• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Moob Chat [now with 90% more Elf Gynecomastia. GO ON PO SERVER (ANNOUNCEMENT)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I feel like this generation simply will not be played the same way as the 4th generation was. There is always a pretty dramatic change when a new generation comes along. I feel like the weather is a little overrated. Politoed and Ninetales are both really terrible lol, since they're both probably going to lead you'll know exactly what type of team you're facing, and Sun isn't exactly gamebreaking. With the new Water item (it's swimming goggles or something like that) Politoed could very well be worth playing with basically 5 Pokemon, and despite it being a pain, Rain is not impossible to stop at all...at least it wasn't last generation. So I might be way off on that one lol.

I don't really know how this Dream World thing works though...

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Speed Boost Blaziken sounds like it's going to run over everyone. What stops just Fire Blast/HJK/HP Grass/Shadow Claw (for that one flash fire ghost lamp thing)? Maybe that Water/Ghost, but... Weather is going to run everything too. : (

Idk about running Shadow Claw for Shandeera (that ghost/fire thingy), since if it switches in on HJK you die to recoil damage pretty much in one hit, as far as I've understood :x

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    It's like, coming out of his forehead. *shrug*

That was one of the best Nick shows ever, no contest.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I heard white and black released in japan and I thought I would download shoddy and see what's up with the new metagame and ****........why can't I download shoddy? :(
    first off, this "new metagame" doesn't exist. second, we barely know all the info on the Pokemon, how do you expect Shoddy to be completely ready with everything? ._. I mean, Shoddy 2, which I doubt will contain Gen V stuff, hasn't even starting testing yet.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    @Ninjacaterpie: The way I read it, I just assumed that nate wanted to have a part in the immensely fun speculation about the new metagame. Oh, and the shoddy site was apparently down yesterday when nate tried to download it (at least it failed for me), so I think you are just misunderstanding him. :x

Barring that, this seems really fun to use if it actually works out as intended: https://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79418

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Oh, well, uhm, my bad, I guess? Speculation + theorymon is fun as heck :D That Pass looks ridiculously fun, haha.

I get a feeling Sturdy won't be that overpowered though...Sash only works the first time, why doesn't Sturdy? ._.

...I guess because most Sturdy Pokemon are actually quite...sturdy in stats and will rarely actually get OHKOd?

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    Yeah I haven't played pokemon in forever so when I heard that Black/White was released that smogon had all the info already. So I made that post before I went to the smogon website to find out that smogon didn't really have anything. Sorry :S

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Speed Boost Blaziken sounds like it's going to run over everyone. What stops just Fire Blast/HJK/HP Grass/Shadow Claw (for that one flash fire ghost lamp thing)? Maybe that Water/Ghost, but... Weather is going to run everything too. :(

Gyarados, Salamence, Desukan seems to do well due to base 145 def and Victini can take 1 Shadow Claw and resists everything else on the set. Slowbrooooo weak. also still slow with speed boost so scarfers like Garchomp decimate it lol.

Oh and did i mention how Lugia, Ho-Oh and Giratina etc will be part of OU to start with according to smogon ? Since they are scrapping the current tiers and starting over but yeah they wall the crap out of it lol.

So guys, I found an ability modifier code.

Give me some stuff you want tested.

Test ditto's eccentric.

I feel like this generation simply will not be played the same way as the 4th generation was. There is always a pretty dramatic change when a new generation comes along. I feel like the weather is a little overrated. Politoed and Ninetales are both really terrible lol, since they're both probably going to lead you'll know exactly what type of team you're facing, and Sun isn't exactly gamebreaking. With the new Water item (it's swimming goggles or something like that) Politoed could very well be worth playing with basically 5 Pokemon, and despite it being a pain, Rain is not impossible to stop at all...at least it wasn't last generation. So I might be way off on that one lol.

I don't really know how this Dream World thing works though...

Not to mention ALOT of pokes got anti weather abilities. This wont be a problem for me anyway lol

Also Alakazam seems REALLY good now. It gets Psycho Shock (uses Zam's special attack to hit the physical def of things, aka cya bliss, though base 80 attack move isnt that Powerful. Thank god it doesnt get Psycho Break like Mewtwo which is the same thing except 20bp more), escapes Pursuit with "Side Change" (like baton pass but doesnt pass anything) but id just run sub. It also gets Magic Guard...lol. :x

Also rate the pimp cloyster. Set up on dragons and watch things die.

Cloyster@ White Herb
    Adamant Nature
    <evs>
    -Shell Break Other Normal PP: 15 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: Raises Atk, SpAtk, and Spe by 2 stages but lowers Def and SpDef by one stage.
    -Shell Blade: Physical Water PP: 10 Power: 75 / Accuracy: 95 Effect: May decrease opponent's Defense by 1 stage. / Hydro Pump (4 bliss skarm lol)
    - Ice Shard / Icicle Spear (updated Power to 125 with Skill link..lol :x) / Icicle Polish: Physical Ice PP: 10 Power: 85 / Accuracy: 90 Effect: May cause opponent to flinch.
    - Explosion son. ;D / Ice Shard

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Pun intended Aura? ;D

Also w/ Ho-oh getting regenerate it doesn't care about sr as much as it used to.. or rather, it can now abuse BB's for fun and giggles..

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Yeah, I don't think I'm really going to battle much until the metagame stabilizes itself mostly, and some tiers actually get set

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Well from watching a few of the b/w battles on Youtube, the mole seems like its going to be pretty broken.
    It gets double speed in ss and access to swords dance.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Yeah, I don't think I'm really going to battle much until the metagame stabilizes itself mostly, and some tiers actually get set

^ This.

My other DCC thread is temporarily closed. So I need some place to spam chat. :(

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I'm really excited for Close Combat Arcanine and Sweeper Cloyster more than anything.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I still wish you could come on shoddy though </3 ;_;

My fav and most anticipated poke is Burunkeru, the water/ghost @ recover. <3

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    (lemme grace you all with my presence)

I am so looking forward to using Erufuun and Denchura, since Tabunne was a huge disappointment, lol. It was my initial favorite. :(

I forget about Shimama/Meguroko... Hm, I should look into them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back