• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    There are certain sleep patterns you can follow (I forget what they're called) that supposedly work just as well for giving you rest. You take 15 minute naps every few hours and as a result you don't need much sleep at all through out the week and you end up with... an extra 12 hours of wakefulness. I know someone who went on it once and they went a little nuts from having so much extra free time. :( They ended up ditching it. I imagine pills like that would be the same... I already have too much free time right now and I'd go nuts if I had to deal with more, haha.

I know I'd use them sometimes, but I actually really love the act of sleeping. n_n

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I'm one of those lame people who complains that they're tired a lot, but still can't manage to be asleep before 2am. I'm such a light sleeper on top of that, any change in my room or outside my window (lights, sounds, etc) wakes me up :/ I can even wake up when someone walks in my room, even if i've been asleep for hours.

I feel like a should cherish sleep now because if I feel like I get none now in college, once I have to get a ~real~ job when I graduate, it's gonna be worse D:

Cherrim

Years
    Omg I'm such a light sleeper too. ._. It's not so bad in carpeted places but at home we have hardwood flooring everywhere and if anyone is walking . Unless I've taken a sleeping pill (those keep me asleep way longer than I should be, usually), I wake up every morning when my family wakes up for work/school and again (if I managed to go back to sleep right away) when they leave.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I can sleep through anything. I slept through someone driving through the fence at the end of our driveway once, and apparently I sit up and hold conversations with my mom before she leaves for work in the morning but I don't remember it after I wake up. :(

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Gah, I hate that too: my family all gets up around 4am-5am and I don't need to be up till 6am (to drive my brother to school, then i'm back to bed till class) and constantly wakes me up D:

and hahaha I do the same thing, my mom or dad will get into an arguement with me asking why I didn't do something when they asked me "this morning" before they left at 5am. do they honestly think I remember ever talking them, let alone what they said that early? pffffffft no.

Cherrim

Years
    I only remember a few times where apparently I had a conversation or did something overnight and don't remember it later. :( The only time I remember doing anything though was when I was a little kid and I apparently got up to get water & my parents had to help me or something. Which isn't even interesting. >:(

Interestingly, most of my sleep-conversations (or overtired-don't-remember-them-so-they-may-as-well-have-been-sleep-conversations conversations) haven't even been when I'm on pills or anything. :P Just tired.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I can somewhat control my sleeping. I mean, I could sleep even later than 2 A.M. for no apparent reason.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I am a light sleeper, so people talking or moving outside my room often wakes me up. It has it's pros and cons, but yeah...

Years
    I am a heavy sleeper, unless something moves in my room or someone is in my bed and they move.
    If a 'friend' is staying and she gets up, I will be awake straight away. But, if people are yelling outside my window, won't even flinch. XD​

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I would say that I'm a heavy sleeper, and since I'm lazy, I'll copy and paste the story from Other Voting Polls as to why I believe I am a heavy sleeper, and you will all be in shock and awe. :)

Me said:
    I would say I am a very deep sleeper and I'll tell you why. One time when I was 7-8 years old and my grandparents looked after a caravan park, and I would stay in one of the caravans (with family of course :P). These caravans had bunk beds, and me being young, I just had to sleep on the top bunk. One night, I was sleeping, and somehow happened to roll off the bed onto the floor. My dad and uncle heard a big thud and then saw me on the floor. They proceeded to take me inside the main building. The next morning came and I woke up and wondered what I was doing in the main building. They then told me all about what I had done and what had happened to me. So yes, I am a very deep sleeper.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'm pretty much dead when I'm asleep. XD; I don't sleep-talk or sleepwalk or any of that... I just sleep. Once, I slept through this altercation that apparently people were having outside at 2:00 or so in the morning. I've also slept through thunderstorms. People the next morning are always like "OMG DIDJA HEAR THE THUNDERSTORM LAST NIGHT? WOKE ME UP" and I'm like "what thunderstorm? :/"

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I'm pretty heavy sleeper. Big noises and stuff usually don't wake me up. But if someone is like in my room/house causing a ruckus, I usually wake up then. So yay for me(=

Cherrim

Years
    That's why, unless I have absolutely no other choice (ie, importing a game from Japan), I always go pick up my preorders to ensure I get them same-day. 8(

Not that I'll be getting PKMN for a while since I preordered it in another city lmao. ;_;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm hoping to pick up my preorder on Monday, because I highly doubt I can get someone to bring me to Gamestop on Sunday to get it. Even then it kind of has to be my mom because she said that was going to pay the rest of it off once I help her clean a house. xD;

As for my siblings, hopefully they'll be able to pick up a copy as well, even though neither of 'em preordered it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    My brother is picking up both B and W as well as the Prima guide when he goes to Wal-Mart tomorrow. And we found out that Wal-Mart doesn't do preorders for in-store pickup anymore, at least not our local one. Hopefully it won't be sold out (he's going at around 11:00 in the morning or so.)

Years
    That's why, unless I have absolutely no other choice (ie, importing a game from Japan), I always go pick up my preorders to ensure I get them same-day. 8(

Not that I'll be getting PKMN for a while since I preordered it in another city lmao. ;_;

Haha, rub it in, Erica! :(
    One of my mates got his today! AND HE ORDERED IT THE SAME TIME AS ME AND LIVES IN THE SAME AREA! HOW MEAN!​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back