• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    did you know when bears hibernate their heart beat slows down to around 4 beats a minute and they only take two breaths a minute

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    This. I love sleep. I look forward to it every night~

The feeling of laying down and being in peace (assuming I am not being chased by Saryka with a shotgun) is just..well, it's just fantastic.

Bahaha! That's only if you wake me up before I'm good and ready on the weekends! :P

did you know when bears hibernate their heart beat slows down to around 4 beats a minute and they only take two breaths a minute

That's nuts! I never knew it was that low.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I love those like animal facts and stuff! I am recording this show about strange animal skills and techniques for hunting and stuff. I love shows like that!

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    The Black Swanna is the most graceful creature in existence. There's your fact for the day.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Did you know that when Dolphins sleep, they only shut down half their brain because if they completely fell asleep like we do, they would sink and drown.

Bahaha! That's only if you wake me up before I'm good and ready on the weekends! :P
    Lol, well I guess that's good for my dreams! :D
    The Black Swanna is the most graceful creature in existence. There's your fact for the day.
    You and your theories~

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    When I sleep, I might as well be hibernating. XD I can sleep through pretty much anything once I actually fall asleep, but I get pretty nasty if someone wakes me up when I don't intend to get up early that day.

But it would be nice to just skip winter, sleep through it, and wake up when it's springtime. ;;

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I wish I could sleep through anything. I'm the lightest sleeper in the world I swear.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I would hate hibernating >.< So many people that I wouldn't get to see for far too long =[.

Well, you know how when you go to sleep, you wake up and it feels like it's been 5 minutes? That's what hibernating would be like. So really, it would just be like going to sleep normally. ^_^

When I was young, I didn't believe the night was 8-12 hours long. I thought my parents were lying to me, because every time I woke up it felt like I fell asleep 5 minutes before. So, one night I stayed up all night.

Never again.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    I knew they slowed their hearts and breathing rates, but I didn't realise it was that low!
    yep a new study on them pointed that out. also, more and more bears are not completing the hibernation process because they couldn't find enough food to eat to make it through, so they have to wake up to scavenge.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Ugh sleeping <33 I've gotten sooo lazy over the years, I used to hate sleep, too. I think it comes with being a teenager. XD;

I feel like hibernation would be like what Landorus said, you would wake up and it wouldn't feel nearly as long as it actually was. That's why it would be such a nice way to just quickly skip winter altogether, so painlessly~

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I'm not too fond of sleeping, either. So I have question for ya'll:

If there was a pill/other method that gave you all the benefits of sleep(minus dreams, of course) would you take that instead of sleeping?

Me, personally, it would depend on they day and what is going on. I would only take the pill if I needed to finish something important, or just needed complete alertness. Otherwise, I would prefer the natural way of sleep.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    There are birds who dont sleep, they shut half their brain off then swith later on. That way they can stay in the air :P

as for me, im ok with sleeping, at day or night. I guess im a heavy sleeper
    I uasley sleep with tv or music on, but with the tv I might have a dream about the shpw thats on(i guess i hear the sounds then it translates to a dream, but with visuals too)
    I wish I had mor e dreams

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back