• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium2342525

Falling Star
    Years
    ^That's not much of a good food routine imo :( You have to eat at least 3 main courses. :P

This past weekend I feel like I just gorged with food. Bleh, I've probably gained a pound or two by now, seeing that I'm on a diet. >_>

Toujours just mentioned Subway... I haven't had some since I left SD!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    You know they say if you snack throughout the day instead of eating 3 full meals you'll be healthier and lose weight faster?

Also, SD = San Diego?

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    You know they say if you snack throughout the day instead of eating 3 full meals you'll be healthier and lose weight faster?

Also, SD = San Diego?

lol not if snacks here mean things like chocolate, noodles etc. And losing weight is the last thing I want... I'm already very underweight and stuff.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    My eating habits are the best eating habits. As in I eat irregularly. As in I tend to skip days without getting hungry lol. But meh, I only really eat when I feel hungry, and that's not often and I don't think it's doing me any harm so!
    K. Well, there is an element of nutrition that comes with eating. It's not just about satisfying hunger cravings.

I'd much rather eat something delicious to get those benefits than take a pill supplement.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    I remember watching something on TV somewhere, as I always do, about a girl who would lose weight by tasting the food, then spitting it out.

It's very odd, but it kinda makes sense. Not telling you kids to go do that; Eat your veggies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I saw a guy who showed that losing weight is all about calories; he ate not many calories of just junk food and lost a lot of weight off of it. It's so hard to listen to people saying to eat more calories to get something more nutritious knowing about that story tbh.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I saw a guy who showed that losing weight is all about calories; he ate not many calories of just junk food and lost a lot of weight off of it. It's so hard to listen to people saying to eat more calories to get something more nutritious knowing about that story tbh.
    That's just eating less. You're going to lose weight by eating less. But losing weight does not mean you're healthy or getting necessary nutrients. You can lose weight through starvation with the occasional candy bar. Doesn't make you healthy.

Also counting calories doesn't work for everybody. Some people (me for example), have to count carbs instead to lose weight.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'm pretty sure I heard that if you go on a low-calorie diet for a while, you might end up getting fatter when you *do* eat more than usual because your body is kind of starving itself and goes "oh, I'd better convert this to fat to save for later when I'm hungry!" So it's a lot better to change your diet to just be healthier overall while still eating enough calories to get you through the day and exercise to help with weight. Calories are converted to energy so lowering your calorie intake will lessen the amount of food you eat so technically, yes, there is less reason to gain weight because you're literally putting less in your body but... it's never sounded like a good option. o_O

Like, I feel a lot more comfortable drinking regular Coke (160 calories/can here?) rather than Coke Zero because I don't like the ingredients they use to replace the sugars in the no-calorie versions. They make me feel sick later and in the end they just feel unhealthier than the calorie-heavy sugared version. So it's not just watching calories that's important, but watching what's actually IN what you eat.

Not that I do any of this because I'm super lazy.

edit: the title of this thread makes me really want pizza. :(

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I'm pretty sure I heard that if you go on a low-calorie diet for a while, you might end up getting fatter when you *do* eat more than usual because your body is kind of starving itself and goes "oh, I'd better convert this to fat to save for later when I'm hungry!" So it's a lot better to change your diet to just be healthier overall while still eating enough calories to get you through the day and exercise to help with weight.
    Yeah

edit: the title of this thread makes me really want pizza. :(
    Go to the pizza thread

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I WANT THE EASY WAY OUT YOU GUYS SHUT UP

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Watching your calories is pretty much the same as portion control. If you follow the serving sizes as well as give yourself a daily calorie limit you'll lose weight.

Back when I was 17 I lost around 75 pounds just by watching the number of calories I took in a day. I went from around 260 to 180-190 over the course of a couple of months. Stuff like cutting down the amount of cereal you pour into a bowl, or how much stuff you put on a sandwich really helps.
    This was all without exercise too, as I just stayed inside and played Ragnarok Online the entire time LOL. It would have helped immensely if I had exercised though, 'cause I would have built muscle and gotten more energy.

I'd post a before and after, but I don't you'd want to see the former beached whale that was Cello.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well you also have to burn off more than you eat. I don't exercise. I wish I knew how many calories I burned a day so I could just confine myself to less than that, because I hate exercise lool.

Yeah when I was around 16 I lost 50 pounds but I gained back about 20 from being in college and having unlimited of pretty much whatever I want so now time to diet again. xD

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    I've gained a lot back as well, seeing as I don't get out much anymore. ;_;
    Now that it's summer and I have some yards to take care of, though, that's been helping out a lot. It's giving me more energy to do stuff, so now I'm exercising in addition to dieting.
    I've already shed a good two pounds so far.

PC NEEDS A GET FIT EVENT.
    Nothing like the internet encouraging you to lose weight.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I wouldn't do it though because I can't do stuff like that with other people. My exercise abilities are so low that the things you would have to do would kill me.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I think I decided on the non-nutritious sweet thing with less calories. D;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back