldn't stand how it was such a blatant rip-off of Malcolm in the Middle in like every way. @_@ At least, I think it was--haha, I might be thinking of something completely different.

I don't mind when she's watching it while I do dishes or something but I seriously can't sit down and watch it with nothing else to do. The blatancy of its idea-stealing just makes me uncomfortable, haha.

:( I don't have basic cable, nevermind anything more. So to watch my shows I have to wait for the networks to put them online for free streaming with commercials or illegally download/stream it, haha. All I keep up with is Glee (...for the music, tbh, because I don't like it much anymore), Dexter (though this season is pretty boring so far), and and I toss on Big Bang Theory while studying. :P

Cherrim

Years
    BBT isn't the greatest, and the laugh track is pretty annoying, but I find it amusing. :) My family really latched onto it though. Originally I introduced them to it because the interaction between the nerds and Penny was often parallel to interaction between my brother and I and my parents. xD;

But yes, Dexter is weird this season. I don't think they'll ever be able to top the awesome that was season 4 and they left it on such a crazy note that nothing else really compares. But like every single character is pissing me off so hopefully it picks up. :( I'll probably watch it until it gets cancelled or wraps up but I'd rather really enjoy it.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2011
    Dos anyone know a show named iCarly on Nickelodeon? This show is better than great, it's comedy. I love this show and I have to watching this show everyday, because it's so great.

Cherrim

Years
    I've heard of it but I've never seen an episode in my life. @_@

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    iCarly is pretty good, I guess. Not something I would watch everyday, but I would watch it every now and then. (b'')b Lately, though, I've been watching Crime Shows. XD;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back