• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    How do you even find out IVs in, say, Emerald?

iirc you use an IV calculator. Basically, you put in the level, stats, and EVs (if any) of your Pokemon and voila, your Pokemon's IVs are now determined.

More or less, at least. It is based from human memory which, from what I last checked, is a bit rough on the remembering part :p

Years
    or i'm just jelli i don't have x or y yet
    Here's some peanut butter to go with that jelli

dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

I've tried to do some of this IV breeding stuff, but it gets a little boring after a while.

Years
    Okay, that peanut button on bread just made me hungry <3

I've never even tried IV breeding at all, nor have I really understood the concept somewhat until recently.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
    I just want a Shiny Male Adamant Pidgey but every time I encounter a shiny Pidgey it's female like jfc game can I just get my male and move on?

I have a shiny male Pidgey. I can't guarantee IVs / Nature / Ability though, it was caught wild not bred.
    Whatcha got for it?

Look at you guys, breeding pokemon as if they were tools! I'm so ashamed of this most unethical behaviour.

or i'm just jelli i don't have x or y yet

Its the jelly, I have it too. Such a bitter taste...

If it makes you guys feel any better....

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've never really understood IV breeding, either. Regardless of how many guides I look at, I still end up getting myself confused. ):

Years
    Sure I could probably try IV breeding.. but one thing I'd never be able to perfect is EV training Dx even with the new super training feature in X and Y as well..

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    IV training I can get, but Zach, EV training is super easy. Even without Super Training, all you need to do is locate the right horde battle, equip the right items, and you get 50-60 EV's in one battle. 4-5 battles and you're good.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Is it really that common? Man, it kinda sucks how accessible the games are now. I liked how there was this tip of the iceberg feel to the games when it came to how deep things can get.

Years
    Honestly, I see many things about Pokémon games getting easier and easier as each generation and time goes along.

Sirfetch’d

I like the fact that the games are getting easier in some areas such as breeding. IV breeding used to be such a hassel but now it's actually easy and fun!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Okay, don't get me wrong, the workaround for EV's this gen sounds amazing(can't wait to try it out) but I just don't want the games to get too easy. I want the challenge created by the metagame to be there for the single player.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Have to agree; a lot of things have been made easier. d: Especially training your Pokémon, thanks to the new Experience Share and all. I've seen a lot of people complain about this, but there's an option to have it disabled, though. If you don't like it, then why not turn it off?

Sirfetch’d

The game itself is still a challenge but the mechanics are what have become easier, imo such as EV training, IV breeding, shiny searching etc.

Years
    Yunno I was never into all that EV and IV stuff D: even in my store-bought copies. Did X and Y change that for a lot of you? Or were you already in all that competitive + shiny stuff?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I don't find the game to be a challenge at all. Absolutely everything has been made easier to the point where you feel like you're being talked down to. I still love the games, I just wish there were a challenge mode.

Sirfetch’d

Yunno I was never into all that EV and IV stuff D: even in my store-bought copies. Did X and Y change that for a lot of you? Or were you already in all that competitive + shiny stuff?

I've always kinda liked competitive which is why I frequent the server but X&Y made me like it in-game and not just on a simulator.

I don't find the game to be a challenge at all. Absolutely everything has been made easier to the point where you feel like you're being talked down to. I still love the games, I just wish there were a challenge mode.

I do agree about there needing to be a challenge mode but they had to save something for Z right ;)

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Yep, a challenge mode is definitely required. But no level increases, just the AI. I loved it when I found out that the Champion reaches the high 60s, but has a crap AI. Give me a champion that can check me for every move and I'm a happy man.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back