• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily PokéCommunity Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TY

Soon to be done with college so my time increases till I got an actual job, but I'm lowkey a bit scared to go on my own to England for the first time (around September). Im still considering if i go by plane or train, but i got plenty of time to plan

im barely talking on discord unless people initiate conversations with me, I cleaned my list and probably removed too many people :x

pkmin3033

I think generally it's cheaper to go by plane...faster, too. Bit more terrifying, though. At least if you've never flown before and have no idea what to expect.

I have 6 contacts, but nobody wanted to talk to me anyway. xD

TY

ive never flown before no, so im terrified as hell, trains I use on the daily, but probably will end up costing a fortune indeed.

i have a lot of contacts and theres always this one guy that sends me constant notifications to play a game xd

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Even though I've never been on one, I simply adore old steam engines! Actually, I've only been on a train once, but it was a long time ago and the memory is vague. These days I'd probably get motion sick. :x

I have been on a plane twice (on a return trip). I was really nervous, but in a good way. The view of the clouds is breathtaking from up there! There's no reason to be afraid guys. I mean the worst part is getting an airplane headache, if even that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    I think generally it's cheaper to go by plane...faster, too. Bit more terrifying, though. At least if you've never flown before and have no idea what to expect.

I have 6 contacts, but nobody wanted to talk to me anyway. xD

It's not fun, especially if you're paranoid. I only rode one by obligation when I was 7, and at that age, it was amplified 100x.

I don't actually remember anything but the pre-takoff (they had to fix the wing) and the take off itself. Everything else is gone. But I know I didn't enjoy it whatsoever.

pkmin3033

I wouldn't say I was paranoid about flying, but I am an extremely anxious person and I have...issues, with sickness, let's call it.

Which are often amplified by my anxiety to the point of incapacitation. But it's only a short flight to Scotland (I'd be going from Southampton, which is also a smaller airport and hopefully not as overwhelming as, say, Gatwick) so I'm hoping it won't be too difficult...or if it is, that it'll at least be over in a couple of hours.

Much as I'd love to fly out to Texas or New Zealand, a long flight my first time is probably a bad idea...plus it costs a fortune.

TY

I just learned a flight to London costs around 50 euros here... and considering a train ticket to Cologne once costed around 70 euros i can only assume to London is far more expensive...

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    I wouldn't say I was paranoid about flying, but I am an extremely anxious person and I have...issues, with sickness, let's call it.

Which are often amplified by my anxiety to the point of incapacitation. But it's only a short flight to Scotland (I'd be going from Southampton, which is also a smaller airport and hopefully not as overwhelming as, say, Gatwick) so I'm hoping it won't be too difficult...or if it is, that it'll at least be over in a couple of hours.

Much as I'd love to fly out to Texas or New Zealand, a long flight my first time is probably a bad idea...plus it costs a fortune.

Crippling social anxiety?

Bring a game or comic, or watch videos on your phone. That always worked for me. The distraction.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Plane rides are tiring and tedious, I've been in a 13 hour flight and another 6 hour flight and god was I tired. The worst part is I can never fall asleep in planes because it's too cramped and shaky.

pkmin3033

Distraction rarely works for my particular brand of anxiety...often, the only thing I can do is wait it out. It's not really caused by other people, though. I avoid other people more because of it...and because I know most people dislike me >.>

I don't actually have a phone capable of watching videos either. xD;

I wonder, though - how do you all deal with jetlag? I imagine that to be one of the worst feelings in the world =x

TY

Idk I havent experienced jetlag at all, but I can imagine being absolutely wasted

pkmin3033

Are you sure you aren't just projecting that, rather than it being true?
    Very sure.

Anyways. Moving firmly on from that particular line of conversation.

I doubt I could cope with jetlag, honestly. I have a pretty well-established sleep schedule, so it'd probably wreak merry hell on me for about a week. I can't even get used to the clocks going forward every year. xD;

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • My sleep schedule is always fluctuating, so I'd probably deal with jet lag better than most. Then again, I'm a zombie when tired!

I imagine you'd feel completely wasted. The kind of tired where you just want to crumple to the floor and sleep.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

...and yet still wake up at the exact same time I always do. It's nice having a sleep schedule like mine because I can practically fall asleep and wake up on cue - provided I'm not being kept awake, anyway - but if I miss sleep that's tough luck because of how inflexible it is. Bad days are REALLY bad days. xD

You must crash something awful sometimes if you stay up too long, though :o

TY

Like the thing is when it gets a bit too late I just pass out, I can't do allnighters anymore. Used to but now its a different beast altogether.

And then wake up either 1 hour later than normal or 30 mins earlier

pkmin3033

I've never tried to pull an all-nighter before...I probably COULD, because I can't sleep if the noise levels are too high no matter how tired I am - this has caused me a lot of pain when my neighbours have had parties going on until 2am or later - but I'd feel like garbage if I did...and I wouldn't be able to sleep until 11pm the next night.

Lack of flexibility is a fair price to pay for never sleeping longer than 6 hours, I think.

TY

I've done that like 6 times over my lifespan. Usually when I was home on my own though so no one could yell at me for being awake.

I tried to pull one yesterday while playing the entire Halo series but fell asleep on my keyboard at 2:30am

I wrote a whole essay that made no sense

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back